SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?
Mighty Trumpster 30 54.55%
Good ol' Joe 20 36.36%
Ross Perot 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-20, 05:32 PM   #151
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

And I hope the next debates have commercials in them, best would be if these last 90 minutes in total.
Old 09-30-20, 05:37 PM   #152
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

They have said there will be changes in the way the debate is done.

During this famous debate I came to think of a box
Don't know what the real name is in English.
In a popular Swedish tv program called
"på spåret"= "on the track" the competitors is sitting inside these boxes, where the moderator can shut of the mic to one of the sides in this program.

Imagine Trump sitting in one of these boxes, outgoing sound is off..
Turning his microphone of while he stands in the free...will only make him shout out the words.

Of course Secret Service would never allow this.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 09-30-20, 09:30 PM   #153
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

You know, the way things are going in politics, the inept and idiotic response to Covid19, and after that debate performance, I think I'm just going to vote for Patrick J. Buchanan like I did in 2016. I don't want to have anything to do with this awful show.
Old 10-01-20, 02:30 AM   #154
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I watched it for only like a minute and I knew it was gonna be a disaster. I just went to my room and continued watching NCIS.....

Same. It was pure chaos.
Old 10-01-20, 02:32 AM   #155
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I think I'm just going to vote for Patrick J. Buchanan like I did in 2016.

There are other choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
As of September 21, 2020, there are 1,202 candidates who filed to run for President of the United States, including:
  • 323 Democratic candidates
  • 164 Republican candidates
  • 65 Libertarian candidates
  • 23 Green candidates
Click here for a complete list of presidential candidates registered with the FEC.

... Just sayin'.
Old 10-01-20, 10:03 AM   #156
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

God the Father of us all may have a little something to say about who wins
this National Election.

Read the Old Testament

Elohim (a name for God used frequently in the Hebrew Bible)
decides all of these things.

Early voting may have already started, but God has already chosen one
of these men to lead the USA for the next four years.

or has he really decided that VP Mike Pence will be the next president when
President Trump steps down in 2021?

Which I have been saying all along that Trump will win and then turn the WH over to VP Pence.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-01-20, 11:08 AM   #157
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Pat Paulson 2020

Sure he is dead, but that's an improvement over the current candidates.
Old 10-01-20, 11:12 AM   #158
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

If I was an American citizens and it was possible to put my vote Homer Simpson then my vote would go to him.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-01-20, 03:50 PM   #159
Skybird
Soaring

America, you need this one:

Old 10-01-20, 04:24 PM   #160
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default I hope someone wins

If I were American, I'd be worrying what will happen either way it goes. Trump hates Canada, where I live.

It wouldn't be the first time a weakened government went to war to unite the country against a common enemy. We are as close as Mexico!

I love Americans, lived there, worked there, and worry for all the very good people that I met.

Good luck to our neighbours who are in crisis.
Old 10-02-20, 03:33 AM   #161
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Now that the POTUS and FLOTUS have tested positive for COVID-19 what possible consequence could there be for the election?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-02-20, 04:38 AM   #162
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

I just found out this alarming news ...

Now I am afraid to turn on the TV to watch the naysayers

Probably will spend two weeks inside and come back to haunt us all by Halloween and still win the National Election ... a certain percentage still love him no matter what CNN says
or achievement

Old 10-02-20, 05:07 AM   #163
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
God the Father of us all may have a little something to say about who wins this National Election.

Read the Old Testament

Elohim (a name for God used frequently in the Hebrew Bible)
decides all of these things. [and so on].
Excuse me, but i would like to write a short comment.
I know that the pilgrims(!) who left England for America were mostly puritans with an according mindset, and the latter is still strong in America although we write the year 2020.

The bible makes no direct comment or hint on abortion (the word "abortion" does not appear in any translation of the bible) or the US election, also it directly says (especially the old testament) that salvation is for jews, and only for jews. Not for catholics, not for christians, not for mulims, hindus, whatever. Only "The chosen people", read: jews.

Also, according to the bible, life begins at birth - when a baby draws its first breath. The bible defines life as "breath" in several significant passages, including the story of Adam's creation in Genesis 2:7, when God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Jewish law traditionally considers that personhood begins at birth.

Of course the bible has been written by humans, not by god, and it cannot be taken literally, nor should it.

Regarding abortion since this seems to be one hot topic in the US, the bible makes no comment on this, apart from "Thou shalt not murder" (no one cares about that when it come to non-Americans, or to Americans who just left school and were sent to e.g. Vietnam to kill and be killed), which is meant in a different context. Pregnant women may be slain, if they did wrong, according to the bible.

https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/2...bortion-rights

The bible also condemns adultery, lying, being rich (yes, read it for once), brazenness, vanity, pride, self-praise and all Trump stands for. If there is a god he should have smashed him already.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 10-02-20 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-02-20, 05:16 AM   #164
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Excuse me, but i would like to write a short comment.
I know that the pilgrims(!) who left England for America were mostly puritans with an according mindset, and the latter is still strong in America although we write the year 2020.

The bible makes no direct comment or hint on abortion or the US election, also it directly says (especially the old testament) that salvation is for jews, and only for jews. Not for catholics, not for christians.

Of course the bible has been written by humans, not by god, and it cannot be taken literally, nor should it.

Regarding abortion since this seems to be one hot topic in the US, the bible makes no comment on this, apart from "Thou shalt not murder" (no one cares about that when it come to non-Americans, or to Americans who just left school and were sent to e.g. Vietnam to kill and be killed), which is meant in a different context. Pregnant women may be slain, if they did wrong, according to the bible.

The bible also condemns adultery, lying, being rich (yes, read it for once), brazenness, vanity, pride, self-praise and all Trump stands for. If there is a god he should have smashed him already.
I'm sorry you don't believe in or understand how the Spirit of the Living God works Catfish, but this is no place to air your personal views on America and it's faith in God. All of our denominations say "In God we trust"

I shall PM your problem to heaven ... now lets end this conversation and return to the election process. What I posted previously was a prophecy that seems to be coming true as we speak.

"President Trump will still win the election November 3rd and then turn the WH over to the VP Mike Pence"
or achievement

Old 10-02-20, 05:34 AM   #165
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I'm sorry you don't believe in or understand how the Spirit of the Living God works Catfish, but this is no place to air your personal views on America and it's faith in God. All of our denominations say "In God we trust"

This is also no place to air your own religious beliefs and imply they are shared by all your countrymen, and everybody not sharing your views is a pitiful individual that must be looked down on in a condescending manner.

"In God we trust" and "under God" btw are modern things only that originally had no place in your national pledge of allegiance and on your coins and notes. Not before the early 50s the conservative catholic order of the Knights of Columbus massively lobbied for its addition to the existing historic formula, representing a non-constitutional preferering of a religious special interests over the secular base nature of your nation. It also violates the First Amendement: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." The attempts of silently turning institutions, education systems and even whole branches of the Armed Forces from secular, non-religous/religion-neutral institutions into "Christian clubs", is silenty being pushed since years and decades, like evangelicals wage war on science and evolution theory at schools. But that goes against the very essence of what America was based upon from beginning on: the assumption that freedom of religion necessarily also must imply freedom FROM religion. Else it all becomes as much a tyranny and suppression as the one the pilgrims were fleeing from when they left Europe.

And then there is the clause in article 11 of the treaty of Tripolis... ("As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.")

Last edited by Skybird; 10-02-20 at 05:59 AM.
Skybird is online  
Closed Thread