Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-21, 08:46 AM   #16
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Once again very picturesque though I had to put the volume right down, there is some sort of clicking sound in the background that is quite off putting!
There is, but I think it is intentional. Its seems to be chaotic and random, but more and more falls into line with the rythm of the musical composition. I am not certain, but thats my impression.

I have done my last long range tour yesterday. Sunny day, great weather, and off too Osnabrück I was, 120 km back and forth, 8 hours. Busy but relaxed day in their pedestrian zone, I had Asian noodles in the midst of it, and enjoyed a wonderful day, visiting some old familiar places, I lived there for ten years. I luckily escaped a police control because people warned me that it was ahead, behind a turning bend, and driving was forbidden (construction site). I did not only stop and walked, but made sure I quickly dismounted the camera... That was close! Less than 60 meters, to be precise. When I got there and passed, they already had pulled half a dozen bicycles to the sides. Lucky lucky dog I was.

I will save the video of this and my second-last longer trip of this year . But I do it differently and not with intention to adress an audience with it. Who wants to watch it, can do it, but know what you get:

In the first season I did the "On Tour" videos. They were normally fimed at 1x speed and with sound. In post-processing I accelerated it to 2x, the sound got distorted, I cut pieces out to shorten the films, it was plenty of work, and I had some royalty-free music inserted, but mostly it was the distorted whining of the engine that was to be heard. The image is a bit nervous, and Bit-compresison was not great.

Next season i started with the "Warp Drive" series. It was the new Timewarp mode, it had way better image quality, the smoothness was improved greatly, and speed was accelerated to 5x, which allowed me to skip the plenty of editing and cutting to bring it down to a film of endurable length. Thes filmns thus show the complete tours, back and forth, in movies of 60-80 minutes length. I like the results, the virtual speeds are around 100-120 km/h: a car on a highway. It sdjustg that the closer to any of the two cities you are, the more repetivie it becomes. The variations lie in the centre sections.

What you guys have seen here in this thread, is the same principle, but again at just 2x acceleration.

I have four main corridors of traveling to Osnabrück, the centre parts of the tracks are where it varies dramatically. I want to shoot them all again in this Timewarp 2x mode, and at both directions, which means it is 8 tracks, so to speak, and I have completed 4 of these in recent two weeks, and in interesting autumn weather, from foggy mornings to golden noontimes. I will glue the pieces together and make one trip direciion one film, leaving it free of any further editing, which means it is quite a longer film then. Its a library for myself, so to speak, when i am old and grey and cannot do these trips anymore, I can get a VR helmet and then retravel the trips again, and at modest speed. There will also be no music, so one can pick ones own favourite tunes. I will only provide time stamps for places and tour sections.

Its not for everybody, I know, but especially the tour to Osnabrück and then the vicinity of it, north of the Teutoburger forest, that is so idyllic a landscape and different a mood, I want to conserve that for me (and my parents as well), and if you guys fancy such rides in the driver's cabin, well, I will not stop you then. Personally I occasionally like to watch videos like this on train locomotives, just watchign the track ahead and landscape while I have lunch or dinner. I did these tours before, but as I said: at 5x speed, and in summer's dark green vegetation. I will also prepare a map for overview, so that you know what it is about and how the tracks differ.

Four of eight sectiosn are done. The other four will follow next late spring.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-29-21 at 08:58 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote