SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-08, 05:55 PM   #91
pkl75
Sailor man

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock
Great news, pkl75.
Looking forward for this and wish you good luck with the merging.
Thanks - now I opened the thread for this.
pkl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 03:53 PM   #92
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166

I would love to get this mod but as of now D/L links from Sergubtos' homepage don't work and the Rapidshare link does not work either. Can somebody, please, post the mod for me again?
Thanks a lot!
Old 08-12-08, 04:41 PM   #93
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Hi Conus

I just checked the Rapidshare link given in my earlier post. It is actually working OK.

If you are one of those who can't ever d/l from Rapidshare, drop me a PM with your Email address and I'll send you a copy. It's a tiny little file.

Cskate
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 01:11 AM   #94
conus00
Grey Wolf

Cheapskate,
thanks for the offer but I managed to finally d/l the file. You would not believe this: Trying to d/l the file using Firefox+DAP I was getting "File not found" message. I have tried to open link in the Explorer and voila it worked!!! Firefox seems to be the culprit.
Unbelievable...!

One more question though: Cameras.dat was also modified by Open Hatch V2 mod. Does anyone know if these two files conflict with each other or in which order they need to be installed? THX!

Last edited by conus00; 08-13-08 at 02:07 AM.
conus00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 03:36 AM   #95
Cheapskate
XO

Conus
Glad you managed to get download Ok in the end. It doesn't really surprise me to hear that the browser was involved. I use plain old unvarnished IE (version 6). Seem to be able to get most of what I need without too much fuss.

There are a couple of areas of conflict with OH_V2. SB Camera causes the camera viewpoint to be brought back to stock 1.4b levels. This is most noticeable in the peri views. There is also some very minor artifacting when in the forward control-room position. Beyond that, I haven't noticed anything. The Camera mod has to be loaded after OH_V2 BTW.
Old 08-13-08, 09:02 AM   #96
conus00
Grey Wolf

Thank you! I will give it a shot.
Old 08-18-08, 09:09 PM   #97
conus00
Grey Wolf

I just have to tell you: this mod rocks! Just a quick question for Sergbuto, though: how hard it would be to have camera freely moveable in the Zentralle? That would make it 100% in my book.
Old 08-19-08, 07:37 AM   #98
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by conus00
...how hard it would be to have camera freely moveable in the Zentralle?
Hit 'Shift + F2'...

Cheers,
SquareSteelBar
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 01:20 PM   #99
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

Great mod, thanks! I did notice a bug, however, that hasnt been mentioned yet. For some reason I cant get into the conning tower by clicking on it fron the CR. Instead, clicking on the conning tower puts me in "free roam" mode in the CR. I cant seem to get into the conning tower anymore, even from the deck.
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 08:12 PM   #100
Cheapskate
XO

What you are experiencing, Brett25, isn't a bug, and you aren't in free-Roam mode in the CT - unless you walked up the ladder while using Shift+F2.

The Camera mod is a variation of free-roam (Shift+F2) and is active on the bridge and in the CT.

The main difference between the two is that free-roam (shift=F2) does not allow interaction between yourself and the crew or equipment. The Camera mod does. When you go into the tower from CR by clicking on the hatch, try to use the scope - you'll be able to. You wouldn't if you were in free roam.

To go from bridge to CT, right click on hatch. To go from CT to CR, you can right or left-click on hatch. Either way, you then leave the Camera mod.

To get around in CR you have to use the Station ShortCuts or use free roam. If you are using free-roam, you will not be able get into CT with a mouse click until you have left free-roam (right click).

Sorry if this all sounds a bit complicated. Actually it is! If Serge's mod operated in the control room as well as everywhere else,getting around downstairs would be a lot simpler and better. This was what Conus00 was saying in post #97.
Old 08-25-08, 10:55 PM   #101
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

hmmm. ok i will try to play around with that, although i tried switching between free raom and non free roam, however i could never get back into the conning tower (but i could go everywhere else).

Another thing has happened since then however, namely, i cant play the sonar guy, and when i go up there, there is no crew in either the sonar station or radio room. there are crew assigned in the management screen. i do play with several mods, so i suppose i will just go through each untill i fins a conflict.
Old 08-26-08, 03:16 AM   #102
Cheapskate
XO

From what you say about the Radio & Sonar crew, I'd almost lay money on you having a problem with an Open Hatch mod install.

If you look in the data\Interior\NSS_Uboat directory, and open any of the sub files, you should see that the NSS_Uboat_RR.dat file is a 0 kb file. If it isn't, you will get the AWOL RR room crew.

What game version are you using (GWX,NYGM,Stock etc)? And which OH mod version?
Old 08-29-08, 02:18 AM   #103
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

cheapskate,

you hit the nail on the head. Indeed it was the open hatch mod, or more specifically, the interior diving angle mod, which interferes with the open hatch component of the game. There are a few versions of IDA mod which address the open hatch, so I will have to play around to figure out what works. OR it may be the IDA and the camera mod are incomatible. It may be possible to figure out a way to get them both to work, because they are each fairly essential mods for those players seeking emmersion as a big reason for playing.

Ive been playing with the steel sharks mod (steel sharks league) but also several other mods as well. Im not sure which open hatch mod i have as Steel Sharks includes this in their build. I also play an GWX install with an open hatch mod among a few others, but havent tested out the camera mod with this particular install config yet. I can send you a screen grab of my JGSME
Old 08-29-08, 01:42 PM   #104
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61

The link does seem not be working. Is there another link to download it, please?
Darkbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-08, 04:11 AM   #105
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61

Just in case someone has the same problem as me, I found this link googling the name of the file,

http://files.filefront.com/SB+camera.../fileinfo.html

I have still to test it but it seems ok.

Greetings
Darkbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote