SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-20, 01:06 AM   #1426
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzbasan View Post
Hi Madigan,

I think I understand what you are saying. But to be sure, let me explain what I have now on my PC and what I think you are proposing.

My Current Install of SH3 modded with GWX is in the following folder on my D drive:

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII

If I understand correctly, you are saying leave that install with GWX alone and do the following:

1) Make a folder on my C: drive and label it:

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3

2) Copy all the folders and files from my clean install of SH3 into the LHS3 folder listed above

3) Install LHS3 over the clean install of SH3 located in the LHS3 folder. The result will be LSH3 in:

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3

So my PC will end up with two totally different installs:

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII (containing SH3 modded with GWX)

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3 (containing SH3 modded with LSH3)

Will that work?

Gary
If the GWX install on D:\ works fine, WITHOUT having to have the disk inserted to play it, then what you outlined should then work fine.

I assumed (correctly, it seems... odds were in favor of this being the case..) that you would likely have a 2 hard disk set up in your computer.. as most do.. even including Myself...

I was figuring on your having the clean install set aside on the 2nd hard drive & was attempting to run a copy (or in this case copies) on the main or C: drive.. & the way I outlined, would also work.. as I have 2 copies of it set up that same way. LSH3, being 1 of them..

The main difference being, My copy I have (clean unmodded backup that it is..) was bought & paid for, through Steam, but.. divorced from Steam, using a program to do this, created by a former subsimmer, no longer around on subsim, though...

Sooo... the way you have it outlined, I'm fairly confident, would work.. since having them on 2 separate drives. I assume, hopefully correctly, the back up is on what.. an external drive, perhaps...

M. M.

p.s.

Just make sure to run multish3 with the new fresh install for running LSH3, so as to ensure the save game folder is separate from the GWX one.. of course..
Old 09-10-20, 06:41 AM   #1427
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Downloads: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
If the GWX install on D:\ works fine, WITHOUT having to have the disk inserted to play it, then what you outlined should then work fine.

I assumed (correctly, it seems... odds were in favor of this being the case..) that you would likely have a 2 hard disk set up in your computer.. as most do.. even including Myself...

I was figuring on your having the clean install set aside on the 2nd hard drive & was attempting to run a copy (or in this case copies) on the main or C: drive.. & the way I outlined, would also work.. as I have 2 copies of it set up that same way. LSH3, being 1 of them..

The main difference being, My copy I have (clean unmodded backup that it is..) was bought & paid for, through Steam, but.. divorced from Steam, using a program to do this, created by a former subsimmer, no longer around on subsim, though...

Sooo... the way you have it outlined, I'm fairly confident, would work.. since having them on 2 separate drives. I assume, hopefully correctly, the back up is on what.. an external drive, perhaps...

M. M.

p.s.

Just make sure to run multish3 with the new fresh install for running LSH3, so as to ensure the save game folder is separate from the GWX one.. of course..
Hi Madagan,

Yes, the clean copy of SH3 is backed up on a third drive. So that should be safe. I will give the LSH3 install a try when I get home from work today.

I will keep you posted on the results.

Thanks for all your help!!!
Gary
Ruzbasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 08:04 AM   #1428
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Have you considered trying Multi SH3?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 10:44 AM   #1429
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Have you considered trying Multi SH3?
I did not try multi SH3 because I would have to reinstall GWX3 all over again. It took me the better part of a day to install and get GWX3 running correctly. I did not want to have to go thru that again.
Old 09-10-20, 01:26 PM   #1430
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
I did not try multi SH3 because I would have to reinstall GWX3 all over again. It took me the better part of a day to install and get GWX3 running correctly. I did not want to have to go thru that again.
All MultiSh3 does is allow you to change the name of your career directory in My Documents which would get overwritten by any multiple installs. So basically you can have limitless installs as long as you rename your settings directory different using the program.

This is.. a must do, to keep any & all sh3 game save data separate..

M. M.

Old 09-10-20, 02:11 PM   #1431
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Quote:
All MultiSh3 does is allow you to change the name of your career directory in My Documents which would get overwritten by any multiple installs. So basically you can have limitless installs as long as you rename your settings directory different using the program.

This is.. a must do, to keep any & all sh3 game save data separate..

M. M.

Ok, that calms my fears. I will definitely use MultiSh3 when I install LSH3 tonight.
Old 09-10-20, 03:26 PM   #1432
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Ok, that calms my fears. I will definitely use MultiSh3 when I install LSH3 tonight.
Oopsss...

1 very important piece of info, I just realized, that I missed bringing up..

What I said, is applicable.. where it pertains to using other mega mods... in the case of LSH3, it does that automatically...

It will set you up to do a separate game save... which is recommended to name V15, as I recall... yep... just cross checked that info...

Should have remembered that bit of info, upon reading you were going to redo a SH3 install with adding in LSH3 as the base mega mod for it..

My... error, as it were, in forgetting that tid bit of info, is in the fact, it has been some time since I did the install of it.. an so.. it slipped My older than dirt main hard drive, called a brain... ( work, dang you.. like you're supposed to... ugh..) a thousand apologies for that slip up.. and 5 million lashes with a wet noodle for Me... or keel hauling.. your choice...

