SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-28-07, 05:06 AM   #151
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

well faced with this sort of pig ignorant garbage i can only repeat what i have allready said...and i have allready said everything at least twice....folks don't like it...that's up to them..i can only imagine that folks find this sim threatening in some manner..
and that is none of my buisness...take it else where..this is pathetic people...utterly pathetic..what the hell do you think your actually doing??

i can only suggest that if you are so keen to discuss the many things you believe CANNOT be done with this simulation...that you should indeed start a seperate thread and express your self freely and fully there...leaving this thread for those who have the desire to discuss what CAN be done with this sim...unless you are absolutely determined to hi-jack this thread..??

if you wish to discuss IUF then i believe there is in fact a special forum set aside for such discussions??

personaly i have allways felt that anybody who uses the phrase.."i'm sorry to dissapoint you but...etc etc" should be banned immediately lol...(but that's just my opinion..lol)...as they are never being SINCERE - nor are they ever correct..it's actually forum-speak for "wish i'd thought of that... " the author just hasn't got the balls to admit it..

the free and open discussion of modding allways attracts these sorts of negative people..some with expertise some without...it matters not as neither contribute anything other than bile...for some reason some people just can't deal with it...probably because it is game centred...not ego centred...either way they just have to barge in and stop it when ever they find it..

hardly anything to boast about tho is it?? or maybe it is?? perhaps i'm denying myself one of the great joys of forum life...it certainly seems a popular and accepted forum pastime..

it's just a bit of fun mate...that's all it is..if you want to go off on some negative diatribe about how this can't be done or that can't be done..then as far as i'm concerned your not welcome..there are quite enough kill joys in the world to go round...i fail to see the attraction in that sort of behaviour..but i'm sadly in the minority it oft' seems..RTFLMAO...so what was it you said couldn't be done again?? oh i see..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
wake me up when they're thru some-one..

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 09-28-07 at 10:18 AM.
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-07, 10:21 AM   #152
bsalyers
Sparky

Downloads: 46

Wow. This is quickly turning into one of the snarkiest threads on the site.

I have a suggestion: Why not confine all comments to the game itself, leaving personal commentary out of it. As an example, any comment like "If you do this to the game, it changes this"; or "I have found that it is possible to do this" would be fine, while remarks that begin "You are a-" or "You seem to me-", or comments that critique a person's methodology or ideas, would be off-limits. Seems to me that all the "LOL"s in the world can't soften the tone of a rude remark, however politely couched, and that can't possibly be productive.

I'm not as bright as many of you on this forum. I'm just a consultant, not a programmer. I have, however managed to successfully avoid flame wars, and I believe that's a good thing.
bsalyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-07, 10:35 AM   #153
CB..
Ace of the Deep

well ok but before this descends into the surreal pit of supposed forum etiquette..
i am at aloss as to how to deal with some-one how in spite of being able to code their own game insists on telling me i can't run VB code in SOF missions when i have allready randomised succesfully almost every aspect of the stock campaign using VB code..and given full and clear examples of that code for all to view....it doesn't matter if you know what that means or not..that's not important..you can see the problem....some one is just balls out lie-ing...the disturbing thing is WHY??? i frankly just don't get it...or rather would prefer it if i didn't get it..

or maybe the whole damn thing is just barmy...either way i don't think they've invented the forum etiquette for this sort of tripe as yet...other than to ignore it...

either way the thread and the discussion is sabotaged...again WHY?
gives me the creeps..

W.B.Yeats
Old 09-28-07, 10:44 AM   #154
bsalyers
Sparky

Downloads: 46

I understand what you are saying, CB.. My suggestion would be to do as you yourself have already stated: ignore nay-sayers and prove what can be done with your work.

Which, by the way, looks quite interesting. I've already downloaded two of your mods and look forward to trying them, once I'm back from my mini-moon with my new wife.

