SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-15, 12:05 PM   #1
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Maybe from: data\Roster\German\Submarine\SSType??.cfg
Old 05-18-15, 09:51 AM   #2
Aks
Watch

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Maybe from: data\Roster\German\Submarine\SSType??.cfg
Hm, yes you right. Thank you very much.

What's mean "name" strings in Flotilla.cfg? Looks like they mean nothing.
Aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 01:11 PM   #3
Jimmyc_1
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Default Hi all

Hi I am new here. Just started playing SH3 and I love it although still trying to figure out how to make decent torpedo attacks lol. Anyway guys I hope to have lots of conversations about this sim as I LOVE IT. Now I downloaded SH3 direct from the ubisoft site, am I able able to download mods? I have been looking at the v17 mod and it looks brilliant is it available yet? If not can I download the v15? I know sorry lots of questions but I have been spending quite a few albeit enjoyable hours trying to get to grips with it. Thanks guys and hope to see you around.

Last edited by Jimmyc_1; 07-28-17 at 01:20 PM.
Jimmyc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 02:04 PM   #4
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyc_1 View Post
Hi I am new here. Just started playing SH3 and I love it although still trying to figure out how to make decent torpedo attacks lol. Anyway guys I hope to have lots of conversations about this sim as I LOVE IT. Now I downloaded SH3 direct from the ubisoft site, am I able able to download mods? I have been looking at the v17 mod and it looks brilliant is it available yet? If not can I download the v15? I know sorry lots of questions but I have been spending quite a few albeit enjoyable hours trying to get to grips with it. Thanks guys and hope to see you around.
Hi Jimmyc_1 ! Welcome to !
Old 07-28-17, 02:29 PM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Jimmyc_!
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 09:22 PM   #6
Jimmyc_1
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Default Problems

Hi guys, you will be getting sick of me now posting but I have run into a problem. I have tried downloading the grey wolves gold patch and it wont install. I have tried downloading the 2015 version and that also wont install. I have tried looking for the silent hunter 3 patch to 1.4b and cant find that either. I have spent around 4 hours downloading these two mods and looking at how to install them and no luck at all. If anyone can guide me in the right direction please do. By the way I am no IT geek I just like to play, so if anyone can provide me with simple instructions I would be most grateful. Thanks.
Jimmyc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 08:29 AM   #7
Lone Wolf 71
Nub

Downloads: 33
Default Torpedo Problem

Hi, i've recently started playing the modded version of SH111. The problem i'm having is that after i've used my 3 torpedoes the 2 spare are not reloading, this is frustrating. Any ideas?
Lone Wolf 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 10:34 AM   #8
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf 71 View Post
Hi, i've recently started playing the modded version of SH111. The problem i'm having is that after i've used my 3 torpedoes the 2 spare are not reloading, this is frustrating. Any ideas?

Welcome abroad
You have to drag them to an empty slot to reload
Make sure the crew is rested otherwise they wont work to reload the tubes

Use SH3 Commander to avoid crew fatigue
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 10:45 AM   #9
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default torpedo reload

Press "I" to bring up the ammunition load out screen. Type II u-boats should begin with torps in 1, 2, & 3 and two additional reloads.

Is auto reload, in the top left hand corner, checked? If yes, the additional reloads should automatically load assuming you have enough sailors in the forward torpedo room.

If unchecked, you must manually click and drag them to a torpedo tube.

Depending on your realism setting and the number of crew in torpedo room, it can take a bit of time for the torpedo to actually move. You'll be able to see the status as it is being moved.

Some or all of this, you may already know but I hope this is helpful.
Old 05-28-19, 03:09 PM   #10
Sugardust
Watch

Downloads: 32
Default Identifying Ships to Sink

Howdy. I'm pretty new and have gotten a hold of most of the game's mechanics so far but one thing I'm having a problem with is knowing what ships I'm actually allowed to sink.

Do I just have to look up online what nations were at war with who at the time? Is there a way in game to know?
Sugardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 03:20 PM   #11
Axagoras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14 Many thanks!

As a new SH3 player, fresh from the Steam page, this thread is supremely useful. Many thanks to everyone who put in their time and effort.
Old 10-30-21, 11:34 AM   #12
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axagoras View Post
As a new SH3 player, fresh from the Steam page, this thread is supremely useful. Many thanks to everyone who put in their time and effort.
Welcome to SubSim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 11:25 AM   #13
ubootmate
Watch

Downloads: 1
Default Welcome wagon

Moinsen, fellow sub commanders!

I'm not new to sub sims in general nor Silent Hunter in particular. After finding out there is a vivid modding history I decided to join, because I have rather specific ideas, what I want but couldn`t get answers to all my related questions.
I appreciate all the work, time and effort various people put into this forum and the game itself and I am quite confident, some of you can help out....

Greetings from U-Mate
ubootmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-06, 09:09 PM   #14
Bis71
Gunner

Downloads: 2
Default Elaboration on Torpedo Lesson

I found that it was trickier tan the Wiki says. The stationary ship will move if you move too fast or leave the scope up too long. After it goes, the other ships may start to move. Hit the C2 cargo ship next with two torps. Alternatively, you can stop her dead in the water with one torp and come back to finish her off after you get the other three. By now, the others are zigging. Take out the merchie almost due west of the C2; then head ESE fast to get the small tanker, the speediest target. Leaving her for last may let her escape. Finally, run ENE for the last merchie.
Old 09-29-06, 09:02 PM   #15
Dave Kay
Gunner

Downloads: 25

Now that I have upgraded to a great laptop computer with all the bells and whistles, I come to find out that I can no longer play my absolute favorite game, SHIII, because of my 64bit operating system.
Furthermore, there appears to be no other work-around except for Ubisoft to release an update or patch for the StarForce protection software. Additionally, I understand this is an issue between 32 and 64bit software and according to the StarForce website; this is a very simple fix for most game companies.
What I would like to know is IF, or WHEN this update will be made available. Sans that, I can see many people in the buying public getting rightfully miffed at Ubisoft not only because there is no fix for this problem if one has bought a new PC and attemted to install your games, BUT, I also see as newer Ubisoft titles come onto the market there will be a great many people who cannot play them on older computers... many of us are being caught unaware of this situation and this is not good business! NEW PC BUYERS BEWARE!
Sincerly, a very watchful user of Ubisoft product.
Dave Kay is offline   Reply With Quote