Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-24, 02:29 PM   #1
david_simons40
Watch

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0
Default Trying to install SH5 on windows 11 laptop

Hi,

I am trying to install SH5. The detection tool picks up my Geforce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU but then fails the Graphic driver version and states this needs to be upgraded????

I have a Geforce 4090, my laptop was purchased as a self-indulgent Christmas present in 2023 some 13 years after DH5 was released and I have installed the latest drivers. I have installed SH3 onealex and SH4 FotRS with only a few minor hiccups so what do I need to do to overcome this problem?

BTW I am installing the SH5 Gold edition from my dvd which I rushed out and purchased when the game was first released but never got around to using until now.

thanks for any help from all you people that are much cleverer than me.

on a separate note should I manage to get it running, will I need to play with the disc inserted or is there a way that it plays via ubiconnect once the keycode is activated?
david_simons40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 11:45 PM   #2
Backscuttle
A-ganger

Downloads: 108

Ahoy.
I have SH5 disc versions stowed away in my garage. I tried installing them some time back but they didn`t work. I now play SH5 Gold via Ubisoft Connect, (which meant that I had to pay out again), but I would only recommend if you are going to install TWoS v2.2.25. as the stock game is a bit meh. If you decide to venture forth with SH5 on Ubi and want TWoS make sure to find install instructions in forums as TWoS isn`t a straightforward install.
Be advised that The Wolves of Steel mod still has it`s annoying little glitches, which I have found recently. Oh - one more thing - to get TWoS to run via Ubi Connect I had to download a newer version of the SH5.exe and install it. I can`t remember where I found the link but it`s in Subsim somewhere.
PA- pdf download here for install guide :- https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4861

Last edited by Backscuttle; 01-24-24 at 11:53 PM.
Backscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-24, 03:54 AM   #3
david_simons40
Watch

Downloads: 89
Icon14

Thanks for that. I might just leave well alone and and continue with SH3 and 4 with eye candy from UBoat
david_simons40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 04:25 PM   #4
Dönitz78
Bosun

Downloads: 327

Just follow the pdf "install instruction" step by step and all will work.
Dönitz78 is offline   Reply With Quote