Closed Thread

Old 09-15-20, 09:13 AM   #10606
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I would say that you are quite correct. And to be fair the same could be said about how people on the Right view the ideolgical policies of President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

It's time to stop looking at personal behavior and examine policy. Neither Trump's twitter habits or Biden's declining health will effect how people live. But their policies will.
What policies does Biden have other than spewing catch words to his base? Climate change. Free healthcare. Less taxes. Social Justice. The usual crap spewed every election.

Biden has yet to denounce and condemn the shooting of two police officers in LA. Why is that? Will Biden take a stance of police de-funding? He is on a very slipper slope supporting one(BLM) and dropping the other(police).
Old 09-15-20, 10:21 AM   #10607
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
What policies does Biden have other than spewing catch words to his base? Climate change. Free healthcare. Less taxes. Social Justice. The usual crap spewed every election.

Biden has yet to denounce and condemn the shooting of two police officers in LA. Why is that? Will Biden take a stance of police de-funding? He is on a very slipper slope supporting one(BLM) and dropping the other(police).
I'm pretty sure that Biden says exactly what he is told to say. It's disturbing but Joe is going to have to display a lot more willingness to prove that isn't so. Question is will he?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 09-15-20, 01:43 PM   #10608
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
I would say that you are quite correct. And to be fair the same could be said about how people on the Right view the ideolgical policies of President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

It's time to stop looking at personal behavior and examine policy. Neither Trump's twitter habits or Biden's declining health will effect how people live. But their policies will.

Very true, you had some Tea Party nutters insisting obama was a Muslim terrorist - they were about as sane and well informed as the people who call Trump, Hitler.
Old 09-15-20, 02:25 PM   #10609
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The Matrix was a silly sci-fi movie. They used humans to create energy...? Dumb. They should have used cows,more energy and less pushback.
No, the machines' plan actually was very clever. Instead of turning just harmless cows into energy that then would be needed to get wasted for the war against a hostile mankind, they turnd hostile mankind itself into energy, kept almost all that energy for themselves, and had to fight nobody. Threat removed. Energy conserved. Win-win.

Its as if an army invading another country stops worrying about logistics of food supply chains, instead eats the dead enemies killed in the battle before. Maybe not tasteful. But efficient.
Old 09-15-20, 04:56 PM   #10610
Skybird
Soaring

I never felt love for electronic voting. To call this method an execution of utmost naivety is a polite understatement.

From this piece by Windows expert Susan Bradley: https://www.askwoody.com/2020/checki...e-usa-centric/

In the qabove, I especially point out: https://www.darkreading.com/omdia/bl...a/d-id/1338707

And for Californians:

https://ballottrax.com/
https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/bal...eres-my-ballot

Susan Bradley also links this ressource for all Americans to check:

https://microsoft.turbovote.org/

And in a wider context, these links are included in the above:

https://decider.com/2020/09/09/the-s...entary-review/

https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...al-harvesting/
Old 09-15-20, 05:06 PM   #10611
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In the Primetime news I heard the journalist who is in USA saying following.

It's about the shooting at these two policeofficer who was sitting in their police car in Los Angeles.

"The general perception among Americans is that a war is being waged with the country's police forces"

Is this true do you my American friends have this view there's a war against your police forces ?

Markus
Old 09-15-20, 06:39 PM   #10612
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
In the Primetime news I heard the journalist who is in USA saying following.

It's about the shooting at these two policeofficer who was sitting in their police car in Los Angeles.

"The general perception among Americans is that a war is being waged with the country's police forces"

Is this true do you my American friends have this view there's a war against your police forces ?

Markus

I heard about that, some sicko then filmed it while laughing, protesters then turned up at the hospital to celebrate and shout 'Your next' at other officers, really messed up. George Floyds death was messed up too, but this a whole new level of disturbing.
Old 09-15-20, 06:47 PM   #10613
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I think so but I also think it's been that way for decades. Ever since the war on drugs escalated, gangster mentality became urban cool and the big drug cartels became more violent, the police responded by becoming more paramilitary. Now we have this mess and the attempts to defund the police. The police need reform but the war will go on as long as lawlessness tries to win. It's already well past the point where anything but serious crime is ignored. People suck and they suck more and more.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 09-15-20, 06:54 PM   #10614
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Yeah, I hope the US can pull though in the end, though at the moment it seems like a perfect storm over there, even if the craziness is only a minority.
Old 09-16-20, 02:30 AM   #10615
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Yeah, I hope the US can pull though in the end, [...], even if the craziness is only a minority.
be sure?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-16-20, 02:47 AM   #10616
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
I heard about that, some sicko then filmed it while laughing, protesters then turned up at the hospital to celebrate and shout 'Your next' at other officers, really messed up. George Floyds death was messed up too, but this a whole new level of disturbing.
Yes killing for joy always is sick, in any context. But what has happened there, had to be expectec sooner or later. Some people, and by growing number, feel they have a right for revenge, for payback at the police. And if this sentiment spreads, in a country as weapon-saturated as the US, then the problems have just begun.
Old 09-16-20, 02:53 AM   #10617
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
be sure?

Yeah Im sure, thats a relatively passive form of 'crazy' Cat, even if the second guy is clearly delusional. (While the other two are pretty average.)

Still, not the same a dehumanizing another group and celebrating acts of violence against them, that is past the point of no return.
Old 09-16-20, 04:25 AM   #10618
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Biden says exactly what he is told to say. It's disturbing but Joe is going to have to display a lot more willingness to prove that isn't so. Question is will he?

If Trump gets dementia, how will you know?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-16-20, 04:50 AM   #10619
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

He will talk about herd mentality, viruses magically disappearing and vaccines magically materializing.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 09-16-20, 05:08 AM   #10620
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ses-joe-biden/

Quote:
The evidence and the science show that Donald Trump has badly damaged the U.S. and its people—because he rejects evidence and science. The most devastating example is his dishonest and inept response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which cost more than 190,000 Americans their lives by the middle of September.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter