SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-26-14, 04:13 PM   #256
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Check it over long distance, possibly it looses there with the new ballistics.
Old 09-01-14, 07:29 PM   #257
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

have anyone try the new riffle out yet
Old 09-02-14, 06:09 AM   #258
Skybird
Soaring

The 7mm Magnum Bullpup is well-rendered but by weapon design looks ugly. The shooting sound also is inferior to for example the Anschütz 8x57 or 9.3x62, it sounds ugly as well. reloading sound slike pushing something out of a rubber lock, and then back into it again, or like pulling the cork out of a bottle. It uses all special and red dot scopes as well as the Anschütz scopes, but not the one Blaser. It reloads faster than many other rifles, especially the early default game rifle.

The thing is precise. Very. No need to elevate the sight over long distance to compensate for bullet drop, there is none that is apparent to the player. There is less wobble in the scope than with the heavier anschütz or the Blaser rifles, to reflect the different weight balance of the weapon, and this already at very low skill levels. And when laying flat on the ground and holding breath, it sits like on a tripod.

The projectiles seem to deliver less damage, but more penetration. As a result this thing drops simply everything, at any range, easily. Not necessarily dropping it in place if it is not a heart shot, but the fleeing distances are extremely short. It is ethical for anything bigger than foxes, but not for foxes and birds, rabbits.

This is a highly effective rifle, maybe the most effective in the game. Its just that I do not like it by its looks and sounds. I prefer my Blaser and my two Anschütz.

I think it is almolst to über-powered for the balance scheme of weapons in the game: No bullet drop, maximum stability, maximum penetration, and good trophy integrity nevertheless due to the great penetration but small damage.

I will level it to 100 kills, and then give it up: to score those easy 8 HS points, I am at 591 and want to reach into the Mach 6 range before giving up on this scheme of playing, and focus on big trophy searches in the future. I am just bringing rabbits, foxes and coyotes to the 100 kills mark and then have all species at a minimum of 100kills, taking those points (with some species now marking up to 350 kills). With my main weapons also almost all levelled ans scored to their maximum points, after the next 20 points or so there will be no upscpring for me in reach for a long, long time to come... Just to make it into the 600s...

Last edited by Skybird; 09-02-14 at 06:19 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 01:16 PM   #259
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652

Killing virtual defenseless animal is always better than to kill real defenseless animals. I mean defenseless by, not being able to return fire.

I have yet to meet on of those animal hunter to sign up for the corps and go in Afghanistan hunting humans with their same level of skills and hardware. Because that type of hunt might scare some big great white hunters!
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 01:20 PM   #260
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
Killing virtual defenseless animal is always better than to kill real defenseless animals. I mean defenseless by, not being able to return fire.

I have yet to meet on of those animal hunter to sign up for the corps and go in Afghanistan hunting humans with their same level of skills and hardware. Because that type of hunt might scare some big great white hunters!
Old 09-03-14, 03:29 PM   #261
Skybird
Soaring

Man, you really need to lay back a bit!

Old 09-08-14, 07:22 PM   #262
Skybird
Soaring

Terror in the forest - I'm at Mach 6 !

Its all because of those glasses. They do wonders in making them freezing in place, wanting to stare at me in disbelief!
Old 09-08-14, 11:47 PM   #263
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Old 09-20-14, 02:16 PM   #264
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

hadn't play in a while with the overtime im putting in but did reup for a yearmaybe soon I can spend a day enjoying it
Old 09-20-14, 06:50 PM   #265
Skybird
Soaring

The new reserve in the French Alps and the ibex as new species have been confirmed, first video footage.

Val-des-Bois will feature the ibex, foxes, roe deer, brown bears and red deer. It will also add the need to mountain climb with new equipment like ropes etc in order to reach the ibex' refugium.

Old 09-25-14, 05:02 PM   #266
Skybird
Soaring

With today's game update, the new reserve Val-de-Bois has been released, featuring the alpine reserve, climbing, damage from falling, and the Ibex as new species. They say the Ibex is difficult to hunt, it does not call nor react to callers (so there are none), is very wary, and it often escapes into difficult to reach locations of the map.

They also for the first time ever indicate the size of the now 8 reserves together, setting the mark at approximately 75 km2.

http://news.thehunter.com/status-update-100/

I'll check it out tonight.
Old 09-25-14, 05:26 PM   #267
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well, I've had a incredibly awesome 5hrs hunt with a buddy to check out what quickly became our new favorite reserve, besides Hirschfelden.

First, the bragging:

And now some words.

Ibex difficult to hunt? Not at all, really.
In many places you have a great view and in greater hights (where the Ibex are), you won't find many obstacles. You can easily spot them with your MkI Eyeballs and rifles like the .300 make it a piece of cake to drop em, even at large distances. Side note: do not use the 9.3mm at these ranges, I decided to test the weapons long range capabilities today and was shocked how displaced some shots are compared to the .300 (no doubt the best long range weapon in the game).

They do however notice one quickly and flee. Thanks to the bad AI Expensive World has gifted us, they get stuck often or have difficulties finding a way out and sometimes even return. After a while, they stop running, mostly never leaving line of sight.

They go in groups, mostly and do stop rather often to feed, not like the Reindeer which are constantly walking their eternal march to doom.
Regarding strength, 9 of 11 animals were dropped dead in their tracks, 2 tried to run...for like 5 meters. Calibers used where 6.5mm and 9.3mm.

Overall, I didn't think I'd love them so much, they are fun to hunt!

On Vale des Bois in general...
Awesome map. The view is breath taking for tH possibilities and the map offers everything you can want. Wide and open terrain, soft hills, sharp rocks and mountains, rather thick forests, a river (that is very accessible) and some lakes. In one spot of the map you think you're in the Scottish lowlands, on the other side of the map you can nearly smell the fresh air of the Alps, it is amazing.
The sound athmosphere is, so far, great as well and underestimated in importance by many users I think.
You hear eagles cry while high in the mountains, birds tweet in the forests and the river running smoothly beside you. No annoying grass hoppers or super loud birds, something people often complain about in regard of other maps.

There is a lot more to say about it, especially positive things, but I'm tired and discovering it for yourself is better anyways.

One thing that annoyed me where lots of glitche in the graphical section though. Transparent rocks, flickering and other weird stuff. My buddy experienced some of it too. Also, my buddy got stuck while standing next to a cliff. There was no obstacle or anything that would explain that... map glitch I guess.
I hope they are going to flesh it out sooner or later...

Tl;dr: Great map, Ibex is fun and rewarding to hunt.
Old 09-25-14, 05:55 PM   #268
Skybird
Soaring

With the 9.3, beyond 150m aim one handwidth higher or so, 10-15 cm. It has a noticable bulletdrop compared to the .300. The .300 is more precise, but has slightly less punch at maximum range, some say (I agree), it's real "disadvantage" (not the special edition that cannot be bought) is its ugly looks (its one of the oldest weapons in the game, so a very early design of their artists), and it has no cartridge, needing longer time to reload.

For the ibex at maximum range, the 6.5x55 and 8x52 I would expect to be the weapons of choice, with the 6.5 probably preferred. I mean the ibex is no giant of an animal, isn't it.

Well, I will see. Carrying the 6.5 gives me a nice excuse to carry my .454 as well, for the brown bears.
Old 09-25-14, 08:04 PM   #269
Skybird
Soaring

Beautiful reserve. Some landscape impressions:

Last edited by Skybird; 09-25-14 at 08:15 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-14, 03:57 AM   #270
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
With the 9.3, beyond 150m aim one handwidth higher or so, 10-15 cm. It has a noticable bulletdrop compared to the .300. The .300 is more precise, but has slightly less punch at maximum range, some say (I agree), it's real "disadvantage" (not the special edition that cannot be bought) is its ugly looks (its one of the oldest weapons in the game, so a very early design of their artists), and it has no cartridge, needing longer time to reload.

For the ibex at maximum range, the 6.5x55 and 8x52 I would expect to be the weapons of choice, with the 6.5 probably preferred. I mean the ibex is no giant of an animal, isn't it.

Well, I will see. Carrying the 6.5 gives me a nice excuse to carry my .454 as well, for the brown bears.
The ptoblem with the 9.3mm wasn't even bullet drop, I compensated well for that, the problem was or is overall in-accuracy of this crappy rifle. On all long distance shots I noticed the hits where off horizontally and vertically, which really disappointed me from an authentic point of view... then aagin, at these ranges every rifle in the game should be more or less spot on. "Balance" I guess.

But!

I do prefer the 6.5mm anyways, it really was just a test-run for the 9.3mm yesterday.

You mentioned that the .300 has less power...
While the 9.3mm is surely stronger, I never ever experienced the .300 to underperform or disappoint me, be it accuracy, penetration or power, even on Elk and Bear.

Shot placement > Power.

Still the best LR rifle in the whole game, even after all the expensive toys they threw at us. The looks are OK for me, though I prefer natural/wood materials over this plastic crap any day.
The lack of a magazine is also no real disadvantage in my eyes. I had maybe 5 situations in total where a Fangschuss would have been useful. Then again I had hundreds of situations where this rifle dropped its target on the spot.

Now, if they'd just fix the darn sound of the K98!!!
Drives me so mad. It sounds like the shooter would stand 10m away from you... not as if you would fire it. Kills all the immersion and fun for me.
If they fix that, this rifle easily will be my one and only choice for everything it is permitted for - except Roe maybe... (overkill).