SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-11-11, 10:01 AM   #46
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
What ClimateZones.tga are you basing on for your mod? I use ACSoft's zones map, because I find it bug free and fairly accurate (taking in consideration not only latitude, but also aerial and oceanic streams). Nevertheless, I've modifies its ClimateZones.cfg in oder to have one Tropical Climate area, for equatorial climate, and two Tropical_A areas (respectively Northern and Southern):

Code:
[Climate Zones]
DefaultClimateZone=0
Color00=PolarClimateNorthern
Color20=Polar_AClimateNorthern
Color40=TemperateClimateNorthern
Color60=Temperate_AClimateNorthern
Color80=Tropical_AClimateNorthern
Color100=TropicalClimateNorthern
Color120=Tropical_AClimateSouthern
Color140=Temperate_AClimateSouthern
Color160=TemperateClimateSouthern
Color180=Polar_AClimateSouthern
Color200=PolarClimateSouthern

[Climate Weather Types]
Color00=Weather_Polar.cfg
Color20=Weather_Polar_A.cfg
Color40=Weather_Temperate.cfg
Color60=Weather_Temperate_A.cfg
Color80=Weather_Tropical_A.cfg
Color100=Weather_Tropical.cfg
Color120=Weather_Tropical_A.cfg
Color140=Weather_Temperate_A.cfg
Color160=Weather_Temperate.cfg
Color180=Weather_Polar_A.cfg
Color200=Weather_Polar.cfg

[Climate Environment Colors]
Color00=EnvColors_Polar.cfg
Color20=EnvColors_Polar_A.cfg
Color40=EnvColors_Temperate.cfg
Color60=EnvColors_Temperate_A.cfg
Color80=EnvColors_Tropical_A.cfg
Color100=EnvColors_Tropical.cfg
Color120=EnvColors_Tropical_A.cfg
Color140=EnvColors_Temperate_A.cfg
Color160=EnvColors_Temperate.cfg
Color180=EnvColors_Polar_A.cfg
Color200=EnvColors_Polar.cfg
given these conditions, the settings for Weather_Tropical.cfg could be:

Code:
[Season 0]
SeasonName=summer
MinWeatherChangeInterval=2    ; [minHours, maxHours], interval in which to trigger a random weather change
MaxWeatherChangeInterval=48    ; [minHours, maxHours], interval in which to trigger a random weather change
MinWindSpeed=1            ;
MaxWindSpeed=15            ;
(stock values for Min and Max weather change interval respectively 5 and 96 h).

As for Tropical_A areas, by checking more carefully the above mentioned ClimateZones.tga I noticed that they extend up and down to hot dry teamperate areas (like South Mediterranean, North Western Africa, Yucatan Peninsula and Gulf of Mexico, South Africa, Southern Australia, etc.). No way the climate of these regions can be considered equatorial, so your normal settings should apply to Weather_Tropical_A.cfg (higher variability during winter and intermediate seasons).
I hope I made myself clear.

That is probably correct... My bad, I didn't think about it. Maybe Stoianm should call his mod real zoo environment, in order to be able to use those pictures as reference...
Still, there are documentarists making crazy things, like filming sharks and hippos by staying inside cages, or with the sole protection of "armoured" wet suits, but indeed we don't know if this is the case.

I've observed several times lions as far as 2-3 meters (!) from my car. They didn't care at all about my presence. This happened inside or close to the boundaries of national parks and game reserves, where they are used to the presence of human beings. Though I am not sure how they would react seeing unprotected humans, but they would most probably attack.
Yes, there are occasional reports of lone, nomad lions, too old to hold their own pride and pushed by starvation to kill cattle and sometimes even persons, because they are easy prays. Once they get used to this kind of behaviour it is difficult to dissuade them from this diet, and normally they have to be shoot down. Nevertheless as I said before, these eveniences are really uncommons, and humans aren't normally considered as prays by them.
Quite surprisingly, in subeqautorial Africa the most dangerous animals are not predators, but big herbivores: the record of attacks against humans is held by far by hippos, followed by elephants and buffaloes. They are irritable animals, and they can easily injure or kill people, especially when they think that their offspring is endangered by them.
I used the same tgs from acsoft because is very stable... the climatezones.cfg i do not use.. will be the one from w_clear .... i will change that to have like a subtemperate zone but i need long test to be sure it is stable ... untill than i will not usw the Temperate_A ... only i will create the color file ... and i will add him later

i will use for tropical weather min 5 and max 48 and for sub tropical weather min 3 and max 12 ... will be a nice combination
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 11:38 AM   #47
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Added:

FOG

Changed fog to have more immersive fog in normal and high versions.... in light and movie versions the fog is not so heavy

I must to rework the clouds and the mod is ready
Old 04-11-11, 01:08 PM   #48
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
I used the same tgs from acsoft because is very stable... the climatezones.cfg i do not use.. will be the one from w_clear .... i will change that to have like a subtemperate zone but i need long test to be sure it is stable ... untill than i will not usw the Temperate_A ... only i will create the color file ... and i will add him later

i will use for tropical weather min 5 and max 48 and for sub tropical weather min 3 and max 12 ... will be a nice combination
Well, I think that if you want to use ACSoft ClimatZones.tga with W_Clear Real Environment you should take in consideration a general rework of the latter.
Reason is ACSoft .tga introduces new climatezones, generally narrower and not equally distributed around latitude compared to vanilla SH5 or real environment climatezones.tga. These changes should be reflected in ClimateZones.cfg. Existing Weather and EnvColors .cfg files should be renamed accordingly, in order to correct the change in latitude due to the two different CliamateZones.tga, and of course new ones should be created.
Not doing so would bring to the following problems (look at the chart for better understanding):

1) missing climate definitions for some areas existing in tga file as separate red values (question marks in the picture). I don't know how the game engine is going to manage them (possible CTD's?)
2) uncorrect climate for some areas. For instance a big part of Northern Atlantic Ocean (around UK) would be treated like a subpolar (polar_A) area, while in reality it got a temperate climate due to the Gulf Stream or Southern Mediterranean would be a tropical area whereas it isn't.
3) abrupt transition between different climate areas, due to the lack of intermediate zones.

In the next image I show the distribution of climate with the use of the same ClimateZones.tga and ClimateZones.cfg from the same mod (ACSoft) with some slight modifiction done by me (see my previous post):

As you can see, Climate Zones are now at their correct place:
- Polar (Northern and Southern) for polar climate. Two seasons;
- Polar_A (Northern and Southern) for subpolar climate around the polar circles and Scandinavian Peninsula;
- Temperate (Northern and Southern) for cold temperate climate (most of Northern Atlantic below the polar circle and North of Iberian Peninsula);
- Temperate_A (Northern and Southern) for middle temperate climate (mostly Atlantic Ocean off Iberian Peninsula and Northern Mediterranean Sea)
- Tropical_A (Northern and Southern) for hot-dry temperate and subtropical climate (Southern Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean between Gulf of Mexico and North Western Africa);
- Tropical Northern (actually not northern, as it lays on both sides of the equator) for equatorial hot wet climate (Atlentic Ocean between Caribbean Islands, Brazil, and Gulf of Guinea).

If you decide to apply these changes, I'm ready to support you with further information or in any other way compatibly with my modest modding skills.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 01:19 PM   #49
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Well, I think that if you want to use ACSoft ClimatZones.tga with W_Clear Real Environment you should take in consideration a general rework of the latter.
Reason is ACSoft .tga introduces new climatezones, generally narrower and not equally distributed around latitude compared to vanilla SH5 or real environment climatezones.tga. These changes should be reflected in ClimateZones.cfg. Existing Weather and EnvColors .cfg files should be renamed accordingly, in order to correct the change in latitude due to the two different CliamateZones.tga, and of course new ones should be created.
Not doing so would bring to the following problems (look at the chart for better understanding):

1) missing climate definitions for some areas existing in tga file as separate red values (question marks in the picture). I don't know how the game engine is going to manage them (possible CTD's?)
2) uncorrect climate for some areas. For instance a big part of Northern Atlantic Ocean (around UK) would be treated like a subpolar (polar_A) area, while in reality it got a temperate climate due to the Gulf Stream or Southern Mediterranean would be a tropical area whereas it isn't.
3) abrupt transition between different climate areas, due to the lack of intermediate zones.

In the next image I show the distribution of climate with the use of the same ClimateZones.tga and ClimateZones.cfg from the same mod (ACSoft) with some slight modifiction done by me (see my previous post):

As you can see, Climate Zones are now at their correct place:
- Polar (Northern and Southern) for polar climate. Two seasons;
- Polar_A (Northern and Southern) for subpolar climate around the polar circles and Scandinavian Peninsula;
- Temperate (Northern and Southern) for cold temperate climate (most of Northern Atlantic below the polar circle and North of Iberian Peninsula);
- Temperate_A (Northern and Southern) for middle temperate climate (mostly Atlantic Ocean off Iberian Peninsula and Northern Mediterranean Sea)
- Tropical_A (Northern and Southern) for hot-dry temperate and subtropical climate (Southern Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean between Gulf of Mexico and North Western Africa);
- Tropical Northern (actually not northern, as it lays on both sides of the equator) for equatorial hot wet climate (Atlentic Ocean between Caribbean Islands, Brazil, and Gulf of Guinea).

If you decide to apply these changes, I'm ready to support you with further information or in any other way compatibly with my modest modding skills.
Good point... i was trying to corelate the transition... i made so manny version that is a very big task to test all by myself... so you are welcome to work a bit with me the climate zone cfg file... this way i try to make the mod very stable... i want to use all the sub climate zones .... the acsoft tga use all the climate and subclimate zones... that means 6 files... and he use only 3 wheater type for the wheater... i will send you the mod and you can start to rework the climatezones.cfg ... to corelate withh all the 6 files envcolors that i use in my mod... the weather type it is up to you... you can leave in climatezones.cfg only 3 files... or if you want you can add alll the 6 files and make a proper transition.. i build for that 6 files for the weather type...
check your PM

After that i will rework the sub climates zones the files with _A for colors and we can have a very unstatic and immersive water and underwater... right now i used only 3 ARGB colors as base... but i can use 6 ARGB colors as base... the things become more and more interesting
Old 04-11-11, 03:45 PM   #50
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

I will use now 6 diferent ARGB base colors for underwater... the new underwater color will change between this in game:

Polar

Sub Polar

Temperate

Sub Temperate

Tropical

Sub Tropical

I hope i can make the mod very stable
Old 04-11-11, 06:33 PM   #51
astradeus
A-ganger

Downloads: 281
Uploads: 0

I notice that you use my work on "climate zones".http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1411954#post1411954
You made ​​a good choice. I added new climate zones it is possible to create new modder climatic environment. If you have any questions, I'm available. good job.
astradeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 06:40 PM   #52
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by astradeus View Post
I notice that you use my work on "climate zones".http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1411954#post1411954
You made ​​a good choice. I added new climate zones it is possible to create new modder climatic environment. If you have any questions, I'm available. good job.
Nope... i did not used your work in the climate zone... it is first time when i see your post... i used only the ACSoft tga and even that one will be reworked by Gap and the the rest of the files are from other old mods of mine combined and reworked... what files you think i used from you? ...but i am happy if you want to help.... what are your sugestions?
The conection between climatezones. tga and the climateszones.cfg was the Gap that explained me how it work in game and he will do this part and he can confirm this also... so to be honest i did not used anny of your files... but you are wolcomed if you want to help

Last edited by stoianm; 04-11-11 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-11-11, 07:07 PM   #53
astradeus
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Nope... i did not used your work in the climate zone... it is first time when i see your post... i used only the ACSoft tga and even that one will be reworked by Gap and the the rest of the files are from other old mods of mine combined and reworked... what files you think i used from you? ...but i am happy if you want to help.... what are your sugestions?

there 's no problem. you can use however you like my work. the important thing is that all players benefit.
And I encourage you to continue your very good job of modding.

Gap understands the usefulness of new climatic zones. His new climatic zones "realists" (temperate_A Southem, tropical_A Southem, Northem temperate_A) offers you the possibility to create new colors and types of climates and oceans that has not n'exitaient the original games SH5.
Old 04-11-11, 07:14 PM   #54
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Gap understands the usefulness of new climatic zones. His new climatic zones "realists" (temperate_A Southem, tropical_A Southem, Northem temperate_A) offers you the possibility to create new colors and types of climates and oceans that has not n'exitaient the original games SH5.
We will rework the tgs because we want to eliminate the posibile CTDs... the colors from envcolors.cfg has nothing to do with the tga file... i can put in envcolors.cfg the water pink or red if i want and the game will have not problems... we rework the tga file to match with the climateszones.cfg files and to not have ctds... also froem there we can split the zones in manny parts and we can create in tropical for example a zone where we can add the winter whetaer to have in that zone more rain in game... the same thing we can do with the temperate zone to eliminate in some part of that zone the fogy days.... but we will ad this in a new version after we will do long test and we be sure that is stable... until then we only make sure that tga is very acurate and match the climatezones.cfg

I just readed your old post... i have a proposition for you... you want to take care for the part with underwater ground... i mean i want to have the botom of the see clear as you made in your mod... the underwater plants, rocks etc... what do you say?
Old 04-11-11, 07:38 PM   #55
astradeus
A-ganger

Quote:
I just readed your old post... i have a proposition for you... you want to take care for the part with underwater ground... i mean i want to have the botom of the see clear as you made in your mod... the underwater plants, rocks etc... what do you say?

Unfortunately, as time passed, I lost all my previous work on the flora and seabed.
I prefer to work independently. if courage and time will allow me, I would resume my work can be.
Old 04-11-11, 07:41 PM   #56
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Unfortunately, as time passed, I lost all my previous work on the flora and seabed.
I prefer to work independently. if courage and time allow me I would look is that I just do.
I can do myself the work if you explain me what files you reworked ... if you can comunicate easy in french i speak french better than english too... check your PM pls

Last edited by stoianm; 04-12-11 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-12-11, 05:52 AM   #57
fredl109
Swabbie

Downloads: 152

Bonjour Stoianm, j'utilise votre mod et pour l'instant je n'ai que du bien a en dire, les changements de couleurs sont spectaculaires et du plus bel effet. Merci pour votre travail et a mon avis nous devrions faire un concours de prises de vues, cela le mérite.
Fred
fredl109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 06:02 AM   #58
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredl109 View Post
Bonjour Stoianm, j'utilise votre mod et pour l'instant je n'ai que du bien a en dire, les changements de couleurs sont spectaculaires et du plus bel effet. Merci pour votre travail et a mon avis nous devrions faire un concours de prises de vues, cela le mérite.
Fred
Bonjour Fred - ce que tu racontes? vous parlez de Atlantic blue water mod?
Old 04-12-11, 09:31 AM   #59
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

reworked the clouds... now in heavy fog night time you can not see anymore the clouds... immersive

the problem that we can see tha stars in heavy fog night time i can not fix it

credit - ddrgn
Old 04-13-11, 06:48 AM   #60
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

SOUNDS

Added an optional sound mod - stoianm ENVSH5 sound collection comp MO and Stormys DAS BOOT sound mod - sober, w_clear, stoianm