Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-21, 05:27 AM   #12166
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Communists AND Conservatives, lefties and righties hate liberals/libertarians like the plague. True libertarians do not play by their corrupt rule book - and for that they will never be forgiven.
Old 01-06-21, 05:28 AM   #12167
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Vienna what are you talking about? The statues are public property. Petitioned to be there, legally. Before the US was invaded by idiots, you petition to have them removed. That is called democracy. And I’m fine with that!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-06-21, 05:52 AM   #12168
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Vienna what are you talking about? The statues are public property. Petitioned to be there, legally. Before the US was invaded by idiots, you petition to have them removed. That is called democracy. And I’m fine with that!

Yes, they are public property and as such, are administered by the duly elected public officials overseeing their placement or by their agents, as permitted by law; and, as such, they can indeed be moved, modified, and/or removed as the law permits and, unless there is some binding law the requires the permanence of the statues, their existence and/or location is at the permission of the overseeing body(ies); even if they were placed under a particular law, remember, no law is permanent or immutable: laws can be amended, revised or even repealed, if done so under the set legal structure; for that mater, even a set legal structure can be changed, under law; in the case of the statues, petitions were made and the duly elected, legally empowered, overseeing bodies responded to those positions as they saw was fit and took an action as they saw was fit; if you have an issue, it is not with the liberals or conservatives or 'dem dang Commanists', but with the law; what was done was done under the law: if you don't like the law, find some way to change the law, maybe by finding a way to get a majority of the people who vote to agree with you; that's how the rest of us do it...

..unless, of course, you're one of those who disrespect the law and do so out of ignorance of the law and how it works and what it stands for...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 01-06-21 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-06-21, 06:20 AM   #12169
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

<O>
Old 01-06-21, 07:26 AM   #12170
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
“China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man,” Biden said during an Iowa campaign stop in 2019. “I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what? They’re not competition for us. The fact of the matter is we can do all we need to do without punishing anybody.”
Quote:
Communist China is betting on a return to the status quo ante of American acquiescence to, and support of, its hegemonic ambitions through comprehensive "engagement" and outright appeasement under a Biden administration.

That is the primary takeaway, if the recent remarks of Chinese State Councilor and Minister of Foreign Affairs Wang Yi are any indication.
https://www.newsweek.com/communist-c...pinion-1558822

Quote:
In the waning days of 2020, Wang delivered a speech at the Asia Society entitled, "Reorient and Steer Clear of Disruptions for a Smooth Sailing of China-U.S. Relations." The title itself gives away the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) game: It seeks a reversion to the ostensibly pacific relations with the U.S. under which our ruling class aided, abetted and enabled its rise from trifling concern to our most formidable geopolitical adversary.

Wang would make this view even clearer in a subsequent interview published in CCP mouthpiece Xinhua, in which he said "China-U.S. relations have come to a new crossroads, and a new window of hope is opening." As Xinhua summarized it, "The Chinese side hopes that the next U.S. administration will return to a sensible approach, resume dialogue with China, restore normalcy to the bilateral relations and restart cooperation."
When can we expect the first state visit by President Biden to China? And will Hunter be going this time?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-06-21, 08:49 AM   #12171
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

The Democratic Party of US President-elect Joe Biden is on the verge of taking control of the Senate as results come in from two elections in Georgia.

Atlanta pastor Raphael Warnock is projected to have won one of the seats. The other is on a knife-edge.

If the Democrats win both, Mr Biden will have a much better chance of pushing through his legislative agenda.

The election is being rerun because of Georgia's rule that a candidate must take 50% of the vote in order to win.

With 98% of votes counted, US TV networks and the Associated Press news agency called the first of the two races for Mr Warnock.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55544056

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-06-21, 08:54 AM   #12172
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

Wonder how much of an effect those Perdue attack ads I was constantly seeing on tv in friggin' Connecticut had on the election?

Old 01-06-21, 12:32 PM   #12173
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I have no idea of the candidates' agendas and political stands, but I assume that a political system not being totally blocked in trench warfare for the coming 4 years and nothing goes back and forth and left and right anmyore, is better than a system where right this would be the case.

"Georgia" sounds very conservative to me, and no matter how it ends, with a Democratic win or a close, very close draw/loss of senate, it seems to show once again that many people are tired of certain things that Trump wanted them to vote for.

However, in the national picture, considering that the Democrats have not really consodlidated power in Congress and will take control of the Senate merely just so, it shows that they are not really loved much better than Trump's ego show.
Old 01-06-21, 12:34 PM   #12174
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
Wonder how much of an effect those Perdue attack ads I was constantly seeing on tv in friggin' Connecticut had on the election?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-06-21, 01:35 PM   #12175
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Pence: 'I will keep my oath'

In his lengthy written statement, Vice-President Mike Pence says that his "largely ceremonial" role in today's special Congressional session does not allow him to reverse the 2020 election results and Joe Biden's win.

Congress is meeting to confirm President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college victory. Click 'play' at top of page to watch live.

VP Mike Pence is overseeing the joint session, and President Trump wants him to block certification even though his role is a ceremonial one.

President Donald Trump has addressed thousands of supporters in
Washington DC and said ‘we will never concede’

He spoke as his party appeared to be losing their grip on the Senate as Democrats remain ahead in Georgia's second runoff race.

As the first black Senator from Georgia, Democrat Raphael Warnock's win is historic, but Democrats still need to win the second race.

If they do, they will control the US Senate, and it will be easier for President-elect Biden to enact his agenda.

‘Welcome to the new Georgia’, said Democrat Raphael Warnock, a pastor, who is projected to have beaten Republican Kelly Loeffler.

Democrat Jon Ossoff has claimed victory over Republican David Perdue in Georgia, but it’s still too close to call.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/elec...-2020-55558355

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-06-21, 02:05 PM   #12176
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

As the first black Senator from Georgia, Democrat Raphael Warnock's win is historic, but Democrats still need to win the second race.

If they do, they will control the US Senate, and it will be easier for President-elect Biden to enact his agenda.

Yes it is still close on the one senator Purdue so close that a recount is automatically triggered.

But even if there is a tie the deciding vote to break the tie will be in the hands of the VP elect Harris. She still hasn't taken the oath of office.

If Biden/Harris do in fact get into power they will try to push everything they campaigned for in a hurry due to they know the next election is in just two more years.

The next election is for the House of representatives every two years and the next election is for some of the US Senators D or R I do not know.

So maybe we only have to put up with the tie situation for two more years, but the Biden/Harris problem for four more years.

My prayer is simply this that the voting public will see the mistakes that they have made and correct the situation.

It's going to get nasty with some of these protestors on both sides ... I'am sad to see it in my country, but we will have more black/white conflicts to come.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-06-21, 03:15 PM   #12177
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Someone came up to a WUSA9 reporter moments ago with a video allegedly showing someone having been shot inside the Capitol.

Nice one, Trump.
Old 01-06-21, 03:17 PM   #12178
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

If moderate Republicans even now, with what is going on in D.C. currently, do not understand that it was a mistake to vote this men a second time then I am speechless.
Old 01-06-21, 03:25 PM   #12179
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Not to worry. I keep being told Republicans only have peaceful protests.....

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-06-21, 03:32 PM   #12180
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Not to worry. I keep being told Republicans only have peaceful protests.....

Once governors take our jobs away, and an election is blatantly stolen we have more time on our hands for stuff like this.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter