SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-22-22, 01:19 PM   #256
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Putin has and will always look after number one (himself).

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-22, 02:13 PM   #257
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Not turning our Ukraine thread into Russian politics

Does anyone of us have any idea what would happen if, as mentioned in our Ukraine thread, Russia as a state collapse ?

No oil and gas from Russia is one thing
Global famine is another as mentioned in a BBC article which
And chaos

If it means civil war in Russia if the state collapse I don't know.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-22, 08:06 PM   #258
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

If Russia collapses, it doesn't mean a lot of people will move out.

It will mean a reset to the government and its infrastructure, something I think they have experience with.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-24, 06:23 AM   #259
Gogs7
Cadet

Downloads: 0

RIP Alexei https://navalny.eu/
Gogs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-24, 11:55 AM   #260
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Gogs7!...awaiting results of autopsy report?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 06:02 PM   #261
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Damn, can't someone kill Putin and let Russia catch up?
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-24, 06:32 AM   #262
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Damn, can't someone kill Putin and let Russia catch up?
Careful what you wish for. Who ever follows Putin, most likely will be worse than him. And the role of the "democratic opposition" in Russia always has been idealistically overestimated. Democracy has no room in Russian thinking, culture and mentality. They never learned what it is, had never made any experiences with it.
I knew Russian Germans who returned to Germany after their families migrated to Russia centuriesago. They all three left no good hair on Russian civilization andn all said its hopeless.

Even figureheads of the claimed opposition like Navalny was, must be taken with utmost caution, as I just posted in the Ukraine thread.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=2610

I have given up on Russia long time ago. Its useless to have hopeful expectations with Russia. I made that mistake years ago. No longer. And not just since the Ukraine war started ten years ago.
Old 02-20-24, 07:04 AM   #263
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Putin ‘greenlit Alexei Navalny killing as a 70th birthday gift’

Quote:
Vladimir Putin sanctioned the killing of Alexei Navalny ‘as a birthday gift for Russia’s top criminal investigator’, a leading independent media outlet has claimed. Alexander Bastrykin, 70, long-time head of the Russian Investigative Committee, was a university classmate of the dictator in Leningrad, now St Petersburg. He hounded Navalny for years with bogus prosecutions as part of what respected independent SOTA media outlet describes as a ‘personal grudge’

The astonishing claim is that he was gradually poisoned after the president gave the personal go-ahead as a ‘gift’ for Bastrykin’s 70th birthday on August 27, 2023. In the event, Navalny died almost six months later. The outlet reports that ‘after Navalny’s arrest, sources say, Bastrykin sought Putin’s sanction to kill Navalny in the [penal] colony, eventually enlisting the support of the head of the Federal Penitentiary Service, Arkady Gostev’

It adds that ‘in August 2023, Vladimir Putin gave permission for the slow poisoning of Alexei Navalny as a “gift” for Bastrykin’s 70th birthday’. ‘According to the original plan, it was assumed that the politician would die from cardiovascular problems before the end of 2023,’ SOTA reports. ‘But death occurred only on February 16.’SOTA reported that Navalny had expressed concern to his team that “in his opinion, he was receiving some kind of poison”

It was not the first time. In 2020, Putin had deployed an FSB hit squad to poison him after a nerve agent was sprinkled in his underwear in Tomsk, Siberia. Navalny eventually recovered thanks to German doctors after Putin permitted the ailing politician ton be flown to the West.Despite the assassination bid, Navalny voluntarily returned to Russia – where he was immediately jailed – even though he could have remained safe in the West. Navalny’s death — less than a month before an election that will give Putin another six years in power — has removed the dictator’s greatest political foe.

It has also deprived the Russian opposition of its most well-known politician and sparked a search for Navalny’s body, which his team said was not being returned to his family until official tests are done.An official note handed to Navalny’s mother stated that he died at 2.17pm local time Friday, Kira Yarmysh, Navalny’s spokesperson said. She added that an employee of the prison colony said that Navalny’s body was taken to the nearby city of Salekhard as part of a probe into his death.

Ivan Zhdanov, the director of Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Foundation, wrote on X, formerly Twitter, that Navalny’s mother had been told by prison officials that her son had perished due to ‘sudden death syndrome’ when she arrived at his former penal colony Saturday with one of the politician’s lawyers.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...1&ei=5#image=8

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-24, 04:21 PM   #264
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Putin has and will always look after number one (himself).

In my book, Putin is definitely a number 2

Tags
putin, russia, ussr