Best to all.
bsalyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-07, 11:07 AM   #155
CB..
Ace of the Deep

congratulations on your new matrimonial status!

trouble is with this situation is that i didn't come here to prove anything..just to have a bit of a natter about modding SOF....it's the way you allways get forced into some sort of ego battle with some one else that baffles me..i enjoy the game i enjoy modding...i enjoy talking about both....but you just can't do it anymore...it scares the piss out of people..it has to be "ego trip stuff" and nothing else...i'm too old to be an "ego trip junkie" ...and often it succesfully hides behind the skirts of forum etiquette..really there isn't an effective way to deal with it that doesn't at the same time ruin the pleasure of discussion out right ,forcing you inexorably into the "ego battle".(we all have one after all..) you have to "win" or "lose".there can be no nattering about what you enjoy if what you are talking about threatens some one else's "area of expertise or percieved forum status"..the spin doctors have won the day again..

i suppose it could be said "if you can't beat them..join them..." but.. balls to that ..don't want to join that particular club..

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 09-28-07 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-28-07, 06:57 PM   #156
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB..
well faced with this sort of pig ignorant garbage
This makes me wonder if you read my posts at all and if so, whether you can comprehend them.

Quote:
i can only repeat what i have allready said...and i have allready said everything at least twice....
It doesn't matter how often you repeat your allegations, presumptions and offenses, this doesn't makes them more true.

Quote:
folks don't like it...that's up to them..i can only imagine that folks find this sim threatening in some manner..
Yeah, everything is possible in imagination. Best would be you keep your (paranoid ???) imaginations for you. Or like CB.. would say, start a separate thread where you express your imaginations and stop hi-jacking this thread.

Quote:
and that is none of my buisness...take it else where..this is pathetic people...utterly pathetic..what the hell do you think your actually doing??
Hey, you started it!

Quote:
i can only suggest that if you are so keen to discuss the many things you believe CANNOT be done with this simulation...that you should indeed start a seperate thread and express your self freely and fully there...
It is an irony that it is actually YOU who is keep talking about things that cannot be done, namely stuff like running VB code in SOF. I have tried to run some VB code and it doesn't run. What doesn't surprises me. Also mixing VB code with script commands would produce nothing more than conflicts.

A game actually can run an external language, imo if this language is supported by a virtual mashine. It would just need to be able to read out the calculation results of it and execute the laguage(VB or what ever) code in separate files, means insert only function calls of that language into the script code.

Also what is the point to insist on things that are very apparently not possible. How does this serve to the moding progress ???

Quote:
leaving this thread for those who have the desire to discuss what CAN be done with this sim...unless you are absolutely determined to hi-jack this thread..??
See above.

Quote:
if you wish to discuss IUF then i believe there is in fact a special forum set aside for such discussions??
No i do not want to discuss it here. I just get too excited sometimes. Ignore it. I can even edit it out if it does it feel you any better.

Quote:
personaly i have allways felt that anybody who uses the phrase.."i'm sorry to dissapoint you but...etc etc" should be banned immediately lol...(but that's just my opinion..lol)...
That says all about you. This makes me kinda wonder that with an attitude like this you still haven't managed it to get banned from the subsim forum.

Quote:
as they are never being SINCERE - nor are they ever correct..it's actually forum-speak for "wish i'd thought of that... " the author just hasn't got the balls to admit it..
Sincer ? This is getting more and more ironically. I didn't knew you before CB.. and thought you are a nice guy who is trying to mod SOF. You got me initially interested and i thought i help you out here and there with advice. But in return you keep pissing on me with your (paranoid ???) and arrogant presumptions, only because i was of a different oppinion than you.

"folks fear SOF..., Sabotage...., deliberately...., completely different universe"

Your(paranoid ???) imagination indeed runs riot with you.

So why don't YOU admit that you are simple pissed because I refuse to submit unconditioned to your narcism and surreal perception of SOF's limiteless scripting power ?

You seem to be unable to deal with a simple rational matter and seem to piss at any views that doesn't submit uncoditionally to yours. You indeed to seem to project some hidden intentions on me that i actually do not even have.

All i wanted was to offer you my help because i got somewhat interested, not more and not less than this. But you blow it up to the point of a cold war.

I mean if someone starts to shove me under false allegations i feel that i have to reply to that correspondingly. Don't expect anything less then this.

Quote:
the free and open discussion of modding allways attracts these sorts of negative people..
Yeah, and while you are at it, als don't forget to mention thous egocentric snobs that also seem to be awefully attracted by thous discussions.

Quote:
it's just a bit of fun mate...that's all it is..
That's just what i was about to say.

Quote:
if you want to go off on some negative diatribe about how this can't be done or that can't be done..then as far as i'm concerned your not welcome..there are quite enough kill joys in the world to go round...i fail to see the attraction in that sort of behaviour..but i'm sadly in the minority it oft' seems..RTFLMAO...
That's what i would propose to YOU

You talked out loud that SOF runs VB. I thought wow, jumpted into it and..

no it doesn't run VB. I simple told you that and hoped we could go over it and see what actually CAN be done but you kept insisiting it runs VB. I checked the scripts again, dusted off my VB book tried to run some VB code. Nope, it doesn't run. I thought i would do you a favour to make it clear to you that SOF doesn't run VB code. But you perceived this as an sabotage attempt while i meant it as a service for you to explain to you that this is actually SOFs scripting language and not VB.

I am really stomped by your embittered reactions. I meant to help you but you bite my hand.

I made the mistake to get excited by your talks before checking the matter my self, thus my rather disapointed assesment.

Quote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
wake me up when they're thru some-one..
Wake me up when you have managed to run VB code in SOF.

Quote:
i am at aloss as to how to deal with some-one how in spite of being able to code their own game insists on telling me i can't run VB code in SOF missions
Oh, let me explain. First, learn coding! Then it would need you only one look and one simple code snipped to realize that SOF doesn't run VB code!

You wouldn't even need to run some code snipped to realize that the code you see in SOF isn't VB but simple SOF's scripting language or any other scripting language around.

For example have you noticed that the "endif" command in SOF is being written in VB as "End If" ?

This alone is enough to doubt that SOF runs VB code. Further comperisons of the SOF scripting language with the actualy VB reveal more and more evidence that SOF doesn't run VB.

And if even this do not convince you that SOF do not run VB code then why don't you try to run some in one of the scripts ?

Heck, i even offered you my assitence in learning coding but now i changed my mind. I fear now you would see this as an infiltration attempt by the leader of the anti SOF conspiracy to sabotage your moding attempts because of fear from SOF :hmm:

Quote:
when i have allready randomised succesfully almost every aspect of the stock campaign using VB code..
Yeah, you randomized it by using the random function provided by the SOFs scripting language. But what does this have to do with VB ?

Quote:
you can see the problem....some one is just balls out lie-ing...the disturbing thing is WHY???
Dwelling in arrogance ?

The problem is that someone who apparently lacks even a basic understanding of a specific programming language is arguing about a coding matter with an actual coder(Not that i want to sound arrogant). You don't even notice how you redicule yourself with your uneducated statements.

Quote:
i frankly just don't get it...
Dude, learn coding! Learn VB. Then it will become very apparent to you.

Quote:
or rather would prefer it if i didn't get it..
Yeah, dwell in surrealism and prejudices instead. I don't care.

Quote:
either way the thread and the discussion is sabotaged...again WHY?
Because you cannot stop to post your uneducated BS and incite me with your arrogant and offending presumptions. You rip what i say out of the contex, construct some lunatic allegations out of it and start to blame me for the derailing of this thread.

It is actually a very simple matter that what you deal with here is a scripting language and not VB. I still have a lot to learn but I dare to say that i know coding a hell of alot better than you and I simple offered you my sincer advice, and all you do is screem SABOTAAAAAAGE!!!

Only because i was of a different oppinion. Time for amental check, dude.

Coding inwolves among other things, rational, logical and consiquent thinking to a high degree. You seem to kinda lack all of it. Maybe this is the reason why you was never able to learn it ???

Ah you have a strong instinct. But i can tell you from my experience instinct is not the right tool to learn a coding language. Rather is bastract and logical thinking the way to go.

Quote:
trouble is with this situation is that i didn't come here to prove anything..just to have a bit of a natter about modding SOF....
Nor did I came here to disprove anything, i also just wanted to have a natter about moding SOF. I thought "hey that guy might have dicovered something really interesting about it. Want to look into it too and eventually help him out."

After looking into it i gave you my sober and sincer assesment of it that is based on a couple of years of coding and scripting/moding experience of other games and general understanding of programming languages. In no way did I had the intention to discourage your modding attempts or somehow put SOF down(what you apparently seem to think).

But apparently that wasn't an assesment you liked to hear. And because it diverged so much from your own "intuitive" "assesment" based on your diffuse understanding of coding(if you have any at all) you started to call me a saboteur, what let's me think that you are indeed an egocentric narcist who lives somewhere between reality and phantasy. You seem to switch between them at will, rip it out of context and coming back with rediculous insolent allegations.

Well, if you preffer to deceive yourself and others about the VB issue then be my guest, it doesn't matters after all. Rationality can never win agains irrationality. So i will loose this debate anyway.

Quote:
i'm too old to be an "ego trip junkie"
MUAHAHAHA :rotfl:

Sorry couldn't resist. That is so ironically

Quote:
...and often it succesfully hides behind the skirts of forum etiquette..really there isn't an effective way to deal with it that doesn't at the same time ruin the pleasure of discussion out right ,forcing you inexorably into the "ego battle".(we all have one after all..) you have to "win" or "lose".there can be no nattering about what you enjoy if what you are talking about threatens some one else's "area of expertise or percieved forum status"..the spin doctors have won the day again...
It is not my field of expertise that feels threatened, nor my forum status. And if you don't agree with me that SOF cannot run VB code, fine!

What made me pissed off are your insolent allegations of sabotaging your moding attempts because of fear of SOF. You seem to be pretty trigger happy when it comes down to express your prejudices and insolent allegations, and to make the irony perfect you then wonder about people starting with you "ego battles". And as if this wouldn't be enough you come with a phrase like this:
Quote:
i'm too old to be an "ego trip junkie"
I can't help but start to laugh out loud

And no in no way do i fear SOF, especially not after i saw what it actually is. It is actually the opposite. It will only raise the interest in WWI subsims what is only of benefit for my own project.

And actually i even like SOF to some extent. Sometimes it really hooks me up for some time. Knowing how damn hard it is to pull out a project from scratch i very well aknowledge what the SOF devs pulled out with the limited resources of a budget project. I also recognize that there were pretty high ambitions behind the project and it could have to turned out a really fine sim when they would had some more budget. That it comes with a scripting language at all is phantastic, actually. I hope you have a good time with it(and this is a sincer wish for you from my side). I certainly welcome it that someone finally started to mod SOF, since i too would like to see what all can be pulled out of it.

Anyway you are on your own now, since you awefully discouraged me to help you out anymore. You successfullysabotaged my SOF moding attempts

I almost know in advance how you will reply, so save it. Use your time instead to implement more VB code into SOF instead

I think we are pretty much done with each other. I also hope you are not angry on me as i am not on you. The whole thing isn't worth it. I hope this is at least something we can agree on.

I hope I will be able to resist to post here anymore, since i do not want to "sabotage" your attempts to run VB code in SOF.

Also thanks for the neat clash, it was very entertaining at times and keept me lough out loud quite often.

BTW: If you want to avoid "ego clashs" in the future just put the gun down.

--Deamon has left the building
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-07, 06:26 AM   #157
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Default to get back to reality

SOF EARLY WAR CAMPAIGN
FULLY RANDOMISED WITH CHANGING WEATHER...

