SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-10, 05:34 PM   #3511
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Don't forget Magnum he redid the Graphics for a much Improved look.
Yes, you´re right. I highly appreciate your work gentlemen (TDW, Reaper and Magnum).
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 06:09 PM   #3512
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v3.5.1 released. This bugfix fixes the bug I introduced in v3.5.0 (WEPS-->Identify target automatic mast height broke) and fixes another bug I just noticed. See post #1 for details.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 04:50 AM   #3513
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Is there any way to force the game to allow making inputs to the TDC dials even when Autoupdate is ON? I never could understand why Ubi chose to lock those dials, it doesn't make any sense.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 12:04 PM   #3514
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I changed the way the function makes the file paths now. It shouldn't give you anymore errors about it in v3.5.1. When it releases let me know if it still gives you errors or not.
I'm ensuring the WEPS-->Identify target automatic mast height is working again currently.
I was playing the game and told WEPS to identify target and the mast height showed 99.9.....I was like crap....I tried a new way of getting the ship's name and it worked but forgot to test it with WEPS-->Identify target....

Almost but not quite

This time its missing the 'Silent Hunter 5' part of the path
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 03:45 PM   #3515
ChainReaction
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Greetings,

I'm really interested in trying out this mod. It seems like it would fix a lot of stuff wrong with the vanilla version .

Although, I've followed these steps, and the mod won't install properly (screenshot: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7033/erroreb.jpg)
First, I went into the MODS part of the file. I copied the ByTheDarkWraith folder to my MODS folder in SH5. I booted JSGME, and selected it to be used.
When I go in-game, all the menus are layered on top of eachother and the buttons are not responsive.

Please help!

PS: I'm sorry if this has already been asked on this forum, but I don't really feel like reading through 350 pages
ChainReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 04:17 PM   #3516
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainReaction View Post
Greetings,

I'm really interested in trying out this mod. It seems like it would fix a lot of stuff wrong with the vanilla version .

Although, I've followed these steps, and the mod won't install properly (screenshot: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7033/erroreb.jpg)
First, I went into the MODS part of the file. I copied the ByTheDarkWraith folder to my MODS folder in SH5. I booted JSGME, and selected it to be used.
When I go in-game, all the menus are layered on top of eachother and the buttons are not responsive.

Please help!

PS: I'm sorry if this has already been asked on this forum, but I don't really feel like reading through 350 pages
At the bottom of the first post is this link with a video tutorial, see if it helps:
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 04:22 PM   #3517
ChainReaction
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
At the bottom of the first post is this link with a video tutorial, see if it helps:
Hey, I did follow the instructions in the video. I just copied the map and left all the settings as default.

EDIT: I've also tried changing the settings like in the video, also didn't help.
ChainReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 05:01 PM   #3518
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
EDIT: I've also tried changing the settings like in the video, also didn't help.
Of course, you have game patched to the newest 1.2 ver, right?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 05:02 PM   #3519
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hey, I did follow the instructions in the video. I just copied the map and left all the settings as default.

Either your game isn't patched to v1.2 or your options file is corrupt. If you didn't touch the options file then run the game updater to update your game to v1.2 (\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe)
Old 07-16-10, 02:35 AM   #3520
GMU
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Is this historically correct that attack periscope had any zoom level ?
Old 07-16-10, 02:55 AM   #3521
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU View Post
Is this historically correct that attack periscope had any zoom level ?
from what others have posted who made periscope mods, yes. Although the stock SH5 zoom level are incorrect at 1x and 4x (Arclight's periscope mod has them at 1.5x and 6x).
Old 07-16-10, 03:06 AM   #3522
GMU
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
from what others have posted who made periscope mods, yes. Although the stock SH5 zoom level are incorrect at 1x and 4x (Arclight's periscope mod has them at 1.5x and 6x).
Well I don;t know what knows or pretend to know others but I do believe if you ask OLC about this, he would say zoom levels did not existed in Attack Scopes. Even in his latest work OLCGmkII he removed any magnification levels from both attack and observation scopes. If you ever tried his mod with GWX you know what I mean..
Old 07-16-10, 03:14 AM   #3523
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34

GMU, if you read OLC's thread carefully you will see that he removed the zoom for graphical reasons, not for realism reasons. OLC is very aware of the actual zoom levels, but he chose a compromise magnification in order to not generate the wave-flattening effect that is normally present in SH3 with the periscope magnification.
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 03:21 AM   #3524
GMU
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman View Post
GMU, if you read OLC's thread carefully you will see that he removed the zoom for graphical reasons, not for realism reasons. OLC is very aware of the actual zoom levels, but he chose a compromise magnification in order to not generate the wave-flattening effect that is normally present in SH3 with the periscope magnification.
Realy ? Might missed the line about it. Thanks, no further issues on this matter then.
Old 07-16-10, 03:27 AM   #3525
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34

@ Dark Wraith wrt the RAOBF

OK there are broadly speaking two kinds of periscope used in U-boats.

The older scope used split-prism system as represented in this game, and also as used in the fleet boats.

The later scope did not have a stadimeter or split-prism but instead was a binocular scope which was considered far superior.

However with present PC technology reproducing a true binocular periscope is a bit beyond us so we are better off recreating the effects of the earlier scope model with the split prism.

In SH4 you could select mastheight through the recog manual, but also move an arm on the stadimeter controller to set your desired mastheight. (Some of us actually preferred to do it this way, since manual id of a target is a faff i think) Once the mastheight was set, and the stadimeter was set correctly, this automatically rotated the stadimeter dial and the correct range read off.

This is exactly the same as how the german one should work, and i think for some it is nice to manually set mastheight without having to go through the recog manual.

In addition, the entire split prism mechanism could be rotated by 90 degree and so used to measure angular length of target. By inputting the known or estimated length of target, the AOB is given automatically by the movement of the split prism.

Alternatively, by inputting AOB if guessed, it should be able to spit out target length in meters. At least i think this is how it should also work.

Anyway, the upshot is, linking the stadimeter directly to the AOB finder to give range automatically would be a great improvement - and check out SH4 for this could work.

Making a stadimeter which works horizontally and can be used for the same automatic operation to generate AOB would be a sort of holy grail for those of us who worked on the AOBfinder from the U-jagd tools onwards.

best of luck

joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui