SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-19-19, 07:43 PM   #136
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Assange can rot. He is not a whistle blower, a whistle blower is an insider who has evidence of misconduct and exposes it. They do not conspire to hack into government computer systems to gather and expose current intelligence and methods. If he toed the line and faced the charges brought against him he most likely would be sent to jail. And I'd wager he would be treated better in a federal penitentiary than he is now.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 03:19 AM   #137
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I give a rat's a$$ how or by whom this information was obtained.
It is about what has been brought to light.

"Whistleblowers" now do the job of policemen, they whistle to stop the thief. Something real policemen obviously gave up a long time ago when it comes to protect the constitution. Certain "patriots" obviously prefer to actively and willingly ignore crimes and law-breaking of their governments.

You have created the tools for repression, and now that even western psychopaths like Cummings or Trump begin to abuse them, you willingly shut your eyes?
Assange deserves the Nobel Prize, if just to p"§$% off those undertakers of freedom.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 10:30 AM   #138
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I dont see myself as a repressed person, I have a freedom protected by people who do what is probably a very dirty and dark but neccessary job. I for one appreciate those people. Assange on the otherhand is repressed because he is hiding from the law which he conspired with others to break under the guise of being a martyr, thats his choice not mine. He didnt do me any favors doing what he did. Time for him to face the music

Old 11-20-19, 10:41 AM   #139
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Assange spiled the illusion of many people that their governments are holy knights in shiny armor. But they are as dirty and spiled and corrupt as many other. The German word here would be "Nestbeschmutzer", for which i find no online translation, the closest would be "nest polluter", meaning somebody who spoils the illusion of one's own peer group being better than others or better than it claims. This killing of illusions is something many take queer.

Its also about revealing lying and criminal deeds of own govenrment against is own citizens: their rights, freedoms, liberties, value, ideals.

If its a government, never trust it not even a tiny bit. People in governments never were forced with loaded weapons to serve in that position, but always craved to get into the bosses' seats, and this is best evidence for that they are the wrong people in that office. I do not make a single exception for single govenrment in any Western country of the past 30 years. They all play(ed) foul, all of them.
Old 11-20-19, 11:01 AM   #140
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

What he exposed should not have surprised anyone. But most are too busy with facebook style drama to care anyway. They certainly are not knights in shiney armor. more like shadowy spooks doing what most dont have the stomach for to protect my country.

Old 11-20-19, 11:21 AM   #141
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
What he exposed should not have surprised anyone. But most are too busy with facebook style drama to care anyway. They certainly are not knights in shiney armor. more like shadowy spooks doing what most dont have the stomach for to protect my country.
Don't be so naive to think that your government (pick any country) has stopped investigating it's people to it's fullest extent, in order to get around any new laws that were not in place, they use independent contractors that have no ties to the three letter agencies that live in little rooms that keep moving around to avoid detection.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 11:27 AM   #142
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

naive? my government is investigating me? for what, what did i do wrong?

Old 11-20-19, 11:59 AM   #143
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

They'll let you know when they find out...

<O>
Old 11-20-19, 12:27 PM   #144
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
for what, what did i do wrong?
You are either the basis for or a threat to their claim for power. Both lead mto the same consequence: wanting to control you. At best in ways you are not aware of, and let you believe that you form your decisions yourself, on the basis of "facts". If you think you come tio your opinions all by yourself and then comply with their views, then you will not resist to them or challenge them - thats what they want. That you do not resiost to them. That you play by their rules, fall into their schemes. Names come and go, the game beign played stays the same. Its not abotu the names. its about the game.

Under the surface, on the first hidden layer below, it is not about people obeying laws, but to make laws so that they cannot be lived by without either giving up your self-responsibility - or violating them. An independent or record-free citizen cannot be controlled and blackmailed, if need arises. He needs to have become an offender first, or needs to be a dependent. Than you are theirs.

