SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-20, 09:32 AM   #1786
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Your latest COVID-19 update! (Sound on for best effect )

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...m_medium=web2x
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 09:59 AM   #1787
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Try to get more information about what I heard in the news a few hours ago.
In the news, they said
A lot of fake assistive devices have been produced and been sold to countries like Denmark.

So the criminals have a great time in this crisis.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 10:00 AM   #1788
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 10:03 AM   #1789
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

R0, and why it matters to bring it down by social distancing.

Halving it from its current value for this virus, would reduce the number of new infections over one month by a factor of roughly 22-23.

Old 03-24-20, 10:08 AM   #1790
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
How else would you explain that?

Well,... let's see...

Could it be that I was responding to Catfish's response to another post?,,,:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ What the... and WHY?
I have not heard of exactly such, but other cases of disturbing the health services here.
In the US, nurses have been insulted as "virus spreaders". What is going on in some heads

...and could it be that my response was to the last sentence in Catfish's post?...

Quote:

In the US, nurses have been insulted as "virus spreaders". What is going on in some heads

.and could it be because the only logical conclusion would be a reference to Trump would be addressing not the first sentence in Catfish's response, since it was referring to the UK ambulance incident, and, while the UK has its own problems with nationalist, populist politicians, a reference to Trump makes no sense?...

...and could it be, likewise, the second sentence is Catfish referring to his own locale, where, likewise a reference to Trump makes no sense?...

...and could it be the third, and last, sentence in Catfish's reply makes a specific reference to what he heard about the US, and could it be my response was and is specifically addressing that comment and not the others?...

Simple sense, simple logic. But I do understand that some people have to resort to contorting and convoluting things said in an attempt to make something seem what it is not, particularly when they have no actual cogent argument or response of their own. I wonder where someone would get the idea for such a ruse to deflect from the facts? Maybe:

Quote:

Maybe they're getting their cues from that funny orange person who always jabbering gibberish on TV...

Part Two:

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post

You mean like editing a post and saying "fixed that for you". Very specific, cogent proof or argument isn't it?

Apparently a nerve has been struck...

Its called ironic parody and it has served me well when faced with arguments that scream out for recasting to show their speciousness; its also called a joke...

I note my posts tend to have specific reference provided to support my points with links provided to sources; your responses have, so far, no such support; they are little more than a weak "Sez you". By contrast, I can back up what I'm trying to say and you... well... you just "Sez"...

Nice try at a deflection, but you still haven't made a specific, cogent proof or argument refuting what I've posted; all you've done is try, poorly, to deflect and avoid. You're better than that, I know it...

Meanwhile, Trump's Covid-19 personal "body count" is one, and the tragedy and misery of that poor senior couple is not to be dismissed blithely by Trump , his minions, or the Trumpettes. Loose lips may sink ships, but Trump's loose lips have already cost one life...

,,,and those in this country who do not realize the harm in this time of national crisis and seek to explain away the sheer idiocy of not just Trump, but, also, of the idea of letting speak his foolishness unchallenged are little more than enablers and accessories...

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 10:17 AM   #1791
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
WE made them striong. WE pumped them up.WE called them partners. WE transfered them tehcnology and knowhow. WE raised the economic giant that now tries to crush us.

I am fuming about this since year.

And we allowed some stupid, philantropists and brutal egoist and shortsighted buisnessmen with dollar- and euro-signs in their eyes to set our trian onto these raisl that led to where we are with China. We have build our own fall. We allowed to become more and more vulnerable. Clever we are not, obviously.

China is jo friend, its no partner, but is a ver yudnerhanded riuval, and brutally pushing economic opponent, and cultural anti-thesis to the cultural definition of our own identity, and a future military enemy. And it is a man-eater. Not just this virus, but its own policy has feasted on millions of its own people, and others that it claims its possession.

Who wants such a country as "partner"...? What stupidity has driven our leaders and businesspeople in the past 40 years?
Old 03-24-20, 10:24 AM   #1792
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Putin visiting the Corona virus patients in Moscow hospital for a photo op.

Seems that Moscow specifically is quite well prepared, we are running some social support programs and the like in addition to deploying medical specific stuff.

I am also going to collect my batch of personal protection means on Friday, if you are interested I can try to look into ordering some more, you can contact me if that is the case.
Old 03-24-20, 10:35 AM   #1793
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Doesn't anyone else find this math problematic? What will the numbers be by the end of March another 200,000 perhaps?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ns/ar-BB11z4C6

Quote:
"It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach the first 100,000 cases. Eleven days for the second 100,000 and just four days for the third 100,000,"
This is my third week inside with only one trip to the store (thank you Fedex)
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 10:37 AM   #1794
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
[...] Who wants such a country as "partner"...? What stupidity has driven our leaders and businesspeople in the past 40 years?
Money, and unregulated locust capitalism.
You can buy a good water heater for a hundred and fifty Euros here. A similar item can be bought for 15 Euro in China, including shipping.
Ok, the plastic will probaby smell from plasticiser, and it may be assembled by children or some workers earning 30 cent a minute (like with Apple's iphone made there), and it may only hold for five years but again who cares at those prices. An iPhone costs around 70 dollars producing, from resources to assembling it in China, have you noticed you pay over a thousand bucks here?

