Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-27-06, 07:59 PM   #1
Rcsubs
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Questions about PA sim. & Graphics Cards

Hello All,

I have PA installed on my computer and when I installed it I had to skip parts of the install to get it to work. I installed the rain and weather options on PA RC4 and PA1.1 and skipped the rest, I did manage to get the sim to work with the Vic's mods and the PA sound. At the time of installation I had a ATI Radeon Pro 256mb card installed and the card was always giving me troubles when I tried to play a game and I tried installing old drivers trying to fix the problem on my own since ATI does not have a tech department or atleast a tech dept. that can help with any ati card. Which by the way is dissapointing to say the least because every card that I ever bought was a ATI but the problems this card gave me and the lack to tech support I installed a Nvida GeForce 3D Fuzion 256mb today and all seems to be working ok so far.

In the RC4 installation there is an option offered for the installed that states only for level 4 graphics cards. Question is: What qualifies as a level 4 card?

I have also been doing some editing on the game and would like to know if anyone can tell me which file has the settings that controls the torpedo reloading time/speed ??

Thank you for your time and help,
Darrell

Last edited by Rcsubs; 09-27-06 at 08:01 PM.
Rcsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-06, 03:57 AM   #2
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Question is: What qualifies as a level 4 card?
A card witm EMBM (Environmental Bump Mapping) abilities....some years ago those were the top notch cards, dunno if the modern ones feature this also in lower spec ones.