SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-11, 01:25 AM   #106
James Allen
Swabbie

Downloads: 232
Uploads: 0

Will it work with other mods added?
James Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 03:09 PM   #107
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Allen View Post
Will it work with other mods added?
Enable it with JSGME. If JSGME alarm you with any other mod file conflict, then probably that one will not work ok. Well, this is truth for any mod, no?

But I understood your question, WScreen mode isn't just a matter of just new files...to we have working WideScreen on SH3 the GUI also needs adaptation, this is where the conflict may come.

I provided a lot of info on the files, so, perhaps you can adapt it to your own game.
Old 11-21-11, 07:36 PM   #108
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Didn't work with my HDTV, but since I have a zoom option in the Screen Options menu, I set SHIII to windowed mode, stared the game, in 1024 x 768 stock resolution, hit the zzom, and it fits perfect vertically, with sidebars on the horizontal. But hey, at least I can finally play SHIII again! My last monitor wouldn't zoom, and it was a royal pain switching resolutions, and trying to create a resolution that wouldn't make SHIII a stretch scene, which ruined the atmosphere after a while.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 11:22 PM   #109
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

For those of you with an HDTV or have some other hardware or driver configuration that prevents you from having a functioning widescreen mod, and you have had similar disappointing results with Conus' mod, I've discovered that using the d3d9 files and Cameras.dat from the Widescreen MaGUI 3.4 Add-On has given good results for me. Simply copy those files into the appropriate places inside Rubini's Widescreen Mod For SH3/GWX, overwriting the existing files. Then you enable it using JSGME as usual.

My computer's video DVI port is connected to my HDTV's HDMI port. In the ATI Catalyst Control Center, I have GPU Scaling set to Centered with image enlargement and stretching turned off. Catalyst A.I. is set to Standard mode.

It may be that you only need the d3d9 files or just the Cameras.dat to fix your trouble. Just mix-and-match until you get things working. You may need to edit Cameras.dat to get some elements placed correctly, like the binoculars, UZO, or periscope apertures. My own mash-up of these widescreen mods is still a work-in-progress, so I can't offer any help for specific edits at this time.

Finally, after all these years, I have the epic vista of the Atlantic spread out before me in the cinematic format it should always have been from the day SH3 went gold!

My thanks to Rubini, Seeadler, and Makman for all the work they've done to help us enjoy SH3 in all its widescreen glory!

Last edited by Graf Paper; 02-05-12 at 04:50 AM.
Graf Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 03:01 PM   #110
rohan2302
Watch

Downloads: 117

My question is not quite related to this thread but i really need some suggestions on a GUI with automatic TDC and WO assistance or just a nice optics mod until i learn manual targeting. I'm completely bored with the stock periscopes and bino. I tried this mod (i have an 18.5" lcd monitor with a native res of 1366*768) but the d3d9 files didn't work for me.. i tried several different resolutions but none of them filled out my screen. I also tried 'hsgui v3.1' but it kept crashing for some reason. OLC's gui is for manual targeting so i had to rule it out even though i absolutely loved the attention to detail and the textures esp. the big observation periscope. Magui's mod is awesome and it has an automatic solution option but you still have to calculate the range yourself which i haven't learned yet. Is there any way i can just import the wonderful periscope, bino and uzo textures from any of these mods onto my stock silent hunter 1.4b? would i have to tweak several files in order for the interface to work properly? I don't have any supermods since they are all oriented towards high realism and manual tdc etc.
rohan2302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 07:11 PM   #111
Jacobsod
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12

I'm new here but awesome job, works like a charm! Kudos!

-Dj
"Mordrid"
Jacobsod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 02:10 PM   #112
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobsod View Post
I'm new here
Welcome aboard!!!
Old 05-22-12, 07:47 AM   #113
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

I haven't tried this mod. SHIII fits my 23" widescreen monitor just fine. I've had no problems at all without it.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 04:17 PM   #114
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 243

Nice work, Gentleman...

´´There is three kinds of man: the living, the death,
and those who are at Sea.´´

Plato
Red Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 06:04 PM   #115
richardphat
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 17

Does anyone know if running fraps will work with this widescreen mode?
I am planning to buy a wide screen Emachine and since I do alot of footage, I just want to make sure of my shot.

I do recall however, back in the days when we had to play with the .cfg or text file manually, fraps become crazy and not working, where this mod didn't yet exist.
richardphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 11:24 PM   #116
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

Hi richardphat,

the version of FRAPS i have (V 3.2.3) only works with "normal" screen, i.e. 1024x768. Widescreen causes CTD. Perhaps an actual version of FRAPS will run in widescreen too.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 10-14-12, 02:37 PM   #117
codmander
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 59

best mod ever got away from sh3 because looked goofy all streched out ,,, soo its been about 2years ,,, fired it up with this mod AWESOME !! The only prob is sept 39 bump into a kinda determined destroyer so he slapped me around for 5 hours made it home but without parts of my tower,,,,,,,,if those ash can are bad in 39 whats 42 gonna be like,,,,, ggeeeezzz thanks for the work here enjoyin life again
codmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 07:51 AM   #118
Bl00dCat
Watch

Downloads: 20

Sadly, this good-lookin' mod ruins 'Integrated Orders' option in GWX3 Gold.

Last edited by Bl00dCat; 12-11-12 at 12:49 PM.
Bl00dCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 09:42 AM   #119
omar007
Nub

Downloads: 7

Hello all

This is my first post and this makes me the noobiest of the noobs I guess Please bear with me.

Samsung R522
Intel Core Duo P7350 2 GHZ
4 GB RAM
ATI HD 4650
Highest Screen resolution: 1366 X 768
Rerfresh rate: 60 Hertz

Silent Hunter 1.4b and downloaded from gamersgate.

Anywho,
I downloaded WideScreen_complete_GWX&StockSH3

I understand that I will go with "widescreen _sh314b" but realized that readme files do not contain any info regarding what goes where, so to speak.

I got these

d3d9.dll
d3d9.ini

and a folder named "data" which includes 3 subfolders named "Cfg", "Library" and "Menu" respectively. Where do all these go? Do I just transfer those 3 subfolders to main game folder? If I do that do I replace the folders already there or back-up the original folders or what?

Moreover, I got this tool called "JSGME2_6" which I have some idea what it does but not very sure.

Could you please help me figure this out
omar007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 03:08 AM   #120
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar007 View Post
Hello all
This is my first post
Welcome aboard!!!