Good video posted by Jim.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 10:42 AM   #1795
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
i read this same story , and my first thought was "I hope these people haven't procreated". Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to ingest a chemical solution designed for fish tanks? And on the same note, how partisan do you have to be to blame Trump for it?

Gee, I don't know: How stupid do you have to be to believe a lying sack like Trump about anything, for example, like how he is in any way the best hope for this nation? And my stance is not partisan: I'm an Independent and have always been and I don't really care about either party, but I do care about having competent leadership when it comes to emergencies like Covid-19. The real question si not how stupid are the people who are victimized by people like Trump, but how stupid is it to even let him speak on things of which he has no knowledge and to openly lie about real-life, serious, potentially life-threatening issues. This is a time for the people of the US to be getting accurate, factual, expert information, not the rantings of an idiot who is more concerned about looking bad in the polls than the actual welfare of the people he is supposed to lead and for whom he is expected to lead by example. This whole big, recent push by Trump to very quickly remove the lockdowns: do you think it is really because he is making a fully informed decision in the best interest of the people of the US? Or is it more like likely, given Trump's track record of business decisions and 'past is prologue', that his urgent desire to lift the lockdowns is because his own property holdings, including Mar-A-Lago (where millions and millions of taxpayer dollars have poured in during Trump's presidency) are themselves under lockdown and losing Trump a huge wad of cash? I have little doubt which is the correct answer...

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 10:49 AM   #1796
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Doesn't anyone else find this math problematic? What will the numbers be by the end of March another 200,000 perhaps?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ns/ar-BB11z4C6

This is my third week inside with only one trip to the store (thank you Fedex)

The whole numbers thing is why I posted previously about there being something off about the stats coming out from all the various areas when they are viewed as a whole. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the early number in the pandemic seem off, somehow. I used to get this feeling when I was doing audits; I would often be given accounts others couldn't resolve and I would give them an initial exam and I would just feel there was something amiss other than poor recording/reporting; most of the time I was right...

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 10:50 AM   #1797
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 10:58 AM   #1798
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Well,... let's see...

Could it be that I was responding to Catfish's response to another post?,,,:

...and could it be that my response was to the last sentence in Catfish's post?...
Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Holes drilled in ambulance tyres in Kent, UK:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/...tacked-224229/
Quote:
^ What the... and WHY?
I have not heard of exactly such, but other cases of disturbing the health services here.
Catfish's post is a direct response to Eichhörnchen's post about the ambulances. Is Catfish suggesting that either incidence has anything to do with President Trump. No, but you are.

Quote:
Simple sense, simple logic.
Your logic obviously. Here's more of it. I post this ....

Quote:
Yea .. you know it is kinda funny. The Trump Derangement crowd has a problem. Like most people they want this crisis to pass. And they want it to pass with the least loss of life and the least economic and social disruption. But damn there is no way that they could live with the possibility that President Trump will get even a little credit for seeing America through this. I simply watch in amazement at this conundrum.
...and your logical fact based answer is this? Ironic parody?

Quote:
Yea .. you know it is kinda funny. The Trumpette crowd has a problem. Like most people they want this crisis to pass. And they want it to pass with the least loss of life and the least economic and social disruption. But damn there is no way that they could live with the possibility that President Trump will screw the pooch even worse than he has on other matters in the past, possibly taking lives in the process. I simply watch in amazement at this conundrum.
You can call it ironic parody and a joke but you did not answer the question I posed which was how the TDS crowd could "live with the possibility that President Trump will get even a little credit for seeing America through this". And you still haven't. It was a serious question which you chose to make light of. Do you have an answer?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 11:02 AM   #1799
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Just a suggestion You should move your rants over to the US Politics Thread: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=228628

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna
This whole big, recent push by Trump to very quickly remove the lockdowns: do you think it is really because he is making a fully informed decision in the best interest of the people of the US? Or is it more like likely, given Trump's track record of business decisions and 'past is prologue', that his urgent desire to lift the lockdowns is because his own property holdings, including Mar-A-Lago (where millions and millions of taxpayer dollars have poured in during Trump's presidency) are themselves under lockdown and losing Trump a huge wad of cash?
I have little doubt which is the correct answer...
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 11:24 AM   #1800
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Just a suggestion You should move your rants over to the US Politics Thread: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=228628
And you Sir are correct. I will do it.

And have done so.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by u crank; 03-24-20 at 12:11 PM.
u crank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan