SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-18, 02:14 PM   #451
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

One link:
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/tema/ubaadssagen

From there, you can go read plenty of article about the court case. It was the 6th day in court today. Well, excuse me for not translating everything coming out about the case these days.
Some critic words about my choice of sources made me think: why the... should I spend lots of time translating the most important parts, if that's the reaction.
Now, I also know that some appriciated it. So that's why I post this link above at all. However, you have to put the text from the sub links in google translate and translate it yourself. Sorry!
I don't have much time at present, because I'm in the process of moving. So lack of time is also a reason.

Anyway, in very short:
PM has been questioned about the sub, several women have been questioned about the sex life of PM, and several people attached the space lab, Copenhagen Suborbitals and old friends, former and current, have been questioned about the sub and about technical stuff. Some of them have spoken against the theories of PM, but one of them has said it was plausible that a pressure made it impossible to open the hatch. Today, several of the snuff, torture and killing videos found on the computer and external harddrive of PM was played in court. One witness didn't show up in court today. Speculations about whether that was the wife of PM.
To be continued...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-18, 03:57 PM   #452
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Thanks for the update Carotio.
Old 03-28-18, 05:41 AM   #453
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

In English:
Peter Madsen murder trial: woman invited on to submarine two days before Kim Wall’s death

http://www.theweek.co.uk/92441/peter...bmarine-murder

Quote:
Two women have claimed in court that Peter Madsen asked them aboard the submarine on which he allegedly killed Swedish journalist Kim Wall.

Others testifying on the sixth day of the murder trial in Copenhagen said that Madsen spoke about the best place to hide a corpse.

Prosecutors questioned the two women who said that the Danish inventor had also invited them on to the homemade vessel he called UC3 Nautilus, Kvallsposten reports.

The first said she had been asked to join him on the submarine at the end of June. She worked as a volunteer at his workshop and had already been aboard several times.

The second woman said she had declined Madsen’s invitation on to the submarine when they first met in May 2017.

On 8 August, two days before Kim Wall joined Madsen on the sea, the witness received a message from the 47-year-old repeating the invitation.

“I thought it was a little odd that he wrote to me,” the witness told the court. “If it had been my submarine, I would not have invited me when I didn’t answer the first time.”

A male witness who knew Madsen through the crowdfunded space programme Copenhagen Suborbitals, described a conversation they had ten years ago in which Madsen called Kogebukten bay, south of Copenhagen, “a good place” to hide a body. His fascination with getting rid of corpses was confirmed by the fourth witness who said that they had “talked a bit about it”.
Old 04-04-18, 12:13 PM   #454
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Some more information

As mentioned earlier the prosecutor had called an expert on Submarines Ditte Dyreborg.
Yesterday she was called into the witness stand

Here is from what have been said during her testimony

(have used google translate)

It was not the exhaust that killed the Swedish journalist, says the prosecutor's expert witness, contradicting the statement of the submarine captain.

Commander and expert on submarines do not believe that Kim Wall died of exhaust gases.

Today's main witness in the case of the Swedish journalist's death is the commander and submarine expert Ditte Dyrborg from the Navy naval station in Korsor.

Even when the submarine disappeared in August last year, she became involved in the search. The first reaction of the Commander, was that a submarine would not sink as fast as it did in the case of Nautilus.

She was sent to Dragør, where the submarine landed. The witness then spoke with some officers and pointed out that she already assumed that it was a deliberate sinking.
The reduction was later recognized by the accused submarine.

Did not track too much carbon monoxide

Commander and trained engineer, was also involved in the raising of the submarine and conducted measurements on board when the vessel was emptied of water. The measurements took place with equipment from Naval Station Korsor.

She explained in court that it would be possible to find carbon monoxide in the vessel's air reservoir if there had been an exhaust gas in the submarine, as the defendant has explained.

That led to the death of the Swedish journalist Kim Walls, the defendant himself explained on 14 October.

But there was no carbon black to register:

"It can be measured in very small concentrations, but we could not find anything"

The prosecutor would know whether the time difference between August 11 and the time when the measurements were made in October after the accused's new explanations have any significance?
"It does not matter. For the air that was measured in the reservoir was from that day, "the shipwreck replied, there was also no fault on the exhaust system in the vessel.

Do not believe the accused's explanation

The accused submarine explained that there was a mistake on the exhaust that led exhaust gases into the vessel.
"Do you think that Kim Wall should have been locked in the submarine because of oppression and got exhaust gases in it?", The prosecutor asks.
"No, I do not believe it".

Commander Ditte Dyrborg does not believe that the accused submarine driver would be able to open the submarine's hatch from the outside, such as the accused have explained.

She has delivered three reports to the police investigation. According to them, it is considered impossible to open a hatch by hand alone, when there is negative pressure in the vessels caused by the exhaust gases.

"If the engines running, you should be able to lift 525 kg plus the hatch weight. It's after a minute '.

Shouted through the hull

The defendant has previously explained that he does not know why the engines in the vessel stopped but thought he was yelling at Kim Wall in the submarine that she should stop the engines.
The commander, does not believe that it has been possible at the time.

"There are two engines and noise, and there is a thick hull. I do not think you could shout someone up. I do not think you could have closed the engines unless you were instructed in it "

(End of article)
Here are the whole article in Danish
https://politiken.dk/indland/art6413...B8dningsgasser

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-18, 12:21 PM   #455
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Doesn't really come as a surprise.
Old 04-04-18, 12:27 PM   #456
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

You could say that this technical expert have shoot lots of holes in PM's balloon of technical explanation about KW's dead

Markus
Old 04-04-18, 12:30 PM   #457
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

It boggles my mind trying to figure out what PM is hoping to achieve with his ever changing story.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-18, 04:31 PM   #458
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Even today there have been a hearing.

The day's hearing in the trial against Peter Madsen was divided into two.
The first part was with his former female acquaintances.
Among them a woman who had been invited aboard two days before the meeting with Kim Wall, the woman thanked However, no to the offer.

And a witness who had seen him come walking with a backpack and the said saw. This witness said that PM walked with certain steps and a solid eye

The second part of the hearing was about the snuff movies that had been found on his computer
Here the prosecutor read the description of these films. Among others about a 14 year old girl who was impaled through the abdomen

Markus
Old 04-05-18, 04:53 AM   #459
Dahoon
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
a 14 year old girl who was impaled through the abdomen

Oh man, that made me feel nauseous. I understand the morbid curiosity many people have... but impaled children and snuff?

Today might be the day the court reads PM's mental examination. I seriously hope there is something very wrong with him or the world suddenly feels... less nice (even worse?)

UPDATE (reading along with live updates from the court):

One thing said in court is that PM had a digital camera in his bag but the memory card was missing. It seems (or so the prosecutor says) that PM likely filmed KW's death.

Someone asked what would happen with the sub. It was said in court that "all the owners of Nautilus wants it destroyed and not end up on a museum or for sale".

Update 2:

PM says that "the 13 lesions on KW's head happened after he put the head in plastic bags" when he made holes i the bags to let air out. The police doesn't agree and are (trying?) to point out that the holes doesn't match the lesions. PM also says he started cutting in KW 7 hours after her death.

13 lesions in her head alone?! Jesus Christ. Her poor parents (who are in the courtroom) are sitting there looking at PM (who is "looking at the people in court, not avoiding eye-contact, smiling" according to the journalists). I think I might stop reading along for now...

Last edited by Dahoon; 04-05-18 at 05:29 AM. Reason: spelling & update from court
Old 04-05-18, 07:43 AM   #460
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Absolutely sickening

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 01:06 PM   #461
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

From todays hearing which was the 10th day

(Used google translate)

Peter Madsen green boiler suit he had on the submarine, was soiled with the blood, biological material or tissue soaked in blood on the knees and with bloodstains in several places

It appeared from the prosecutor's documentation of the forensic report.
- It is perhaps not surprising when one admits cutting up corpses. But it is particularly blodstænkene, I want to concentrate on, said Prosecutor Jakob Buch-Jepsen.

Bloodstains, their shape, position and quantity can give an indication of what has happened.
Most of the blood was found on the front of the boots on the legs and sleeves.
Among other things, blood splash has been found with a satellite splash on the left sleeve that comes from a mother's tank. Satellite splashes are blood clots that occur when blood hits the substrate and subsequently is projected away again.

It is estimated that the blood was predominantly coagulated (solidified, ed.) Before it got on the suit and that the blood clots were produced by blood drops that were scattered through the air and then spread on the suit.
It also assessed that the suit has been buttoned up because found bloodstains with coagulated blood on the reverse side.

Both knees had strong blood clots and coagulated blood, and it is a sign that there has been a pressure in kneeling in a blood and tissue contaminated area.
Boiler suit has been soaked by the stay in the salt water, but technicians do not believe this is relevant, because blood is deep in the fibers.

Neither the prosecutor or the defense must conclude the documentation, but only faithfully read up. Therefore, it will first be noted in the prosecution procedure, why he believes that the bloodshed is interesting.
(End of article)
https://ekstrabladet.dk/112/madsens-...f-blod/7104189

Markus
Old 04-06-18, 02:08 PM   #462
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Forgotten something important to add yesterday.

Those days when there is a hearing, there is a criminal reporter who acts on TV2 NEWS when the todays hearing is over.
She is live around 16.15-16.30.
Yesterday, she told us that besides finding blood on his boots, traces of straps around her ankles were also found.
(Have tried to find some article about this straps, to be sure I heard her correctly.)

Furthermore
In one of the previous hearings, one of the forensic clinicians who had examined the torso was called as a witness.
This said that the applied cuts in her abdomen were inflicted just before or just after her death and not 7 hours later as the accused claims.

Now I'm wondering
Do you need to tighten a person(If I have heard correctly) when he or she have been dead for 7 hours, when and if a person want to cut this person in small parts. ?

Markus
Old 04-06-18, 02:32 PM   #463
Tonga
Formerly Kpt. Hess

Downloads: 251

Thanks for keeping us posted on the trial. This is one of the most sickening reads ever though. What an inconceivably sick mind this is.
Tonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 06:15 PM   #464
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Yes and even that is an understatement!!

Edit: I wonder what his wife thinks of all this?

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 04-06-18 at 06:41 PM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 11:53 AM   #465
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Yes and even that is an understatement!!

Edit: I wonder what his wife thinks of all this?
His wife was called as a witness. She was exempted from it.

Can't remember which reason she had and why the court approved her request.

by the way

There is only two days left in this trial against Peter Madsen or Raket Madsen which is his nickname here in Denmark.

The next hearing will be divided into two parts
The prosecutor telling the court how cruel PM is and only a life sentence is good for PM

The Attorney(defense) telling the court how lovely and understanding PM is and of course he shall have some punishment for having cut her into pieces a.s.o.
(don't know what the correct name for this)
Markus

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall