SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-20, 10:15 AM   #16
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

In this instance I blame France for most of them.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 11:25 AM   #17
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'd be willing to trade Antifa nut jobs for anyone wishing to flee Hong Kong.
Old 08-10-20, 06:13 PM   #18
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

In reference to some of your points Catfish this is how i see it and im not claiming to be right or wrong here:

The UK spends a lot of money in foreign aid to better countries around the world, unfortunately these countries seem to squander a lot of this money and channel it to off shore accounts thus depriving the people.

Charities like Oxfam and the likes employ a CEO which takes a large salary from the donations, then the rest of the monies ends up in wealth creation funds such as buildings for private rent and other speculative wealth creation, out of all the donations id definatly like to see what actually gets spent on the cause.

So these people are being short changed twice by well wishers.

Secondly il add this: your a 20 year old and your family is happy for you to take all the money they have and give it away to a criminal organisation (thats exactly what they are) and trust them that they wont take off with the money, or sell you into the sex or slavery trade, or thaat they wont abuse you or kill you.

Your going to pay a lot of money for someone to help you get into a country and to risk your life and if it goes wrong theres no come backs your on your own and if you die you die but the criminal is thousands of dollars richer and your family is poorer.

so lets say they get to the UK they try to claim asylem and get refused and deported back to country of origin, what have they spent that money for to go right back to square one, and guess what they just made it harder for themselves to try and return.

Im sorry catfish but you cleaarly have not had to deal with these people nor have you seen them operate in the places like Calais unfortunately i have and the companies ive worked for its cost them so far tens of millions of pounds.

You want to know why there is a drug shortage in the NHS ? yes you can in some ways link it to these people, while assisting a co worker in my former job he relayed to me that in the space of two months he had had 7 loads of pharmacuticals rejected due to these very people breaking into trucks along the corridor (A16) once they are in the load is no longer sterile and it is always re routed to Edmunton incinerator for destruction.

Those 7 loads were easily over the 10 million mark alone, thats without the damage they cause to trucks and trailers and the other economic problems they bring to the table, and also the people of the UK dependant on those drugs arriving on time that now have to wait longer some cases too long. (if your wondering DFDS brings in around 30% of drugs made in the EU to the UK)

these people under the UN charter must present themselves to authorities in the first safe country they can then file for asylem in the UK.

Having been out to calais and other areas theres a shortage of women in the camps these people are not escaping war in a lot of the countries they come from they are just trying to get to the UK in the hope they get a house and some money.

Having lived in the southeast and had these people around it has caused nothing but issues, and granted not all of it their fault at all.

When i came to Canada i had to pass an english test and im a native speaker, now alot of these people cant speak read or write english therefore their employment prospects are next to zero in the UK therefore they cease to be a economic benefit and become a economic hindrence.

Do i blame them for wanting to come to the UK or other western countries for a better life?

NO I DONT all i ask is do it the right way and il support that and even help.

But smashing up trucks, causing harm to drivers (so far 2 have been killed i know of), flouting laws, and engaging in criminal activity

im sorry i cannot support that.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 01:51 AM   #19
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^? Who said i support that?

What i said is that i can understand people who want to have a better future, maybe because other civilised nations have bombed their country into smithereens, or just because of hoping to have a better life somewhere else, economically or whatever. I can understand this and i can't blame the initial idea. Can you?

What i ask is why the english government does not deport illegal immigrants if it has all the means, legally and politically, to do so? And instead blame the EU?
Germany gave the impression that "all are welcome", but this is our problem. Shall we also blame the EU for that?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 05:28 AM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Foreigners wishes must not be our commands. European migration policies are full of contradcitions, softening up of rules, rules get hollowed out by endless exceptions form the rules (or simply breaking them), and worst of all: we still mount incentves over incentives for froegners wanting to come and stay here.We do so in violation of togh words being said on some occasions, becasue then the politicians face the anger of the streets.

The australians did it right. And caught nothing but Flak for that. But thats the way that works: not establishing incentives to get there but bulding deterrances to go there.

Dont want the biggets mas smigration movement of history flushing into Europe? Secure the borders, if needed with military means. Chnage asylum laws. Do not promise free meals and payment for all. Deter instead of inviting. Lock the door instea dof leaving it wide open. And do not make your self vulnerable to blackmailing by a door guard who is openly hostile to your culture now and has an interest in flooding Europe with migrants to destabilise it.

But then the always eternally concerned take over and ruin it once again. Althugh it shoukd be known by now that wantign to think by thy heart never works.

These things can be solved, of course they can be solved. Is just that one does nto want to do what is needed for that. No sweat, no blood, no ffort, please. Let it look like an elegant, effortless waltz instead.

No way this way. Get tough. Stay true to yourself. "Us" is not "them", cultures are not all the same and are not of the same deveopment and value. People are not all the same. We have a natural right to disciminate and to decide whom we let in and who not. And of course we have the right to check what the other cna do for us if we let him in - and to throw him out again if he does not comply with our ways and values and rules and laws. But not even repeated high profiled criinals and caln gansgter we manage to get kicked before our courts.

Weak stupib, indifferent, crelessly wasting our notorioulsy decreasing freedoms and ressources. Thats what we are.
Old 08-12-20, 07:09 AM   #21
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
UK officially in recession for first time in 11 years.

The UK economy suffered its biggest slump on record between April and June as coronavirus lockdown measures pushed the country officially into recession.

The economy shrank 20.4% compared with the first three months of the year.

Household spending plunged as shops were ordered to close, while factory and construction output also fell.

This pushed the UK into its first technical recession - defined as two consecutive quarters of economic decline - since 2009.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53748278
Plenty more of this ahead of us I reckon.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 02:31 PM   #22
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"Us" is not "them", cultures are not all the same and are not of the same deveopment and value. People are not all the same. We have a natural right to disciminate and to decide whom we let in and who not.
Ah, good ol Skybird again. From a member of the superior culture (and race?) I had expected a better thought-out posting. But, you know...

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 03:02 PM   #23
Catfish

Skybird: "Cultures are not of the same development and value"
So it is you to judge.. you obviously never heard of science or ethnology? This is a dumb statement well suited for certain americans and the far right. Why don't you emigrate? Mention Mises and Ayn Rand, they will take you with open arms.
No compliment b.t.w..

Old 08-13-20, 03:31 AM   #24
Catfish

Another immigrant: Deta Hedman.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/darts/53677651