At the next layer beneath this is social isolation by streamlining language and by that: streamlining thought. The censor gest moved from the outside into people's inside: their own heads. People censor their own thinking and opinion voicing, all by themselves they lean on what is politiclaly correct to think. Violators gets socially sanctionised: witchunting them,deminsiing themm delaring them mentally ill, radical, x-y-z-phobic, irrational. The subject looses social respectability, friends, colleagues, social reassurance, in the end job and career chances. Alexander de Toqueville already described this at his time, I repeatedly quote him on that.

Just under this layer, when all the earlier layers fail to acchieve state control, comes open brutality, police tyranny, torture, arbitrary justice, imprisonment: all the wet dreams of tyranism and dicatorship. Its only needed by dilletatees who cannot master contorl via the lyers above this one: if all other means fail, than it is about going back to brute foirce.
Old 11-20-19, 12:36 PM   #145
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
In a way I agree. What irks me is that so many peoiple want to live in illusions about what the basis of our dfeence against external threats is. We should be adult and honest enough to bear tzhe truth that for defending oruselves against the threats by external powers, we need to make our hands dirty, too.

We also must understand that our pltlical syste,ms are not the bastions of nobleness and grandeur they claim to be, but that they are corrupted from head to toe by selfishness, lobbyism and egoism. There is a treaosn why amongst top managers and politicians perosnality strictres thgat must be more or less described as anti-social and/or psychopathic, are found to be massively overrepresented. The government is not about protecting its people, but to keep them in a state of being submitted and passve and supportive to individual figure'S ideolgoicao,andd selfish demands. The way the system might have been meant by its origonal dersigners back in history, and the way these system present themselves today, are mightyears apart. I see no reason for dilaism and starry-eyed admiration there. The words on old scrolls and documents sound glorious and noble. Their meaningfulness today - that is an entirely different story.
Old 11-20-19, 12:37 PM   #146
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

- "I'm not a crook, so I don't mind the authorities spy on me"

So say a huge percentage or the citizens

Good you are not a crook, then it's no need to have a camera up in a body parts where the lights don't shine or in other words.

No need to spy on everyone on a street just because 1-2 of them are criminal.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 01:52 PM   #147
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Nevertheless it is an extremely dangerous attitude, which has enabled many dictatorships and tyrannies in nations unfolding because people refused to make a stand against their increasing claims for totalitarian powers and controls on the ground of just this assumption: I do nothing wrong, I obey their laws, and so I have nothing to fear.

The point is: laws can be changed. And they get changed according to the needs of those wanting to protect their power and agenda.

Pooiunt alos is: state terror doe sniot care for the quresiton of innoicence and guilt. It terrorises andiomoly chosen victims,. to intimadte them all. Stalin once said to his police leader: "we do not exceute enought people. Arrest more people and execute them." He understood the profound basis of state's power.

And in case somebody wonders: no, it is not nice at all, I fully agree. Power is power, and nothing else.
Old 11-20-19, 03:18 PM   #148
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Good you are not a crook, then it's no need to have a camera up in a body parts where the lights don't shine or in other words.

No need to spy on everyone on a street just because 1-2 of them are criminal.

Markus
Im not gonna live in fear of technology. Its available and I think it ought to be purchased and used. The tech is much more reliable than eye witness accounts. Easier and faster than looking through photographs, line-ups and FD-258's.

IMO technology is not what keeps the herd at bay. In a so called free society I think its the divisive nature of politics, the citizens severe lack of knowledge in foreign and domestic affairs. People in power have nothing to fear from sheep.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-20-19 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-20-19, 03:44 PM   #149
Skybird
Soaring

Its not the technology I am worried of, but its abuse by those in power that allows them to abuse it. Where it can be abused, it will be abused. That is the reason why I may argue on occasions that it would be better a certain technology would not be around. Nuclear bombs were uzsed on just one hisotric opporutnity, and then enver again. With modern computer power and its abuse, this cannot be said. The abuse is the rule.
Old 11-20-19, 03:57 PM   #150
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

well, when the abuse of power begins Im gonna hangout with vienna in his underground prepper bunker.