M. M.

Old 09-10-20, 06:50 PM   #1433
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Hi Mardigan,

No problem. You have been a massive help in getting me to install LSH3. One last question, is LSH3 version 2015 that is in the download section of the forum the most current version or is their a newer version available for download?

Thanks so much for your help!!!
Gary
Old 09-10-20, 08:51 PM   #1434
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

LSH32015 the most recent, however, LSH32020 should be released soon.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 02:59 PM   #1435
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Default Anti-Aliasing problem

Ok, I installed LSH3 2015 successfully and tested it and it works great!!! The one problem is that I can't seem to get rid of the "jaggies" on my U-Boat and ships in the 3D view.

I used the "Nvidia Control Panel" to make a setting for LSH that forces anti-aliasing and Anisotrophic filtering. Under manage 3D settings I set it for the LSH program with the following settings:

Anisotrophic filtering 16x
Antialiasing Mode- Override any application settings
Antialiasing setting- 4X

But see no changes, still terrible jaggies. Is there a trick to turning on anti-aliasing for LSH3 ???
Old 09-13-20, 05:28 PM   #1436
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

In an effort to get rid of the "jaggies" and pixelated ships (from a distance) while playing LSH3 2015, I would like to increase the game resolution from 1360 x 768 to 1920x1080.

I have activated the "LSH3_GUI_WIDESCREEN" mod using JGME.

But this is in only 1360 x 768 resolution. Still leaving the "jaggies and pixelated ships" problem.

If I directly change the resolution in the d3d9.cfg file to 1920x1080, the GUI looks terrible.

Is the ARB Widescreen 1920x1080 Mod compatible with LSH3 2015?
Old 09-14-20, 01:09 AM   #1437
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
In an effort to get rid of the "jaggies" and pixelated ships (from a distance) while playing LSH3 2015, I would like to increase the game resolution from 1360 x 768 to 1920x1080.

I have activated the "LSH3_GUI_WIDESCREEN" mod using JGME.

But this is in only 1360 x 768 resolution. Still leaving the "jaggies and pixelated ships" problem.

If I directly change the resolution in the d3d9.cfg file to 1920x1080, the GUI looks terrible.

Is the ARB Widescreen 1920x1080 Mod compatible with LSH3 2015?
ARB is compatible, I’ve been using it to raise the resolution in LSH3.
You will just loose LSH3 add-on GUI maps and Infos...
This 1360X768 Original LSH3 GUI resolution is a no go on my PC set up. Full jaggies like no anti aliasing. Hope next LSH3 2020 will have a decent resolution.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 09:00 AM   #1438
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
ARB is compatible, I’ve been using it to raise the resolution in LSH3.
You will just loose LSH3 add-on GUI maps and Infos...
This 1360X768 Original LSH3 GUI resolution is a no go on my PC set up. Full jaggies like no anti aliasing. Hope next LSH3 2020 will have a decent resolution.
Thanks Fifi !!!

That solved it!!!
Old 09-14-20, 04:19 PM   #1439
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Hi Mardigan,

No problem. You have been a massive help in getting me to install LSH3. One last question, is LSH3 version 2015 that is in the download section of the forum the most current version or is their a newer version available for download?

Thanks so much for your help!!!
Gary
Hey

Apologies for not being around for a bit. Had some.. rough seas (bodywise) to deal with & get through.

As is, (at this point in time, as was pointed out already...) yeah LSH3-2015 is the latest version about right now. You got it downloaded, installed & working is good. Also glad to hear the issue with jagged tearing issues are solved for now, as well.

That said, & again, as was already pointed out, there is a newer version of LSH3 on the horizon. last reports on it, was for release sometime near the end of the year.. November, as I recall, maybe December at the latest.

Hopefully, the trials & tribulations with v2015, of it.. will be rectified with the newer version release (one can hope, any way..) & to be frank about it, am looking forward to testing out the new version, upon its release.

Until such time as that occurs, may you have fair winds, smooth seas & plentiful targets in the mean time.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 09-14-20 at 11:35 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 05:38 PM   #1440
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Quote:
Hey

Apologies for not being around for a bit. Had some.. rough seas (bodywise) to deal with & get through.

As is, (at this point in time, as was pointed out already...) yeah LSH3-2015 is the latest version about right now. You got it downloaded, installed & working is good. Also glad to hear the issue with jagged tearing issues are solved for now, as well.

That said, & again, as was already pointed out, there is a newer version of LSH3 on the horizon. last reports on it, was for release sometime near the end of the year.. November, as I recall, maybe December at the latest.

Hopefully, the trials & tribulations with v2015, of it.. will be rectified with the newer version relase (one can hope, any way..) & to be frank about it, am looking forward to testing out the new version, upon its release.

Until such time as that occurs, may you have fair winds, smooth seas & plentiful targets in the mean time.

M. M.

Glad you are feeling better now, Mad Mardigan!!!!

Cheers to that!

CapZap