SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-11, 08:12 PM   #31
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
i like the idea of shorter weather intevalls very much
...can we get optional versions with even shorter intervalls (i would like to have 3 hours intervalls) ?

...maybe there is also a chance to eleminate a bug after loading a saved game...

Problem:

after loading a savegame, the weather is different regarding fog or visability and or the wave state (hight) isnt loaded / setted correctly but windspeed is. after a weatherchange then, the according wavehight for the current windspeed is rendered correctly.

Possible solution:

changing the weather instandly after loading a savegame using minimal changes like wind from 12 to 11 m/s, but maybe we need also here some special dll / code
nope... we can not fix from there... this bug can be fixed only by tdw from sh5.exe i think... or if is about dll i have not skills for that... i know that hsie fixed that for sh3 but i can not convince him to make something for sh5 (unfortunatelly he do not play sh5)... i can make for you 3 hours intervall.. but as i told you .. you can have the same weather tipe few days in row and only the wind speed change... the random factor from wheater alocation type from game give the same wheater type few times in row... somethime
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 09:19 PM   #32
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
No idea about your question, sorry. Though, I may be wrong but I seem to remember that TheBeast used to live near the Polar Circle, so maybe he can provide some help about the weather conditions/times of day determinig different colors. Nevertheless from the google link I posted before, I think we have 4 or so main shades of blue:

turquoise / tiffany blue / bondi blue (light to dark)

midnight blue / prussian blue

tufts blue / han blue / denim

azure / cobalt blue

Yeye, I got out turning this post into a National Geographic special about polar bear!
Follow this wikipedia link for color reference (if you click on color names you can get their RGB coordinates):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_blue

Ok, we got two different tropical areas (tropical, for equatorial and subequatorial climate and tropical_A, for tropical and subtropical climate, or viceversa, I can't remember now) I think you can keep or decrease slightly the max value of equatorial climate, and lower by a bigger amount the min value (I think the minimum min value is 2 hours; 2-3 hours shall be okay). As for tropical climate, we got four seasons, so you can apply the same changes only to the hot seasons and keep the stock values for the rest of the year. How do you see it?
I think i will leave the weather like blue cold for pollar... is better like this

Now about the weather... yes we have for tropical and for subeq we have type _A... now i use only the summer season for both... the min value of time is 3 hours... i think you are wright... but i need you to be more explicite... i will add all the season for type tropical and subtropical
now... tel me what you think should be better:

tropical:

summer: min max

spring: min max

autumn: min ... max

winter: min ... max

you can use min 3 max 96 hours

sub tropical:

summer: min max

spring: min max

autumn: min ... max

winter: min ... max

you can use min 3 max 96 hours

complete these filds with the numbers that you think will make the weather to react like in the place that you lived
Old 04-10-11, 10:04 PM   #33
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
No idea about your question, sorry. Though, I may be wrong but I seem to remember that TheBeast used to live near the Polar Circle, so maybe he can provide some help about the weather conditions/times of day determinig different colors. Nevertheless from the google link I posted before, I think we have 4 or so main shades of blue:

turquoise / tiffany blue / bondi blue (light to dark)

midnight blue / prussian blue

tufts blue / han blue / denim

azure / cobalt blue

Yeye, I got out turning this post into a National Geographic special about polar bear!
Follow this wikipedia link for color reference (if you click on color names you can get their RGB coordinates):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_blue

Ok, we got two different tropical areas (tropical, for equatorial and subequatorial climate and tropical_A, for tropical and subtropical climate, or viceversa, I can't remember now) I think you can keep or decrease slightly the max value of equatorial climate, and lower by a bigger amount the min value (I think the minimum min value is 2 hours; 2-3 hours shall be okay). As for tropical climate, we got four seasons, so you can apply the same changes only to the hot seasons and keep the stock values for the rest of the year. How do you see it?
Yes, I lived in Alaska for 15 years but I spent most of my time in the Mountain Wilderness area of my families Homestead at the base of Mt. Illiamna.

I think these pictures are from the Zoo enclosure.

Seeing that the Polar Bear is the only animal that actively hunts humans. I really don't think any diver would be dumb enough to get in to the water with one and become a Polar Bear Snack in rubber wrapping.
Yes there are many animals that will eat humans but most are oppertunistic when it comes to eating humans but a Polar Bear will track you down if it finds your scent. If you walk up to a lion, it will most likely eat you. If you keep a long distance away they will watch you but not attack but I have read recently that some lion's in Africa have begun hunting humans because so many people have been escaping other dangers and they have nothing for protection. The Lions have learned they are easy prey.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 04-10-11 at 10:15 PM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 12:15 AM   #34
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Added weather in the mod:

WEATHER

The weather random factor interval time change is decreased to have less fog days in game and to make the weather unstatic

Always hated having the same weather for what seemed like weeks. Didn't seem realistic at all .

Thanks for fixing this.

Looking forward to the release.

Old 04-11-11, 04:40 AM   #35
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

new addition:

TEXTURES

Reworked the sea bird texture to be more realistic sea birds
Real trees -this makes the trees to look more real - sober
Water droplets and streaks - reduced the size of the water droplets and streaks on screen - sober
water impurity - diferent impurity to make underwater more immersive - Ailantd
Old 04-11-11, 04:59 AM   #36
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

new addition:

SOUNDS

adds some life to the conning crew by giving them some whispering conversation in german - sober
Old 04-11-11, 05:19 AM   #37
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Thank you Stoianm
Old 04-11-11, 05:43 AM   #38
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

A large mod is seeing the day ...Very good Stoianm
A big thank you to AilantD, Sober, Trevally and Stoianm

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 08:07 AM   #39
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

and where you can download it?
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 08:08 AM   #40
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaKA001 View Post
and where you can download it?
it is still WIP
Old 04-11-11, 08:17 AM   #41
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
it is still WIP
realized thanks
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 08:24 AM   #42
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

new addition:

SUBMARINE

Adds a nice addition - heavy weather deck spray over the conning tower - sober

No FPS killer - the FPS are the same
Old 04-11-11, 08:30 AM   #43
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
new addition:

SUBMARINE

Adds a nice addition - heavy weather deck spray over the conning tower - sober

No FPS killer - the FPS are the same
...better and better...
Old 04-11-11, 09:33 AM   #44
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

new additions:

SKY

Added a partial fix for the sky banding problem - sober

WAVES

Added a nice fix that enhances the waves in SH5 to be more realistic - sober

CLIMAT ZONES

Added ClimateZones from ACSoft to eliminate posibile CTDs - ACSoft
Old 04-11-11, 09:41 AM   #45
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Now about the weather... yes we have for tropical and for subeq we have type _A... now i use only the summer season for both... the min value of time is 3 hours... i think you are wright... but i need you to be more explicite... i will add all the season for type tropical and subtropical
now... tel me what you think should be better
What ClimateZones.tga are you basing on for your mod? I use ACSoft's zones map, because I find it bug free and fairly accurate (taking in consideration not only latitude, but also aerial and oceanic streams). Nevertheless, I've modifies its ClimateZones.cfg in oder to have one Tropical Climate area, for equatorial climate, and two Tropical_A areas (respectively Northern and Southern):

Code:
[Climate Zones]
DefaultClimateZone=0
Color00=PolarClimateNorthern
Color20=Polar_AClimateNorthern
Color40=TemperateClimateNorthern
Color60=Temperate_AClimateNorthern
Color80=Tropical_AClimateNorthern
Color100=TropicalClimateNorthern
Color120=Tropical_AClimateSouthern
Color140=Temperate_AClimateSouthern
Color160=TemperateClimateSouthern
Color180=Polar_AClimateSouthern
Color200=PolarClimateSouthern

[Climate Weather Types]
Color00=Weather_Polar.cfg
Color20=Weather_Polar_A.cfg
Color40=Weather_Temperate.cfg
Color60=Weather_Temperate_A.cfg
Color80=Weather_Tropical_A.cfg
Color100=Weather_Tropical.cfg
Color120=Weather_Tropical_A.cfg
Color140=Weather_Temperate_A.cfg
Color160=Weather_Temperate.cfg
Color180=Weather_Polar_A.cfg
Color200=Weather_Polar.cfg

[Climate Environment Colors]
Color00=EnvColors_Polar.cfg
Color20=EnvColors_Polar_A.cfg
Color40=EnvColors_Temperate.cfg
Color60=EnvColors_Temperate_A.cfg
Color80=EnvColors_Tropical_A.cfg
Color100=EnvColors_Tropical.cfg
Color120=EnvColors_Tropical_A.cfg
Color140=EnvColors_Temperate_A.cfg
Color160=EnvColors_Temperate.cfg
Color180=EnvColors_Polar_A.cfg
Color200=EnvColors_Polar.cfg
given these conditions, the settings for Weather_Tropical.cfg could be:

Code:
[Season 0]
SeasonName=summer
MinWeatherChangeInterval=2	; [minHours, maxHours], interval in which to trigger a random weather change
MaxWeatherChangeInterval=48	; [minHours, maxHours], interval in which to trigger a random weather change
MinWindSpeed=1			;
MaxWindSpeed=15			;
(stock values for Min and Max weather change interval respectively 5 and 96 h).

As for Tropical_A areas, by checking more carefully the above mentioned ClimateZones.tga I noticed that they extend up and down to hot dry teamperate areas (like South Mediterranean, North Western Africa, Yucatan Peninsula and Gulf of Mexico, South Africa, Southern Australia, etc.). No way the climate of these regions can be considered equatorial, so your normal settings should apply to Weather_Tropical_A.cfg (higher variability during winter and intermediate seasons).
I hope I made myself clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I think these pictures are from the Zoo enclosure. Seeing that the Polar Bear is the only animal that actively hunts humans. I really don't think any diver would be dumb enough to get in to the water with one and become a Polar Bear Snack in rubber wrapping.Yes there are many animals that will eat humans but most are oppertunistic when it comes to eating humans but a Polar Bear will track you down if it finds your scent.
That is probably correct... My bad, I didn't think about it. Maybe Stoianm should call his mod real zoo environment, in order to be able to use those pictures as reference...
Still, there are documentarists making crazy things, like filming sharks and hippos by staying inside cages, or with the sole protection of "armoured" wet suits, but indeed we don't know if this is the case.

Quote:
If you walk up to a lion, it will most likely eat you. If you keep a long distance away they will watch you but not attack but I have read recently that some lion's in Africa have begun hunting humans because so many people have been escaping other dangers and they have nothing for protection. The Lions have learned they are easy prey.
I've observed several times lions as far as 2-3 meters (!) from my car. They didn't care at all about my presence. This happened inside or close to the boundaries of national parks and game reserves, where they are used to the presence of human beings. Though I am not sure how they would react seeing unprotected humans, but they would most probably attack.
Yes, there are occasional reports of lone, nomad lions, too old to hold their own pride and pushed by starvation to kill cattle and sometimes even persons, because they are easy prays. Once they get used to this kind of behaviour it is difficult to dissuade them from this diet, and normally they have to be shoot down. Nevertheless as I said before, these eveniences are really uncommons, and humans aren't normally considered as prays by them.
Quite surprisingly, in subeqautorial Africa the most dangerous animals are not predators, but big herbivores: the record of attacks against humans is held by far by hippos, followed by elephants and buffaloes. They are irritable animals, and they can easily injure or kill people, especially when they think that their offspring is endangered by them.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote