SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-13, 12:14 PM   #16
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
Wow just wow. On the other hand I think most of us here could write an equally long review on how Pearl Harbour is a chick flick, and not at all factual and how its the worst war movie in the history of war movies.
True, but this woman also wrote a review of a fur coat she *didn't* buy because despite her giving it (or rather it's picture and description) four stars, it still doesn't live up to her rigorous and exacting standards of design, by which I mean it doesn't look like some coat she says Sue Ellen once wore on Dallas. Then she points that it shouldn't be *that* hard to "correct" the design, in which case it would definitely be something she'd consider buying, as though she expects the manufacturer to do that just to please her and get her money. Oh and then she instructs any furriers out there who DO have the kind of coat she wants to contact her.

She also spends several paragraphs complaining that an item she bought is an Audio CD and not a DVD, despite that fact that the item's page clearly says "Format: Audio CD" right underneath the title. Based on the fact that when she's buying "50 DVDs at a time" she can't be bothered to make sure everything that came up in whatever search she did is actually a DVD and not something else. Then goes on to say that this is clearly part of some nefarious plot on the part of Amazon and/or its sellers to trick her and other people into buying things they don't want.

As I said: ignorant, entitled, moron with way too much time on her hands.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 12:24 PM   #17
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
True, but this woman also wrote a review of a fur coat she *didn't* buy because despite her giving it (or rather it's picture and description) four stars, it still doesn't live up to her rigorous and exacting standards of design, by which I mean it doesn't look like some coat she says Sue Ellen once wore on Dallas. Then she points that it shouldn't be *that* hard to "correct" the design, in which case it would definitely be something she'd consider buying, as though she expects the manufacturer to do that just to please her and get her money. Oh and then she instructs any furriers out there who DO have the kind of coat she wants to contact her.

She also spends several paragraphs complaining that an item she bought is an Audio CD and not a DVD, despite that fact that the item's page clearly says "Format: Audio CD" right underneath the title. Based on the fact that when she's buying "50 DVDs at a time" she can't be bothered to make sure everything that came up in whatever search she did is actually a DVD and not something else. Then goes on to say that this is clearly part of some nefarious plot on the part of Amazon and/or its sellers to trick her and other people into buying things they don't want.

As I said: ignorant, entitled, moron with way too much time on her hands.
Indeed I will whole heartedly agree with the fact that she is a moron with too much time. Also having read your previous post that this woman despises the classic black and white films, Lord help us if she happens to stumble upon the early works of Charlie Chaplin!
Old 04-04-13, 12:51 PM   #18
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
Indeed I will whole heartedly agree with the fact that she is a moron with too much time. Also having read your previous post that this woman despises the classic black and white films, Lord help us if she happens to stumble upon the early works of Charlie Chaplin!
"I was born with ears that hear, not with two lumps of flesh on my head that serve no useful purpose.* Since the technology exists I simply cannot understand why the people who own the rights to City Lights have not made use of it by recording and dubbing in the dialogue for this movie.

"Don't they realize how many millions of people would be willing to pay to own a 'classic' like this if it weren't for the fact that watching it in its original form forces them to read title cards explaining what's going on, and pay attention to the facial expressions and body language of the actors? How am I supposed to type out ten paragraph diatribes on my laptop about how I would have bought something if only the manufacturer had been considerate enough to consult me before producing it, if I have to look at the TV to keep track of where the story is going?

"Honestly, the people who make these decisions must be idiots, they are losing millions of dollars they could make from people like me who are far better qualified to decide what they should and shouldn't do with their own intellectual and artistic property. Either that or they are a bunch of dirty filthy scumbags who think they can discriminate against people with ears and get away with it. And Amazon is no doubt getting a sizable kickback for helping them do it by continuing to peddle their substandard low-tech wares on this web site."

*Clearly it's the interior of the head in question that does this.
Old 04-04-13, 01:28 PM   #19
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

^

Hang on, Frau - you're not Midge from Texas are you? That was a little too convincing.

@Steve - that was me, I did correct the timing.
Old 04-04-13, 01:49 PM   #20
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
^

Hang on, Frau - you're not Midge from Texas are you? That was a little too convincing.
If it was that would be the worlds best April Fools Joke ever
Old 04-04-13, 02:21 PM   #21
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quite frankly this woman has too much time on her hands. 146 reviews. A majority nothing short of War and Peace in length. She might find life a bit more enjoyable if she spent less time lambasting movies and cherry soda all day.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 02:42 PM   #22
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
@Steve - that was me, I did correct the timing.
Serious? That's nothing to be embarrassed about. Good job!

[edit] Oh, by "correct the timing" you meant you changed the length. What was if before, 292 minutes? I've seen it officially listed several ways.

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 04-05-13 at 12:43 PM.
Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 02:50 PM   #23
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

No, I had it my head it was a whopping 319 minutes. After half an hour it started to niggle that that didn't seem right. I was right, I was wrong.

How I didn't use any profanity I've no idea!
Old 04-04-13, 05:10 PM   #24
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:

Hang on, Frau - you're not Midge from Texas are you? That was a little too convincing
And I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your forum.
Old 04-05-13, 07:27 AM   #25
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
And I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your forum.
Old 04-05-13, 08:16 AM   #26
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

She's responded with another Skybirdesque* wall of text. And said she'd disabled further comments. She was wrong. Again.

*No offence but they are usually quite war-and-peace-ish.
Old 04-05-13, 08:40 AM   #27
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Well, we can not make her like the movie. Maybe just stating conditions shown in the movie were very similar to reality. Also, she must have some morbid curiosity. She watched the entire movie! The movie moves into bodily fluids in the opening scene were a sailor takes a piss on a car as it is stopped in the road. I would think she would have stopped watching at that point.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 10:34 AM   #28
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Well, we can not make her like the movie. Maybe just stating conditions shown in the movie were very similar to reality. Also, she must have some morbid curiosity. She watched the entire movie! The movie moves into bodily fluids in the opening scene were a sailor takes a piss on a car as it is stopped in the road. I would think she would have stopped watching at that point.
She admits she only leaves a review for very good things, or very bad (in her mind).

Ooh, taking a piss, how inhuman.

I might just make it my while to troll around after all her reviews and trash them.
Old 04-05-13, 11:53 AM   #29
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
I suggest we all respond to her review, and also click 'no - it's not helpful'.
Already done. Even Bernard would criticize her decision.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 01:01 PM   #30
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Midge?

Texas?

Neal

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote