SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-21, 02:38 AM   #121
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Gyrocompass ring added for all types VII & IX

See end of post #1.

Has to be activated on top of all.

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 04:05 AM   #122
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 10:40 AM   #123
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 516
Default Depth Keeping problem with 0 knot

Hi Fifi
I have test the Enhancement mod for the CCOM12 ,but I found that when I test in the Naval Academy with 7B uboat at periscope depth and All stop 0 knot speed, The Uboat can not keep the depth. It keep dropping.
Also the snokel cover for the 7B have some problem when using the Enhancement Mod.

Best Regards
Toyotage86
Toyotagt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 11:01 AM   #124
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotagt86 View Post
Hi Fifi
I have test the Enhancement mod for the CCOM12 ,but I found that when I test in the Naval Academy with 7B uboat at periscope depth and All stop 0 knot speed, The Uboat can not keep the depth. It keep dropping.
Also the snokel cover for the 7B have some problem when using the Enhancement Mod.

Best Regards
Toyotage86
Yes it is normal "Negative buoyancy" effect when on the cover of the snockel I think that Fifi has not finished with that it is in progress
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 11:14 AM   #125
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Hi Fifi

Best Regards
Toyotage86
Yes, as Kal said above, my mods include the negative buoyancy so when all stopped the sub is slowly sinking
In real life it’s impossible to get the perfect steady at zero knot in any submarine.
So you’ll have to play with the speed telegraph to get at least 1 knot in every situation!
You can stay steady at zero knot for around 1 minute/1 minute 30, so should be enough to measure target speed with U-Jagd.
When very deep, you may have to run more than 2 knots to go up! Just because of water pressure.

About the snorkel mask, it’s not from my mod. I didn’t changed it from stock Ccom.
It’s a known glitch (even in LSH3) with the VIIB type... all others are fine though.
I tried to solve it, but didn’t success yet.

Old 02-02-21, 07:52 PM   #126
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Yes it is normal "Negative buoyancy" effect when on the cover of the snockel I think that Fifi has not finished with that it is in progress
OK Understood Thank you very much
Old 02-02-21, 08:33 PM   #127
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Default Some viewpoint about the negative buoyancy when playing the game Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Yes, as Kal said above, my mods include the negative buoyancy so when all stopped the sub is slowly sinking
In real life it’s impossible to get the perfect steady at zero knot in any submarine.
So you’ll have to play with the speed telegraph to get at least 1 knot in every situation!
You can stay steady at zero knot for around 1 minute/1 minute 30, so should be enough to measure target speed with U-Jagd.
When very deep, you may have to run more than 2 knots to go up! Just because of water pressure.

About the snorkel mask, it’s not from my mod. I didn’t changed it from stock Ccom.
It’s a known glitch (even in LSH3) with the VIIB type... all others are fine though.
I tried to solve it, but didn’t success yet.

Yes I agree with the "In real life it’s impossible to get the perfect steady at zero knot in any submarine." But when we play the game Wolfpack the Dive officer will manage the trim Compressed air valve and the trim Ballast tank to keep the depth at 0 knot. While in the Silent Hunter 3 we do not have such mechanism to adjust the buoyancy accurately, it makes the player hard to control the depth steady. In my opinion when the player in the SH3 he is just the Captain of the Uboat, the Dive officer will Execute the command to keep the depth, especially at Periscope depth the Water pressure won't as horrible as deep waters. Also for the better user experience when playing the game I like the original depth control.

Anyway thank you for answering me

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Old 02-03-21, 01:13 AM   #128
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
While in the Silent Hunter 3 we do not have such mechanism to adjust the buoyancy accurately, it makes the player hard to control the depth steady.

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
That’s precisely the purpose of my negative buoyancy.
To make the game harder, trying to simulate the difficulty of a steady position as it was in RL. It’s totally playable though, but you have to be more attentive than stock game, and it changes the way of planning attacks.
Stiebler and his NYGM was the first to introduce it, and perso i couldn’t play without anymore. Much more interesting than beeing a sitting duck!
Nevertheless there is still an easy way to disable it from my mod
Just let me know via PM if you are interested...

Old 02-03-21, 02:42 AM   #129
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Default thank you

Quote:
That’s precisely the purpose of my negative buoyancy.
To make the game harder, trying to simulate the difficulty of a steady position as it was in RL. It’s totally playable though, but you have to be more attentive than stock game, and it changes the way of planning attacks.
Stiebler and his NYGM was the first to introduce it, and perso i couldn’t play without anymore. Much more interesting than beeing a sitting duck!
Nevertheless there is still an easy way to disable it from my mod
Just let me know via PM if you are interested...

Thank you very much, The PM was sent
Old 02-06-21, 04:52 PM   #130
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442
Support Need some flag help!

Is there a fix or file remediation for this?

Having this issue with the flag with CCoM non modded :

The flag image and the flag mesh do not appear to be attached to each other or in sync, just get this twisted stringy thing for a flag.

Have down loaded fresh copies of CCoM but still having the problem. Even persists with Fifi's update.

Any help would be appreciated!

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 05:23 PM   #131
kl43
Nub

Downloads: 62

I use ARB 1920x1080 and the flags are ok
kl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 05:44 PM   #132
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Kl43!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 05:45 PM   #133
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Is there a fix or file remediation for this?

Having this issue with the flag with CCoM non modded :

The flag image and the flag mesh do not appear to be attached to each other or in sync, just get this twisted stringy thing for a flag.

Have down loaded fresh copies of CCoM but still having the problem. Even persists with Fifi's update.

Any help would be appreciated!

Good hunting,
FUBAR295
Didn’t touched the flags, the sub flags even the pennants in my mod for Ccom12....
I’m afraid it’s on your side, don’t have such problems here.
...and don’t see what could cause it. Sorry.
Old 02-06-21, 06:47 PM   #134
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Didn’t touched the flags, the sub flags even the pennants in my mod for Ccom12....
I’m afraid it’s on your side, don’t have such problems here.
...and don’t see what could cause it. Sorry.
I know it is not your mod as the problem persists with just CCoM running unmodded. Thanks for the response.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 02-06-21, 06:49 PM   #135
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl43 View Post
I use ARB 1920x1080 and the flags are ok
Using the GUI that comes with the package and the problem still is there. Thank you for your reply.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295