SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-11, 08:37 PM   #586
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

the first error is why you get the rest of them. Search for that error in the options file and you'll fix the problems. Did you edit the options file?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 08:38 PM   #587
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empier View Post
Is it possible to reduce the number of cables wich are reporting the spotting of a periscope.
With an timecompression over 512X i'm getting a cable every 2 seconds and they arrive faster than i can delete them.

Greetings

Empier
I'm updating the radio message feature with checkboxes that allow you to select which messages you want to receive. You are the captain after all and you decide what's important or not
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 08:48 PM   #588
PJMaybe
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Apart from the oil slicks sticking up, the Magnum Opus seems to be working really well for me, thanks

A couple of questions: is there any way to select the depth you want to dive to on the default UI, I can only see the guage telling what depth you are at but no way to select a specific depth.

Also, is the file in there that can be edited to create hot keys for teleportation etc? And if so, which one is it pls?

Thanks for all your work on this, it's made the whole experience much more enjoyable!
PJMaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 08:58 PM   #589
Montesky
Swabbie

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
the first error is why you get the rest of them. Search for that error in the options file and you'll fix the problems. Did you edit the options file?
Not ! i only enable the SH3Style how instrunctions say, editing the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file

i use "Texpad" for edit this... maybe a fault ¿? will be use standar notepad ?
Montesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 09:07 PM   #590
PJMaybe
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJMaybe View Post
is there any way to select the depth you want to dive to on the default UI, I can only see the guage telling what depth you are at but no way to select a specific depth.
Forget that one... I've just found the tutorials

Last edited by PJMaybe; 01-14-11 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-14-11, 09:21 PM   #591
Montesky
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montesky View Post
Various errors when apply the "SH3Style" !!

I get some errors at starting the game, applyed the Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 after edit the "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" enabling the SH3Style

Code:
# the current UI Style
# set below to either SH3Style, SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH3Style
i don´t use another enabled MOD...
Any idea ?

FIXED !!!

surely any bad traslation when the edited file was saved with Texpad... reintalling the MOD, and edited them with standar "notepad" and game run without problem...

Thank TheDarkWraith !!!

now i can continue testing this great mod
Old 01-14-11, 09:28 PM   #592
PJMaybe
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montesky View Post
FIXED !!!

surely any bad traslation when the edited file was saved with Texpad... reintalling the MOD, and edited them with standar "notepad" and game run without problem...

Thank TheDarkWraith !!!

now i can continue testing this great mod
Can you tell me location for this file with the code for selecting UI is please?
Old 01-14-11, 10:31 PM   #593
Montesky
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJMaybe View Post
Can you tell me location for this file with the code for selecting UI is please?
Code:
C:.... /MODS/Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1/data/Scripts/Menu/
here search the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file, open this with notepad...

Code:
#+++++++++++++ UI Style ++++++++++++++
# Possible UI Styles:
SH5Enhanced = 0
SH3Style = 1
SH4Style = 2

# the current UI Style
# set below to either SH3Style, SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH3Style
Changue the bold text for the UI style you want
Old 01-15-11, 12:46 AM   #594
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
As a last bid i looked in C/Ubisoft/SH5/data/scrips/menu/optionsfile and altered there...bingo, all changes are in-game!

The only problem is when i install the next patch if there is one, i might have to go through all the changes (of which there are now many) again.

Hi again Poacher
When you upgrade from one version of the Magnum Opus or NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith to a later one (or from one patch to a later version) you should use the Migration Tool which you find in the Magnum Opus\data\Applications folder.
A quite straightforward and simple tool!
The reason to why you "lose" your previous settings is that even the patch has a new TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and when you acivate the patch in JSGME the patch's new one overwrites the old one (i.e. with the settings you already have done) if you don't use the Migration Tool.
( Another useful software I've found handy is WinMerge. With this you can edit two files simultaneously, e.g. two versions of the UserOptionsfile. It even highlights differences between the two files. You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmerge/ )

I don't get what you are saying about your C/Ubisoft/SH5/data/scripts/menu/optionsfile. I have no such file...
AFAIK the file (where you make your settings for the Mod) is the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py which is to be found in C:\Ubisoft\SH5\MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0.0.1\data\Scrips \Menu folder.
Could you please tell:
1. How you activate your mods?
2. What's the structure of the mods you use?

The structure of all mods must be:

"Mod's name"\data\

// Cheers
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 12:56 AM   #595
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Sinbad View Post
where is the link to patch 1?
You don't need patch 1, just patch 2

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 01:53 AM   #596
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Hi TDW
Just a few ideas, resulting from the test and TDC training missions I've played so far.

- Maybe you could implement some sort of delay or even randomness in the way ships spot the Uboat, because now, as soon as I raise the scope above water, every ship instantly reports 'periscope sighted.' This is uber, I think.

- As you're updating the radio message feature with checkboxes that allow selecting the messages to be received, maybe you could implement a random factor for you to receive the report. Say, a ship issues the 'Uboat sighted' report, but the radioman only has a - let's say - 15% chance to intercept it, based on his skill, if feasible.

- Most ships I torpedo blow up into a fireball instantly, at the first torpedo hit, and sink within 1 minute. Based on what I've read, this behavior was rather an exception than a norm. I don't know what should be done to make it more realistic, but perhaps toning down torpedoes would do the trick, allowing a certain random factor, or it's related to the ship cargo...

I repeat, this is just what I noticed after playing the test missions, so I wouldn't know if things go differently in campaign.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 04:08 AM   #597
PJMaybe
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Most ships I torpedo blow up into a fireball instantly, at the first torpedo hit, and sink within 1 minute. Based on what I've read, this behavior was rather an exception than a norm. I don't know what should be done to make it more realistic, but perhaps toning down torpedoes would do the trick, allowing a certain random factor, or it's related to the ship cargo...
I think the critical hits mod addressed this in some way, made the hits made by torpedoes and deck guns slightly more random in the amount of damage they did. Maybe it could be implemented into Magnum Opus? Or just activate it alongside the mega mod.
Old 01-15-11, 04:53 AM   #598
Empier
Swabbie

Downloads: 42

I don't know if it's possible, it's just an idea, but how would it be to receive The cables from the BDU with an ENIGMA-encrytion so you can decryt it with an ENIGMA-emulator like this one:

http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/enigmasim.htm

Also you can implement a Codebook in the kinde of rec-book with the correct key for the enigma for ervery week or month of the mission.
I know it would be a lot of math-work but i think it's quite a cool thought.

Greetings Empier

Edit:
Here is a link for the codebook maker:
http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/codebook.htm

Maybe you can run the Enigma emulator on an Notebook next to you. That would be real Kaleun-feeling.^^

Last edited by Empier; 01-15-11 at 05:38 AM.
Empier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 12:24 PM   #599
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm updating the radio message feature with checkboxes that allow you to select which messages you want to receive. You are the captain after all and you decide what's important or not
Looking eagerly forward to this much needed update - those seemingly irrelevant sub sighting messages from all over the seven seas are driving my U-Boot's complete crew nuts.
No offence, though, apart from that I love it!
Old 01-15-11, 02:17 PM   #600
Hans Schultz
Sparky

Downloads: 5

Looks like a fantastic mod! keep up the good work.
Hans Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote