SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-11, 04:04 PM   #1231
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
First off my hats to you guys and the starter Hans. Joined up for support of this effort!!

I love the fact that Hans starts off with a sub that I love and that is not one of the stars of this era.When I watch the videos I am struck by enlightment of how good SH3 could be.And he works on the wake of the boats.....my favorite past time is watching the boats in the waterPlaying a game on a pc screen is highly enhanced immersion wise when things fit together like a glove.

Makman94,I love your Magui mod and the first thing I thought when I read that your working on the HAHD GUI was that a wood base would work(wood blends well with metal).Then I see your pics and I am happy.Just a suggestion for you if I may.In Magui you have to click the button to bring up the boat control dials.Is there anyway that you can make it so that all you have to do is put mouse over to the area they are at to bring each one up separately?

Carry on HAHD team
Hi mate,

Thank for the good words and yes modding can take your life away pretty quickly but first you need to have one

I don't have one i mean i am a loner who only enjoy history and teaching 3D.

Sitting in front of my screen while listening to my old Hans Albert tunes and modeling is my ultimate joy.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 05:07 PM   #1232
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi shipmates,

I caught a naughty virus and i was sick for a week thing are getting better and will resumed work today or tomorrow sorry for the long silence,

I was just browsing the net last night and i found a nice script to export animation frames automatically so this is great news for us in team so i will upload it on our file server

I already used it on a fishnet i made for the small fishing boat so you see the fishnet moving with the wind it is only 50 frames and the effect is really looking good.

Also i made for you all kind of templates for the ships texturing process like doors, windows, rope, ladder and all sort of thing you can see on ships.

Will upload everything so you can finally go forward with your work.

Best regards Hans

Glad your feeling better mate, so easy to catch a virus in these damp u-boats .

Thanks for making the Fishing Net, I don't think my attempt would have come out very well and it definitely wouldn't have been animated .

Been keeping busy on my SH5 Mod in the meantime so all is good.
Really needed to catch up on that one - been doing a VIIC TDC at the moment for it.

Here's my current WIP (Most Dials to be replaced with my in-game ones)

What software to you recommend for making videos - want to create some tutorial videos for RAOBF use.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 05:35 PM   #1233
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
What software to you recommend for making videos - want to create some tutorial videos for RAOBF use.
Since i make videos myself, i suggest using FRAPS. Up to 30 Seconds of Video in test version, unlimited version is 39$. Downside is, it doesn't support the high-resolution fix for SH3. Only 1024x768 can be filmed.

If you want to take longer shots and don't want to buy FRAPS, try using VirtualDub. It can do pretty much the same, but its free. However, you need to fiddle around with it a bit until you got all setup properly. As far as i know, it can also take movies with the HighRes fix enabled.

Encoding the raw videos to a pretty small file is another thing, but i can help there, too. If you are interested, send me a pm.
Old 04-26-11, 05:56 PM   #1234
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Quote:
Hi mate,

Thank for the good words and yes modding can take your life away pretty quickly but first you need to have one

I don't have one i mean i am a loner who only enjoy history and teaching 3D.

Sitting in front of my screen while listening to my old Hans Albert tunes and modeling is my ultimate joy.

Best regards Hans

Ahhhh I envy you.Some of my most memorable moments growing up was painting D&D figures.I was a fanatic about detail and could take a whole day doing say just a shield.While my work was outstanding and blew away my friends attempts and sadly I got older and I gave up.I still remember the pleasure I would get from being totally absorbed in my hobby.The pleasure that being exact and making something beautiful out of it is a great feeling.I have tried many times to get back into it but my mind wanders and I do not feel the same passion.

Just wanna say you have a friend here in me...its a pretty kool small community!
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 06:02 PM   #1235
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Hans I bet that fishnet would make a good little video

Glad to see you're better

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.

Last edited by Schwieger; 04-27-11 at 10:11 AM.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 02:59 AM   #1236
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Glad your feeling better mate, so easy to catch a virus in these damp u-boats .

Thanks for making the Fishing Net, I don't think my attempt would have come out very well and it definitely wouldn't have been animated .

Been keeping busy on my SH5 Mod in the meantime so all is good.
Really needed to catch up on that one - been doing a VIIC TDC at the moment for it.

Here's my current WIP (Most Dials to be replaced with my in-game ones)

great stuff, this 3d vorhalterechner!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 10:13 AM   #1237
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Uhmmm....I think it is impossible in SH3...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

That's what was said about interior flooding, but look now

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 06:37 AM   #1238
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

yes...and best thing to come for sh3 are new water shaders and new crewmodels...

would be fantastic!!!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:20 PM   #1239
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
I've sent it to Makman also that he can Incude it with his WIP UI for U-Boot_HAHD as an alternative addon version to his own excellent RAOBF....
Hello Reaper,
i got the images ...but can't be used as they are...will pm you later for details

Quote:

....When I went to try what I learned in SH3 I found that the MAGUI scope doesn't have a scale thats really useable to use the RAOFB that is implemented into it.Could be I am missing something?Makman is there a chance you could make the straight line cross centered in scope screen to have tick marks?
hello Wolfstriked,

i don't understand what exactly you mean by this ''...the MAGUI scope doesn't have a scale thats really useable to use the RAOFB...'' but the marks that you need for RAOBF are there.
anyway...i will post later this evening a tutorial for MaGui's RAOBF at MaGui's thread . have a look there

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:41 PM   #1240
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Makman,awesome GUI you have made.Really puts you inside the boat.And the superb MAGUI intro screen(Would be puuuuuurfect for HAHAD).

Ok,what I meant is the MAGUI for SH3 has a different and much less useful graph on the scopes compared to SH5.Also,please add this graph to the UZO.Night time surface attacks was a common technique.

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/h...n94/WIDE-3.png

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/...fad15e4c6g.jpg

While I have you here I have a few more finds that could be looked into.The recognition manual is darkened but the ship pics are very bright as in this pic.

http://www.dreibuchstaben.de/ships-manual.JPG

Another tweak is the blackout image when you lower the scopes.It starts too early so that when your on the deck and the observation scope is sticking very far out of its protective enclosure,the image viewing thru the scope is still blocked.Just a small tap of the up scope button and the scopes clear their enclosure.

A clickable stadimeter button.When you click off the scope to then click on the stad in notebook the scope moves from the waves.With a single button you can play with "stabilize view" off.

And last but not least.....plz give us a button for depth under keel.Crash diving....but first clicking on Nav officer and then reports followed by check depth under keel is a bit slower than it should feel.And is there anyway to make the voice sample"yes Sir"when you click ctrl/W for weather.It happens when you go thru the menus but not with the shortcut.Ok thats all,carry on.

Sorry,one more thing....when TDC is off and your moving around the scopes view and then click again to stop moving the scope view the cursor appears over a dial and changes the setting to what its hovering over.If you have the observation scope up it hovers over the stopwatch turning it on.

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 04-28-11 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-28-11, 08:06 PM   #1241
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Makman,awesome GUI you have made.Really puts you inside the boat.And the superb MAGUI intro screen(Would be puuuuuurfect for HAHAD).

Ok,what I meant is the MAGUI for SH3 has a different and much less useful graph on the scopes compared to SH5.Also,please add this graph to the UZO.Night time surface attacks was a common technique.

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/h...n94/WIDE-3.png

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/...fad15e4c6g.jpg
no need for these....look at the tutorial at MaGui's thread and you will understand why (although i am telling you that at the incoming gui for UIIA the marks have the look that you want)
for the uzo: read the Manos Optics document ! have you read it ? in there i have given a formula for getting range through uzo reticles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked
While I have you here I have a few more finds that could be looked into.The recognition manual is darkened but the ship pics are very bright as in this pic.

http://www.dreibuchstaben.de/ships-manual.JPG
it is allready answered at MaGui's thread

Quote:
Another tweak is the blackout image when you lower the scopes.It starts too early so that when your on the deck and the observation scope is sticking very far out of its protective enclosure,the image viewing thru the scope is still blocked.Just a small tap of the up scope button and the scopes clear their enclosure.
don't know how to do this...never noticed anything really annoying there.have in mind that maybe is the supermod you are using responsible for this and not exclusively the gui's files(i am talking without examine first the files)

Quote:
A clickable stadimeter button.When you click off the scope to then click on the stad in notebook the scope moves from the waves.With a single button you can play with "stabilize view" off.
he he he....you remind me a song that was saying something about some ...dreams !

Quote:
And last but not least.....plz give us a button for depth under keel.Crash diving....but first clicking on Nav officer and then reports followed by check depth under keel is a bit slower than it should feel.
i will see about it BUT i am telling you that if it is a big ''headache'' to be done ...i will not do it (the gui is finished and i will have to change a lot of files)

Quote:
And is there anyway to make the voice sample"yes Sir"when you click ctrl/W for weather.It happens when you go thru the menus but not with the shortcut.Ok thats all,carry on.
Don't know how to do this

Quote:
Sorry,one more thing....when TDC is off and your moving around the scopes view and then click again to stop moving the scope view the cursor appears over a dial and changes the setting to what its hovering over.If you have the observation scope up it hovers over the stopwatch turning it on.
this is happening becuase you are not using the resolution that the gui is designed to work with ! you don't even say which version you are talking about (MaGui F or Widescreen MaGui v3.4) and at which resolution but i am telling you this:
MaGui F is designed ONLY for 1024x768 (I DON'T KNOW what side effects you may have if you use it at other resolution than this and probably the 'problem' you describe will be not the only one...)
Widescreen MaGui v3.4 is designed ONLY for 1360x768

ps: for further questions about the guis it will be better (and less confusing) to post your questions at their threads (i still don't know about which version you are talking about)

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 11:31 AM   #1242
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Hi shipmates,

I will upload a lot of stuff today and tomorrow, i completely redone the last 2 video tutorials because i have found a new workflow that is giving us better result in less time.

My first method was way too complicated and would have been a pain to explain correctly because i was using a non standard procedure.

Also i will upload a new video + all the textures class by type and templates to use in your workflow.

And to reaper i didn't forget you with the Fletcher was just not feeling so good this week and i was exhausted even the simplest task seem like a mountain to me.

Major content is coming along nicely the HAHD boat interior will stunned many with it's new animated crew and i was finishing a full torpedo loading sequence animation.

Our sub interior will be the most advanced ever done on SH3 and way better than sh5 a lot of work went on optimization that why it is taking so long be prepared for an immersion factor that will blow your mind away

So let's get back in business with a bang

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 01:34 PM   #1243
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Hi shipmates,

I will upload a lot of stuff today and tomorrow, i completely redone the last 2 video tutorials because i have found a new workflow that is giving us better result in less time.

My first method was way too complicated and would have been a pain to explain correctly because i was using a non standard procedure.

Also i will upload a new video + all the textures class by type and templates to use in your workflow.

And to reaper i didn't forget you with the Fletcher was just not feeling so good this week and i was exhausted even the simplest task seem like a mountain to me.

Major content is coming along nicely the HAHD boat interior will stunned many with it's new animated crew and i was finishing a full torpedo loading sequence animation.

Our sub interior will be the most advanced ever done on SH3 and way better than sh5 a lot of work went on optimization that why it is taking so long be prepared for an immersion factor that will blow your mind away

Best regards Hans
You make me happy Hans.Can you explain what is being modeled?Will it be like SH5 where you can walk the whole length of boat?We fans need pics dude!!

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 04-29-11 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-29-11, 01:43 PM   #1244
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
no need for these....look at the tutorial at MaGui's thread and you will understand why (although i am telling you that at the incoming gui for UIIA the marks have the look that you want)
for the uzo: read the Manos Optics document ! have you read it ? in there i have given a formula for getting range through uzo reticles

Great tutorial.I tried 3 torpedoes and missed all of them because the destroyer sped up.At least I have some reasoning as to how everything works now.

it is allready answered at MaGui's thread

Thanks!

don't know how to do this...never noticed anything really annoying there.have in mind that maybe is the supermod you are using responsible for this and not exclusively the gui's files(i am talking without examine first the files)

NM.

he he he....you remind me a song that was saying something about some ...dreams !

Sad that you must play this fine game with that unchecked.

i will see about it BUT i am telling you that if it is a big ''headache'' to be done ...i will not do it (the gui is finished and i will have to change a lot of files)

I read your post where you stated you were done modding.I do not wanna pressure anyone so if you care to do it or not its your call and I will live on.

this is happening becuase you are not using the resolution that the gui is designed to work with ! you don't even say which version you are talking about (MaGui F or Widescreen MaGui v3.4) and at which resolution but i am telling you this:
MaGui F is designed ONLY for 1024x768 (I DON'T KNOW what side effects you may have if you use it at other resolution than this and probably the 'problem' you describe will be not the only one...)
Widescreen MaGui v3.4 is designed ONLY for 1360x768

I am using the MAGUI F with MEP3 only.Its kinda a hit to graphics dropping from 1600X1200 to 1025X768 but again I will live.Question I have though....if I run higher resolution will I run into issues with targeting?

ps: for further questions about the guis it will be better (and less confusing) to post your questions at their threads (i still don't know about which version you are talking about)

Copy,from now on.

bye
Laters
Old 04-29-11, 02:07 PM   #1245
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Hi shipmates,

Best regards Hans
Glad your feeling better Mate, nothing worse than been confined to the sick bed .
I don't know how you manage the work load you have, are you sure you don't have clones What is Hans 2 and 3 working on

Still will be waiting on the vids with great excitement - love following your previous tutorials - learned so much. (And believe using your methods got a good final UV unwrap).

Also with the break, I've taking the opportunity to work On my SH5 UI Mod so was glad to get some time on that - still got plenty to do there .

reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote