Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-21, 12:18 PM   #211
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
"We'll march to the capital, I'll be there with you...", "these people here are not taking it any longer...", "you have to show strength...", "our country has had enough..." "you have to get your people to fight" SIC! "We have to get rid of the weak congress-people..." "it is time that somebody did something about it...", "we have it deep in our souls, and we fight. we fight like hell. and if you don't fight like hell you won't have a country anymore."
Sorry but there is not a word in those quotes about a specific call for violence. Not a word about armed rebellion or a call to damage property. A first year law student could get Trump acquitted if the charges were not thrown out in the preliminary hearing. Politicians say things like that and worse all the time.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 12:27 PM   #212
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

The US uses the word "fight" for everything so in and of itself it can't be taken literally. Help fight cancer. Help fight poverty, etc. Personally I wish that was changed to more positive wording like help cure cancer or help overcome poverty but it is very ingrained now. Everything seems to be a fight rather than a constructive effort.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 12:38 PM   #213
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Lets not forget the WAR on poverty, the WAR on drugs, the WAR on gangs, the WAR on terror, the WAR on decaf coffee.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 02:07 PM   #214
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default submitted without comment

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...lation/617827/

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 02:11 PM   #215
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Torvald,

The Torsk Restoration folks basically disbanded 10 years ago. The people who oversee the inner harbor never liked the Torsk and was opposed to having people onboard restoring her on any given Saturday morning. Money and politics, etc. I have not crossed the Torsk's deck for close a decade now. I have no idea how she is fairing. At any rate, behind the scene bilge water drinking is no longer.
O....M....G

Has it really been that long?
Old 01-27-21, 02:23 PM   #216
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
The concluding paragraphs are worth posting.

"All of which is to say that the debate about free speech on social media should not be viewed primarily as a debate about whether the social-media companies violated Trump’s freedom of speech when they banned him, or whether they violate anyone else’s freedom of speech when they make thousands of similar decisions every day. Instead, it should be viewed primarily as a debate about what freedom of speech means on social media, and, perhaps most importantly, about who gets to decide—courts, corporations, or legislatures. That liberals and conservatives have switched perspectives on these questions in recent years reflects the extraordinary political fluidity, and perhaps possibility, of the current moment.

However the political alignments work out, Trump’s deplatforming illuminated a basic insight worth keeping in mind: Private companies not only participate in the marketplace of ideas but also determine to a significant extent who else can participate in it. We should not take comfort in the fact that the speech-regulating decisions by Big Tech companies do not and cannot violate the First Amendment as it is currently understood. Conservatives are correct to be worried about the threat that the private platforms pose to freedom of speech, even if this makes them more like big-government liberals than they might be willing to acknowledge. Those big-government liberals should realize as much, and act accordingly."

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 04:05 PM   #217
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

For all of you who believe that no evidence was brought forward about re-election fraud...

We don’t need evidence brought up for anything! This is a problem that you’re not seeing. I am an American citizen can use the freedom of information act to gain access to anything my governor or police or state executives file or write up. I don’t need evidence to examine or investigate anything. If I want investigation into my election I should have it no questions asked.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 04:39 PM   #218
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
For all of you who believe that no evidence was brought forward about re-election fraud...

We don’t need evidence brought up for anything! This is a problem that you’re not seeing. I am an American citizen can use the freedom of information act to gain access to anything my governor or police or state executives file or write up. I don’t need evidence to examine or investigate anything. If I want investigation into my election I should have it no questions asked.

You have every right to inquire. Might I suggest starting with Hillary Clinton and those like her who jumped on the bandwagon believing Russia altered the outcome of the 2016 election. After millions of dollars, abuse of power, and a global embarrassment caused by a politically motivated government boondoggle. I'm sure there has to be something. I heard Michael Cohen is ready to turn any day now.

Then ask the Trump campaign for the details of the evidence they have. So we can see it for ourselves. Should be easy. https://cdn.donaldjtrump.com/public-...t-as-filed.pdf. After a brief glossing over I didn't see evidence. Just plenty of alleged issues concerning procedure.

Old 01-27-21, 05:17 PM   #219
bstanko6
Admiral

Rockstar...

Totally on your band wagon!

If the Dems can investigate fraud with no evidence, We can too. Until then Biden will be seated as a fraudulent president. if the Dems want to unify and heal, then answer to the other half of the country that hates them right now.

And we will not take a “c’mon man” as an answer.

DISCORD
Old 01-27-21, 05:32 PM   #220
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Rockstar...

Totally on your band wagon!

If the Dems can investigate fraud with no evidence, We can too. Until then Biden will be seated as a fraudulent president. if the Dems want to unify and heal, then answer to the other half of the country that hates them right now.

And we will not take a “c’mon man” as an answer.

No, he is not seated as fraudulent president. Biden is the duly elected President of the United States of America. Just as Trump was in 2016.

Old 01-27-21, 05:47 PM   #221
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Does this mean that the elected politician in USA impeach a sitting President when they feel for it ?

I can't remember if former President was acquitted because there wasn't enough evidens or if it enough to judge him, but his colleague stood by their man in the Oval office.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 06:07 PM   #222
bstanko6
Admiral

That’s where I disagree with you Rockstar...

If you have half the country is saying he’s not duly elected, are you gonna tell that half the country to go pound sand? You don’t have a right to look into anything or investigate anything? That’s tyranny.

Don’t blind yourself friend. Demand answers. Always.

DISCORD
Old 01-27-21, 06:31 PM   #223
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Does this mean that the elected politician in USA impeach a sitting President when they feel for it ?

If they have the votes for it in the House of Representatives the answer is yes. There does not need to be a valid reason. That's why the founders decided it should take 2/3rds of the Senate to convict.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 07:43 PM   #224
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:

If the Dems can investigate fraud with no evidence, We can too.

I'm sorry, it didn't make sense in 2016 and it doesn't in 2020.

Old 01-27-21, 08:38 PM   #225
bstanko6
Admiral

Rockstar....

You are right it did not make sense.

19 minutes after inauguration Trumps impeachment papers are approved over an anonymous tip of Russian collusion! Investigation ensues.

No evidence!

Why can’t we have an expensive investigation into the election fraud?

We have no evidence (apparently).

Status quo for it!

DISCORD