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/SOF/SOF_random_campaign1W.zip

because actions speak louder than words...even on a forum..
and i'm sick of talking about it...you can shoot ME down in flames
but that's just BS...(and from a SubSim.com moderator too...) the above linked campaign is indisputable...

but yes.. indeed.. your right i was a fool for thinking this was the correct place to openly discuss modding ...especailly this particular SubSim...wrong place wrong time..your quite right..it isn't possible..lol
i could have come in here and slagged this game off till the cows came home and i would never have got an argument from any-one..
so you'll have to excuse me for not taking any of this BS seriously

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 09-29-07 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-29-07, 07:55 AM   #158
j_o_nn_y
Loader

Downloads: 58

It would be nice to mod the game with your mods CB, but it never loads for me. Just crashes with an error report when the loading bar goes across the screen. Is there any chance someone could fix this or know how to get round it. Im asking this in this post as Strategy First technical support are useless. Keep wanting me to send DXdiag etc when I have downloaded all updated drivers for graphics cards etc..
j_o_nn_y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-07, 08:07 AM   #159
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_o_nn_y
It would be nice to mod the game with your mods CB, but it never loads for me. Just crashes with an error report when the loading bar goes across the screen. Is there any chance someone could fix this or know how to get round it. Im asking this in this post as Strategy First technical support are useless. Keep wanting me to send DXdiag etc when I have downloaded all updated drivers for graphics cards etc..
would that be the game never loads as stock..or the modded campaign never loads?

W.B.Yeats
Old 09-29-07, 03:41 PM   #160
CB..
Ace of the Deep

* int IRandom(int min, int max);
* Gives an integer random number in the interval min <= x <= max.
* (max-min < MAXINT).
* The resolution is the same as for Random().

the above an explanation of the irandom code function from microsoft.com

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

and here an example of it's use in an functioning SOF mission script

irandom [num1],$1,$27

//////////////////////////////////////

If <Boolean expression> then
one or more statements that
are executed if the Boolean
expression is true
Else
one or more statements that
are executed if the Boolean
expression is false
End If

the above an explanation of the IF ELSE function from microsoft.com

/////////////////////////////////////

and here it's use in a functioning this time entirely STOCK SOF mission script

if
SetCondition [feind1]
then
KiSetCommand [ship1],$9,8000,4000,3000,[feind1]
else
if
!Setcondition [order1]
then
SimSetSpeeddirect [ship1],10
KiSetCommand [ship1],$d,-0.785,10,0,$0
endif
endif

//////////////////
and here i have combined both functions to randomise the early war campaign

# Nah Patrouille 23.08.1914 ( 3001)
id mysim
int num
int num1
int num2
int num3
int num4
int num5
int numT
float gt
int processed
int weather
int processed2
int weather2
int processed3
int weather3

phase init
SetDescriptionMapTexture "ordermap_nordsee.jpg"
SetTimeLimit $0
StartTime 11.0, 15.0
CampaignStartDate

ChangeGeoPivot 8,53
irandom [num],$1,$3
if
sameint [num],$1
then
Weather "sun"
endif
if
sameint [num],$2
then
Weather "rainsun"
endif
if
sameint [num],$3
then
Weather "sunrise"
endif

irandom [numT],$1,$27
if
sameint [numT],$1
then
*SDensity1914
endif
if
sameint [numT],$2
then
*SDensity1914
*TOstengland
endif
if
sameint [numT],$3
then
*SDensity1914
*TOstengland
*TKanal
endif
if
sameint [numT],$4
then
*SDensity1914
*TOstengland
*TKanal
*PKanal
endif
if
sameint [numT],$5
then
*SDensity1914
*TOstengland
*TKanal
*PKanal
*MKanal
endif
if
sameint [numT],$6
then
*SDensity1914
*TOstengland
*TKanal
*PKanal
*MKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$7
then
*TOstengland
*TKanal
*PKanal
*MKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$8
then
*TKanal
*PKanal
*MKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$9
then
*PKanal
*MKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$10
then
*MKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$11
then
*SDensity1914
*MKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$12
then
*SDensity1914
*TKanal
*PKanal
*MKanal
endif
if
sameint [numT],$13
then
*SDensity1914
*TOstengland
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$14
then
*TOstengland
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$15
then
*TOstengland
*PKanal
*MKanal
endif
if
sameint [numT],$16
then
*TOstengland
*PKanal
*MKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$17
then
*TKanal
*PKanal
endif
if
sameint [numT],$18
then
*TOstengland
*TKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$19
then
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$20
then
*MKanal
endif
if
sameint [numT],$21
then
*TKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$22
then
*SDensity1914
*PKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$23
then
*SDensity1914
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$24
then
*SDensity1914
*TKanal
*MKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$25
then
*TOstengland
*PKanal
*MNordSee
endif
if
sameint [numT],$26
then
*PKanal
*MKanal
endif
if
sameint [numT],$27
then
*TOstengland
endif

CreateSimulationObject [mysim],"ufp"
SetPositionGeo [mysim],8.214,53.5399,0
BindToController [mysim]
irandom [num1],$1,$27
if
sameint [num1],$1
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 6.353, 55.608, 50000, $2d0
SetMissionGoalText $0,"Patrol in Target Area",$1,"Target Area"
endif
if
sameint [num1],$2
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 5.338, 54.577, 50000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$3
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 6.353, 55.608, 50000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$4
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 3.483, 52.963, 50000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$5
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 3.277, 51.486, 10000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$6
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 3.183, 51.744, 30000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$7
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 2.455, 51.389, 30000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$8
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 3.183, 51.744, 30000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$9
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 2.455, 51.389, 30000, $2d0
SetMissionGoalText $0,"Patrol in Target Area",$1,"Targetz Area"
endif
if
sameint [num1],$10
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 4.167, 58.484, 50000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$11
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 3.651, 59.862, 50000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$12
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 7.466, 57.417, 60000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$13
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 3.234, 54.680, 30000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$14
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 0.604, 57.668, 50000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$15
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", -2.840, 58.852, 30000, $2d0
SetMissionGoalText $0,"Go to Target Area",$1,"Target Area"
endif
if
sameint [num1],$16
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 3.901, 52.581, 15000, $2d0
SetMissionGoalText $0,"Go to Target Area",$1,"Target Area"
endif
if
sameint [num1],$17
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", -1.141, 56.265, 75000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$18
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 10.372, 66.666, 75000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$19
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea",6.788, 64.595, 75000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$20
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", -3.742, 60.263, 75000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$21
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 0.854, 60.847, 75000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$22
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", -1.425, 56.569, 50000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$23
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea",0.721, 55.679, 50000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$24
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", 0.253,55.287, 75000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$25
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", -1.141, 56.265, 75000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$26
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", -11.069, 53.020, 75000, $2d0
endif
if
sameint [num1],$27
then
DefineMissionGoal $0,"StayArea", -0.818, 55.641, 50000, $2d0
endif
DefineMissionGoal $1,"StayArea", 8.129, 53.49, 3000, $1,$3
SetMissionGoalText $1,"Rückkehr zur Basis",$1,"Heimatgebiet"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"FleeNorth#borneo#6.353,55.608,50000,720#0"

#Mission
ApplyStateEngine $0,"TradeRouteFour#Borneo,1#-1.698,56.719#1.593,53.601#6.840,54.450#-1.698,56.719#12"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"TradeRouteFour#Berberis,2#2.380,51.776#4.047,5 5.892#-2.069,58.676#5.218,54.278#15"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"Traderoutefour#Prometheus,3#-2.704,56.143#-0.795,56.081#0.858,53.377#1.975,52.607#10"
irandom [num2],$1,$11
if
sameint [num2],$1
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#lion#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#10"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#zerst3#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#10"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$2
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#iron_duke#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#11"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#zerst3#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#11"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$3
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#iron_duke#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#12"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#lion#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#12"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$4
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#aylwn#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#13"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#zerst2#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#13"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$5
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#aylwn#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#14"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#cuba#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#14"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$6
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#cressy#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#15"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#zerst2#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#15"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$7
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#iron_duke#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#16"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#zerst3#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#16"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$8
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#iron_duke#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#17"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#lion#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#17"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$9
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#aylwn#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#18"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#zerst2#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#18"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$10
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#aylwn#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#19"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#cuba#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#19"
endif
if
sameint [num2],$11
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#cressy#-2.600,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#20"
ApplyStateEngine $0,"ThreePoint#zerst2#-2.615,58.900,300000000#-0.200,59.900#-0.400,57.700#20"
endif

irandom [num3],$1,$3
if
sameint [num3],$1
then
AddPositionTracker $1,$630,"Von Admiralität.\\To .\U-Boote.\Hostile contact.\\Position: %s\Course: %d\\Instructions,\if possible.\Attack.\if current orders\allow!"
endif
if
sameint [num3],$2
then
AddPositionTracker $2,$630,"Von Admiralität.\\To .\U-Boote.\Enemy contact.\\Position: %s\Course: %d\\Instructions,\Confirm this contact.\ And Attack.\if current orders allow\Kaptain!"
endif
if
sameint [num3],$3
then
AddPositionTracker $3,$630,"Von Admiralität.\\To .\U-Boote.\British contact.\\Position: %s\Course: %d\\Instructions,\Confirm this contact.\ And Attack.\if current orders allow\Kaptain!"
endif

irandom [num4],$1,$3
if
sameint [num4],$1
then
AddRandomShips "Attack#zerst3#6.840,54.450,200000#20",1120
endif
if
sameint [num4],$2
then
AddRandomShips "Attack#zerst3#0.858,53.377,200000#20",1120
endif
if
sameint [num4],$3
then
AddRandomShips "Attack#zerst3#2.380,51.776,200000#20",1120
endif

irandom [num5],$1,$3
if
sameint [num5],$1
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"TradeRouteFour#Zerst3#-1.679,56.726#1.593,53.601#6.840,54.450#-1.698,56.719#12"
endif
if
sameint [num5],$2
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"TradeRouteFour#Zerst3#2.389,51.789#4.047,55.89 2#-2.069,58.676#5.218,54.278#15"
endif
if
sameint [num5],$3
then
ApplyStateEngine $0,"Traderoutefour#zerst3#-2.712,56.148#-0.795,56.081#0.858,53.377#1.975,52.607#10"
endif
EveryFrame
CompleteOnGoal "Willkommen zu Hause!",$2
irandom [weather],$1,$3
if
sameint [weather],$1
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed],$0
greater [gt],36000
then
Weather "mgrain"
setint [processed],$1
endif
endif
if
sameint [weather],$2
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed],$0
greater [gt],36000
then
Weather "mgfog"
setint [processed],$1
endif
endif
if
sameint [weather],$3
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed],$0
greater [gt],36000
then
Weather "mgsun"
setint [processed],$1
endif
endif
irandom [weather2],$1,$3
if
sameint [weather2],$1
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed2],$0
greater [gt],70000
then
Weather "mgsun"
setint [processed2],$1
endif
endif
if
sameint [weather2],$2
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed2],$0
greater [gt],70000
then
Weather "mgrain"
setint [processed2],$1
endif
endif
if
sameint [weather2],$3
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed2],$0
greater [gt],70000
then
Weather "mgfog"
setint [processed2],$1
endif
endif
irandom [weather3],$1,$3
if
sameint [weather3],$1
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed3],$0
greater [gt],280000
then
Weather "mgsun"
setint [processed3],$1
endif
endif
if
sameint [weather3],$2
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed3],$0
greater [gt],280000
then
Weather "mgrain"
setint [processed3],$1
endif
endif
if
sameint [weather3],$3
then
GameTime [gt]
ifall
sameint [processed3],$0
greater [gt],280000
then
Weather "mgfog"
setint [processed3],$1
endif
endif
Endphase
end

showing perfectly how the raw VB code has been combined with the more natural SOF mission script code to randomise the in mission events...the as i have allready stated truly remarkable thing here is that you do not need an external mission generator to do this...the actual SOF mission script it self becomes the mission generator in effect...

