SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-12, 06:26 AM   #616
gambla
Gunner

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Thanks Gambla - this is the info I am looking for.
Can I also send you the new wolfpack attack as a mod for testing and suggestions.
Thanks for asking Trevally,
but you may remember i had to start a new career due to the problems with Weserübung. I'd love to test it, but i'm not happy to mess with my current campaign. Sorry. I'm sure you find a lot of guys for testing here.
Old 02-11-12, 06:43 AM   #617
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambla View Post
Thanks for asking Trevally,
but you may remember i had to start a new career due to the problems with Weserübung. I'd love to test it, but i'm not happy to mess with my current campaign. Sorry. I'm sure you find a lot of guys for testing here.
Thanks Gambla - thats ok

I have been doing a lot of reading about wolfpack attacks.
I have now finished the 3rd type

having played through them all several times - "I" am very happy with the results. Some of these will take 2 - 3 game days to play through.

In fact I have now got the u-boat so that over half the convoy will die if the player can stay with the action.
I also have it set that the players campaign gets rewarded with the whole packs kills. So far each attack is av 50 to 60,000t.
So because of this I have had to set the objectives very high - over 100,000.

I think that if a player is good - they will only need to take part in two out of the three attacks.

For this to happen - the player must go to their patrol area - if they do not, getting that tonnage is going to be hard.

Once at the patrol area - messages and events will take over to ensure everything works. A player can if they want - just get close, sit back and watch the action and still get the credit for taking part.

I still need to play through part 3 a few more times to ensure that nothing can prevent the player from these attacks.

This morning, I am also working on Scapa. There have been a lot of reports that it is too easy. So I have taken steps to fix this.
Testing so far I have been killed by mines 3 times just trying to get in.
So - save game before trying scapa in version 1.7
Old 02-11-12, 07:30 AM   #618
gambla
Gunner

Downloads: 43

Sounds very good ! All these things will the campaign make worth a replay !
Old 02-11-12, 08:18 AM   #619
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Great...Great!!! news, Trevally. i would like to test your missions with MMM ,if you don´t mind.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 09:00 AM   #620
Trevally.
Navy Seal

See here https://rapidshare.com/files/4272806...lack_pit_v3.7z

Install on top of OHIIv1.6full
Start new career
Use silentotto to pick the black pit
when first in bunker - save/load
talk to officer and pick triumph of the wolfpack
(in this test - there is only one patrol area- ensure it shows when you click "request mission")
start patrol
head to patrol area marked.
When you get within 150km of area, you will get a message
follow this and all other messages carefully

Old 02-11-12, 09:02 AM   #621
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Quote:
Thanks Gambla - thats ok

I have been doing a lot of reading about wolfpack attacks.
I have now finished the 3rd type

having played through them all several times - "I" am very happy with the results. Some of these will take 2 - 3 game days to play through.

In fact I have now got the u-boat so that over half the convoy will die if the player can stay with the action.
I also have it set that the players campaign gets rewarded with the whole packs kills. So far each attack is av 50 to 60,000t.
So because of this I have had to set the objectives very high - over 100,000.

I think that if a player is good - they will only need to take part in two out of the three attacks.

For this to happen - the player must go to their patrol area - if they do not, getting that tonnage is going to be hard.

Once at the patrol area - messages and events will take over to ensure everything works. A player can if they want - just get close, sit back and watch the action and still get the credit for taking part.

I still need to play through part 3 a few more times to ensure that nothing can prevent the player from these attacks.

This morning, I am also working on Scapa. There have been a lot of reports that it is too easy. So I have taken steps to fix this.
Testing so far I have been killed by mines 3 times just trying to get in.
So - save game before trying scapa in version 1.7
Great news

mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 09:05 AM   #622
Ablemaster
An able master

Downloads: 121
Uploads: 5

Good stuff, will try this out soon, thanks...
Old 02-11-12, 02:06 PM   #623
Nraduk
Swabbie

Downloads: 61

I am having a serious problem with this mod, but oddly enough, it is only on one of my computers. It hard locks the machine and the screen goes blank after a small amount of time in a mission. Machine doesn't respond to CTRL-ALT-DEL, just a blank screen, no sound. Problem does not occur if Open Horizons II isn't loaded.

Here are the specs on the machine having this issue.

-Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
-AMD Athlon II X3 450 (3.2GHz)
-8 gigs RAM
-AMD 6870 video card (running latest drivers)
-Running sound and video off the 6870 HDMI connector to a receiver for 7.1 home theater surround and video on an LCD panel TV at 1920x1080 60hz

Here are the specs on the machine NOT having the issue.

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
-AMD Phenom 965 (3.4GHz)
-4 gigs RAM
-AMD 5770 in crossfire (1920x1200 60hz)
-Running sound off the motherboard to 5.1 PC speakers

Both have the game installed via Steam. I have verified all files from the base game, ensured that the Open Horizons II v1.6 files are setup properly via JGSME.

I'm now at a loss for what is different between the two setups and wondering if anyone else has reported a similar problem?

It is impossible to get more than 5-10 minutes of play in before the PC locks up requiring a reboot. I have seen references to CTDs (crash to desktop), but that is not what I'm getting.

So far I've only been trying the full version of the mod. I'm going to go off and experiment with the lite and just the base version to see if I get the issue with those also.
Nraduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 02:47 PM   #624
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Hi Nraduk

Sounds like you have a corrupt download - try a new one.

Or wait for v1.7 - I am uploading it now
Old 02-11-12, 03:46 PM   #625
Trevally.
Navy Seal

OH II v1.7 Full
See post one for download

Changes:-

Fixed traffic layer for happytimes, Arctic Convoys and Black May (base only)
Added Baltic Operation to Coastal Waters
Changed dates for objective in the black pit - TotWP=Sept42 to Dec(mid)42 - BS start moved to Dec42
Increased tonnage for obj TotWP to 110,000t
Added Wolfpacks to TheBlackPit TotWP - 3 sets of missions (see wolfpack attacks in the notes below)
Updated Radio messages for updates to black pit
Adjusted mines and nets and added more DDs to Scapa in CoastalWaters
Fixed ships running into piers in Brest (theblackpit only)
Added Uekel's historical buoys - thanks again Uekel for all your help

Campaign Objective - Triumph of the Wolfpack (TotWP)
With version 1.7 and higher, I have added a new type of campaign objective. Now when you play Triumph of the Wolfpack, you will get to take part in actual wolfpacks. This is done using the secondary missions that you get when you request mission in the briefing map as normal. Now for most objectives, this does not matter if you pick these missions or not. With TotWP, they are required.

So to play this campaign objective, click the request button and you will get an orange marker on your map. You then go on patrol as normal - but his time you must sail to these markers. If you meet a convoy while you are heading there and decide to attack it, you should think about re-arming before going to these marker.
If you do decide to re-arm - goto a near by base and select "refit". If you went back to the bunker do not select end patrol. If you do, then you will need to go back to the briefing map and select a new mission. I have only made three of these missions so far and each time you return to port, it uses one up even if you did not go there.

So - when you arrive at the markers a message will be sent to you. These messages can be sent to you by the stock game and so can be read in the captian log button. You can also get them sent by TDWs radio mod. These can be read the normal way and will have a red background (sometimes you may not get one, but will get the other type - I am looking into why this happens). Both these message types will drop your TC to preset number and play a sound. Pay close attention to these messages as you will be told to go to map areas etc. The next stage, when this happens is triggered by you doing the task as in the message. So if you do not check the messages you get - you will not be able to continue the wolfpack attack and be recorded in history as the u-boat that did not show. At some point a message will be sent ordering you and the other boat in the wolfpack to attack. This is always the last order you will be given and you should act on your own data from then on.

Sink em all
Old 02-11-12, 03:51 PM   #626
Maki4444
Sparky

Downloads: 334

Quote:
OH II v1.7 Full

Changes:-

Fixed traffic layer for happytimes, Arctic Convoys and Black May (base only)
Added Baltic Operation to Coastal Waters
Changed dates for objective in the black pit - TotWP=Sept42 to Dec(mid)42 - BS start moved to Dec42
Increased tonnage for obj TotWP to 110,000t
Added Wolfpacks to TheBlackPit TotWP - 3 sets of missions (see wolfpack attacks in the notes below)
Updated Radio messages for updates to black pit
Adjusted mines and nets and added more DDs to Scapa in CoastalWaters
Fixed ships running into piers in Brest (theblackpit only)
Added Uekel's historical buoys - thanks again Uekel for all your help

Campaign Objective - Triumph of the Wolfpack (TotWP)
With version 1.7 and higher, I have added a new type of campaign objective. Now when you play Triumph of the Wolfpack, you will get to take part in actual wolfpacks. This is done using the secondary missions that you get when you request mission in the briefing map as normal. Now for most objectives, this does not matter if you pick these missions or not. With TotWP, they are required.

So to play this campaign objective, click the request button and you will get an orange marker on your map. You then go on patrol as normal - but his time you must sail to these markers. If you meet a convoy while you are heading there and decide to attack it, you should think about re-arming before going to these marker.
If you do decide to re-arm - goto a near by base and select "refit". If you went back to the bunker do not select end patrol. If you do, then you will need to go back to the briefing map and select a new mission. I have only made three of these missions so far and each time you return to port, it uses one up even if you did not go there.

So - when you arrive at the markers a message will be sent to you. These messages can be sent to you by the stock game and so can be read in the captian log button. You can also get them sent by TDWs radio mod. These can be read the normal way and will have a red background (sometimes you may not get one, but will get the other type - I am looking into why this happens). Both these message types will drop your TC to preset number and play a sound. Pay close attention to these messages as you will be told to go to map areas etc. The next stage, when this happens is triggered by you doing the task as in the message. So if you do not check the messages you get - you will not be able to continue the wolfpack attack and be recorded in history as the u-boat that did not show. At some point a message will be sent ordering you and the other boat in the wolfpack to attack. This is always the last order you will be given and you should act on your own data from then on.

Sink em all
I have been witing to start the new campaign just so that I can play with the new version

Downloading now and a BIIIIG THANK YOU!!!!!
Maki4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 03:53 PM   #627
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567
Thank you guys.

Many thanks for the new version.

Regards.

Echolt.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 04:02 PM   #628
Commander Mysenses
Navy Dude

Location: AM98 - Rounding Hartland Point and sneaking up the Bristol Channel
Downloads: 137

Quote:
OH II v1.7 Full
Will there be a OHII v1.7 Base?
Commander Mysenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 05:27 PM   #629
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Congratulations Trevally and many thanks for this. I couldn´t try the mission yet. I´m here trying to solve some problems in MMM-p5 - OHII+mtns+Lifeboats and now new v 1.7. More work for Uekel and myself

Cheers
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 06:08 PM   #630
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki4444 View Post
I have been witing to start the new campaign just so that I can play with the new version

Downloading now and a BIIIIG THANK YOU!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Many thanks for the new version.

Regards.
Echolt.
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Congratulations Trevally and many thanks for this. I couldn´t try the mission yet. I´m here trying to solve some problems in MMM-p5 - OHII+mtns+Lifeboats and now new v 1.7. More work for Uekel and myself
Cheers
There are no new units - so nothing in the sea or roster
Most of the changes in this one is in the missions and UPCdata folder - so that wont effect any mod

@Uekel
In full - changes to the:-
environmental - all campaigns
Playerbases - the black pit (in brest)
Campaign.cfg and tsr- theblackpit and coastal waters
Objective - coastalwaters and blackpit
Port traffic and defense - coastalwaters

@Ruby2000 & Buz.67 (bigbeuzz)
As Uekels list with these:-
09, 10, 11, 12 radio messages in 1942
09, 10 radio messages im 1939

New text for the objevtive Baltic Operation in coastal waters (starts 03)
Moved east coast start date from 03 to 04

Black pit changes
Moved end date of TotWP to 17/12 and added tonnage
Moved start date of BS to 01/12

Also check .tsr files here :-
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Missions\The_Bla ck_Pit_M
BP_TTW_Patrol10
BP_TTW_Patrol11
BP_TTW_Patrol12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Mysenses View Post
Will there be a OHII v1.7 Base?
Just finished and uploaded to post one

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii