SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-11, 10:04 AM   #646
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2000 View Post
Yes I see the book on the left side, i can move the book in the middle, but i canīt open the book with click.

No, but i can check this. Where can i find the setting?

Pls. can you check my PM to you. I have a question to you.
So you click the cover and nothing happens

The setting is in the options file.

The mod's text has already been converted to German. There is a folder contained in patch 2 that says Text. In it you'll find the menu.txt files for all the languages supported. Is that what you meant by converting the mod to German?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 10:05 AM   #647
Ruby2000
Engineer

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyustrator View Post
Ruby2000,You can transfer me these Files or this information on all ships!?
Hi Illyustrator,

link for the rec-manual as pdf-file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hng2zh5kndk7uu9
Ruby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 10:23 AM   #648
Ruby2000
Engineer

Hi TDW,

Quote:
So you click the cover and nothing happens
Yes!

Quote:
The setting is in the options file.
I check this in the evening

Quote:
The mod's text has already been converted to German. There is a folder contained in patch 2 that says Text.
The german upclocalization.tsr and dialogs.tsr is missing and the audio-files are not in german.
Old 01-17-11, 10:29 AM   #649
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

SOAN not being able to open is a sign of a more serious problem then. Have you tried enabling script debugging and modding so that dialog boxes can show errors that occur
Old 01-17-11, 10:31 AM   #650
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Hi Illyustrator,
link for the rec-manual as pdf-file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hng2zh5kndk7uu9
I thank,Ruby2000! I see, that it is your work.
And why do not adhere to originals!?
If to adhere to History probably it should look so (Approximately). Personally I want it. Time will come, I hope, and someone will make it. It can there will be you!?

Illyustrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 10:47 AM   #651
Ruby2000
Engineer

@TDW
Quote:
Have you tried enabling script debugging and modding so that dialog boxes can show errors that occur
No, how

Here is the link to the german Mganum Opus
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...309#5131074309

Oh, what is with the radio-messages? Can I create a data\RadioMessages\german\1939\... with german messages.

Where do I set the path up?

@Illyustrator
Quote:
And why do not adhere to originals!?
That is a good question? OK we decided, we made the manuel with the ingame-picture and values.
Old 01-17-11, 11:09 AM   #652
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 1

Quote:
@Illyustrator
That is a good question? OK we decided, we made the manuel with the ingame-picture and values.
In your archive there are such copies of images on all ships?
Illyustrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 11:32 AM   #653
Ruby2000
Engineer

Quote:
In your archive there are such copies of images on all ships?
Yes!

Old 01-17-11, 01:00 PM   #654
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
@TDW
No, how

Here is the link to the german Mganum Opus
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...309#5131074309

Oh, what is with the radio-messages? Can I create a data\RadioMessages\german\1939\... with german messages.

Where do I set the path up?
you edit your \documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg file to enable script debugging and modding

Yes you can create a german folder for the radio messages. You'll have to translate all the radio messages to German though (> 11,000 radio messages ) or make your own If you make your own they have to follow the format I have laid out in the files.

To enable the german version of the radio messages you'll need to edit the options file and set the option to the name of the folder you create for the language. i.e. you make a German folder then the option needs to be set to "German"
Old 01-17-11, 01:26 PM   #655
Ruby2000
Engineer

Hi tdw,

the rec-manual is running on my notebook . I will check my Game-Computer the next days (Iīm not at home the next days).

Quote:
Yes you can create a german folder for the radio messages. You'll have to translate all the radio messages to German though (> 11,000 radio messages ) or make your own If you make your own they have to follow the format I have laid out in the files.
I have own messages and i wants to translate some messages from you. The structure should not be a problem.

Thanks a lot for your information

regards Ruby
Old 01-18-11, 02:17 AM   #656
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJMaybe View Post
Thanks for the help there, Silent Steel. I figured I'd made an error editing because I migrated the original .py file back into the mod and it was working again. But I hadn't thought about if I had put an extra space in somewhere or how the file had been saved after I edited it so I'll try again and watch out for that.

Another question: I noticed that some of the keys have functions that are not shown on the F1 help screen. E.g. 'z' seems to toggle silent running but F1 shows it is not in use. Is this a bug or are there hotkeys in the mod different from the stock game?

Good morning mate
I'm glad if I can make your life as a gamer at least a little bit better.

Those errors we sometimes do when editing the .py files can easily be found and monitored with Winmerge. Give it a try and download it here http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmerge/
Use it for detection only and make your corrections in the .py file!

What you're telling about the stock F1 "help" is too correct... It's not a bug but a sad thing
To answer your other question on Hotkeys -
No - in the stock game I haven't found any hotkeys
Yes - in TDW's Multiple Us and MO mods you can (in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py) find possibilities to tweak some hotkeys as well.
These are from start not active but you can decide yourself to plus even pick the key you want to use for each one

I got fed up with the, in my opinion, illogical stock keyboard layout missing command keys so i downloaded the "Church's SHV 1.1 Keyboard Commands" mod.
It offers a far better layout with more of the available commands visible. I don't know why the standard F1 layout "hides"some commands but with this you find them.
Download it here http://www.filefront.com/15757613/Church%27s%20SHV%201.01%20Keyboard%20Commands%20v1 .1.7z

Feel free to get back with further questions if you like.

Go hunt them down!

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 02:37 AM   #657
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
SOAN not being able to open is a sign of a more serious problem then. Have you tried enabling script debugging and modding so that dialog boxes can show errors that occur
Hi TDW

Some time ago you asked me to enable the debugging feature and so I did.
I'm sorry to say I forgot to tell you but what's good is that this resulted in no error messages.
The other day I did some changes to my .py file and was stunned after re-activating my mods and found that all dials were gone...
So I started my quest to find the evil one and came up with the "Enhanced Ship Recon Manual V1.02".
It simply stole all my dials and even made my settings for the XO to go south. He showed up despite I don't want to see him until I lock on a target plus he wasn't draggable...
I didn't get any error messages when activating it in JSGME.
So I got rid of it and all is back to normal

//

Last edited by Silent Steel; 01-18-11 at 03:52 AM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 11:54 AM   #658
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
working on patch 3. Here's what patch 3 entails so far:

v0.0.4 - fixed bug of when essential controls scroll is enabled (True) and UIStyle is SH3Style or SH4Style the dials would remain visible until mousing into them when changing to another station, external cam, or another page
- fixed save/load bug of the ingame ship's journal
- updated Ship's Journal Editor application with changes from above
- added error handling code to attack,obs, and UZO scopes to catch possible error when calculating estimated torpedo impact time
- (SH5Enhanced style) fixed bug of tooltip missing in heading bar until user cycled heading bar from closed to expanded
- added a new user option that controls whether ship's radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformShipsRadioMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether sub sighted radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformSubSightedMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether BDU messages to your sub are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformBDUMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether unit destroyed radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformDestroyedMessages)
- added a new options box to the radio messages so that users can choose what type of radio messages they want to receive during their game
- radio messages of priority 0 that are to the player's sub are now colored medium red in their background when added to the radio message box
- added a new user option that defines the % chance that the radio operator will intercept radio messages. Default value is 50 (50%) (RadioMessagesInterceptChance)

I dont think this is nor nearly enough. (at least not for me)
* I get ctd when starting new career skipping the turorial before entering the bunker(so i cant save and restart the game)
* i tried doing the turorial to see if i cant get in the game that way. I could do the turorial but never got as far as heading to base because of ctd,s and tons of bugs
* in the tutorial i got the loading screen background turn white , obs scope , uzo and crew,s bino,s dissapear and appear , screen turns black sometimes and returns to normal a couple of times , the surface of the underwater view is disstorted and had a big " hole " in the ocean whan looking up from underwater , english voices mixed with german voices (i play with german voices) , ctd when setting up solution with crew dialog . all in all classic examples of mod soup and is even more unstable then when i had custom mods.
I installed correcly while in port. I do appreaciate this mod and for some it might work but for me personally this is far from working for me. I know its still a beta but there is much to be done before it is stable. I guess ill just have to wait for the next patch.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 01:26 PM   #659
marleymen
Planesman

Downloads: 123

Maybe itīs not stable for you, but for me it works flaulessly.

There are some bugs that the game itself ( itīs hardcode) has.
That canīt be repaired by TDW (or yes, nothing is impossible for him). A lot of Hexeditor and assembler maybe will.

But donīt come here to blame the mod. If you know it has problems go PM TDW and give your feedback. No need to put stones in the path.
(my opinion)
marleymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 01:48 PM   #660
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

In Magnum_Opus_Patch_2 there is a folder MOBS with Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read) and Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1.

What must i do with the folder MOBS in Magnum_Opus_Patch_2?