i DO hope this doesn't freak any one else out.(or perhaps that should be any-one ELSE IF out)..as i'm getting a bit tired of it by now....:rotfl:

grow up people

a jokes a joke...but rank stupidity is just rank stupidity and i wouldn't want to think that of any-body here...? or should i?

the only possible argument is to debate what PRECISE form of code we are talking about here.. visual basic..visual studio..visual net..C++ even perhaps javascript....but that would be nit picking to the extreme as these functions are used in one shape or another by nearly if not all such code

if you cannot believe it works.....download the campaign and run it...if you cannot believe it works after that then contact microsoft and inform them of their mistakes ...or consult a doctor..

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 09-29-07 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-29-07, 04:54 PM   #161
ICR3D
Nub

Purchased this game after reading the discussions in this forum. It is a quality product and nothing budget about it.

I have used CB's voice files and random campaign files without problems BUT make sure you delete the 'readme.txt' that came with the files. It crashed SOF when I failed to do so.

BTW, MoBo (the maneuvering board software) works fine with this game.
ICR3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-07, 05:31 PM   #162
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Cheers...yup nowt wrong with the game ..i'd play it just to see the ship models in action...even if that was all there was to it...the fact it is moddable makes it fun to experiment with as well....sorry to hear about the readme.txt problem.....glad you got it sorted

just had a look at the mobo forum...hadn't been in there before....fascinating stuff ..certainly adds a new level of interest to any subsim..can't be bad

W.B.Yeats
Old 09-29-07, 06:03 PM   #163
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB..
and i'm sick of talking about it...you can shoot ME down in flames
but that's just BS...ly (and from a SubSim.com moderator too...)ly
Being a subsim.com mod doesn't strips me off from the right to defend myself. It's granted for anybody to reply to accusations and allegations(including mods). And i think when a mod actually explains his position instead of simple editing someones posts he don't like or ban this person, is a hell of alot better don't you think so ? ( not that i have any mod power here )

I actually HAVE balls to admit what i think. Although i try to avoid it when i see someone can't take it. But sometimes you have no choice but pull the gun.

Quote:
but yes.. indeed.. your right i was a fool for thinking this was the correct place to openly discuss modding
I never said that. Hey no reason to feel hurt now. It's just a game, remember ?

Quote:
...especailly this particular SubSim...wrong place wrong time..your quite right..it isn't possible..lol
Nahh, what actually happened was simple that two guys crossed each others way that should have better stay away from each other. **** happens. I mean how could we know this in advance ?

Some people just can't communicate with each other. I don't blame YOU for that because communication must come from both sides and the time was maybe just not ripe for us.

But luckily there is enough room for everybody to go his own way.

It's unavoidable in live that things like that happen from time to time. Important is just that we do not go overboard with it. And i think we ended this conflict without making the mods locking this thread. This kinda qualifies us as adults. Cheers mate

As you said correctly, it is just about a game, just about having some fun. How people can fight each other because of a game! Unimaginable how people would fight each other for real matters!

Quote:
i could have come in here and slagged this game off till the cows came home and i would never have got an argument from any-one..
I want to encourage you to go ahead and mod it!

It actually makes my heart happy to see people enjoying a WWI subsim and enjoying it so much that they try to mod it

This makes me very VERY happy! I just regret that the thread didn't turned out with us as what we both might have wished it to.

Quote:
so you'll have to excuse me for not taking any of this BS seriously
No problem mate. If this is your honest oppinion then i accept that. I take your right for granted to disagree with me. You see ? I am a very tolerant mod

Have a good time with SOF!

Deamon
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-07, 03:49 AM   #164
CB..
Ace of the Deep

sorry bud but i'm not going to negotiate with terrorists..even small time one's like your self....so you go right ahead and pull that trigger..

W.B.Yeats
Old 09-30-07, 01:56 PM   #165
j_o_nn_y
Loader

Downloads: 58

Its the original game. Crashes when loading. Cant even play it. Spent $19.99 on the downloaded version and so im not too happy.
j_o_nn_y is offline   Reply With Quote