SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-17, 04:04 PM   #1
VindeX77
Nub

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default [BUG] Two mission failed in a row

For the moment i have great moment with this game, but i can't manage to finish the 84 campaign because of bugs, the last ones were quitte hard on my nerve.

First i have the task of bombarding Murmansk (or whatever is the correct name), this was a long mission as i had a plane messing with me the whole time, i successfully send my 8 harpoons, then i have to crawl nearly to the edge of the map, but bored and as i sunk all the ship, i decide to doesnt care about the plane, he is empty of anyload.

So i do make surface to take care of my flood to be able to finish the mission, then the report say i didn't make it, where usually you have your weapon remaining and other information it's just code, like [weapon left] [boat sunk) this kind of stuff.

At this stage i'm pretty angry, but there is better, when i accept my lose, i have my new mission.... go to Mumansk and drop special force... go back to base in red usual stuff you need those guys.

The next screen, as i'm already on site, the game throw my boat in the mission ?? wtf i didn't had the time to move a pixel.

As i don't have the commandos it's a second mission wasted.

Please make the game select another area, if the next mission is a drop something there mission.

Also i would like to point out that there not much room to rearm during the campaign without failing a mission, command should know that you are out of torpedo and ask you to refill from time to time.

Keep up the good work, and make this game better thank you.

This message is a copy/paste from the steam discussion forum, don't mind me not so great English.
VindeX77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 04:07 PM   #2
VindeX77
Nub

Oh another thing, you can when totally sunk not abandon the ship, and just hit continue, you will stick with your under 0% boat, and go back to the shipyard.

Kinda strange
Old 07-03-17, 04:10 PM   #3
Frosty
Nub

Downloads: 5

With missle strike you need TLAM's (land attack Tomahawk), not Harpoons. You need to launch them into the red circle on the map. It's the entry point for the guidance system. After last update once all 8 missles reach that circle the mission is counted as "complete" even if those tomahawks will later crash into the ground (they still have problems with terrain avidance )

2nd one? Bad luck indeed. In fact i hate those seal missions: all the map there and back with only 4 torps? :/
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 04:24 PM   #4
VindeX77
Nub

Yeah excuse me it was Tomahawk, no i didn't do that mistake of taking of bad payload.

And during this campaign i had also to bomb archangel base, but with no bug.
Old 07-04-17, 05:44 AM   #5
Frosty
Nub

Downloads: 5

Are you running 1.04 or 1.05 (beta)?. In 1.05 i have succesfully completed TLAM strike in murmansk - for each missle that reaches the entry point you recieve a message and after the 8th one you recieve "mission complete" message too.

EDIT

Just realised: prior to 1.05 missles had to strike the targes to be counted as succesfull launch. Problem is TLAMs have some problems with terrain avidance and very likely one or more crashed before reaching target. This is why in 1.05 all they need to do to be counted as succesfull launch is to reach the circle instead
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote