Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan_d View Post
Thanks. Here is a German translation of the whole:
http://www.barth-engelbart.de/?p=216871

Further, for German tongues:
http://www.science-skeptical.de/klim...-rome/0017988/

Its like I said, Geeta is a monumental publicity stunt, driven and controlled by strong NGO interests in the background that do not so much care for environmentalists, but their own profits and power.

I have learned , however, now two slightly different tales on the bosses in the background controlling her. Names are different, but the basic principle of functioning is the same.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-29-19 at 05:11 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 05:20 AM   #93
johan_d
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 1

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ries-drop-dead

She is a Soros puppet.. nothing more.. globalists.
johan_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 09:20 AM   #94
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 623
Uploads: 7

A David vs Goliath moment if I ever saw one...
I think we all know how it worked out for Goliath.
Canonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 10:03 AM   #95
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
A David vs Goliath moment if I ever saw one...
I think we all know how it worked out for Goliath.

So you approve of using impressionable children as shills for fancy globalist causes then?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 10:34 AM   #96
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Greta Thunberg is a delusional and sadly misinformed person. She needs to get the facts straight. Only listening to climate alarmists and people who use her for personal gain has blinded her to the truth. It's a sad thing to see happening. What she needs to know is not a secret. It is public knowledge.

Quote:
Yes, global warming is real and human-caused, but her vision of climate change as the end of the world is unsupported. The UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change estimates that by the 2070s, the total effects of climate change, including on ecosystems, will be equivalent to a reduction in average income of 0.2 to 2 per cent. By then, each person on the planet will be 300 to 500 per-cent richer.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...y-is-not-evil/

Quote:
Finally, Ms. Thunberg tells us that if we don’t cut off fossil fuels by 2028, the young generation will never forgive us. This, however, is reflective of a blinkered first-world view. When the United Nations asked 10 million people around the world what they prioritize, they highlighted five issues: health, education, jobs, corruption and nutrition. In sum, they care about their kids not dying from easily curable diseases, getting a decent education, not starving to death.

Climate came last of 16 choices. That’s not because it is unimportant, but because for most of humanity, other issues are much more pressing.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 11:11 AM   #97
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

GT is a child that threw school early, gets manipulated, and has a mind that is extremely tunnel-viewed. The latter allows her to realise the object of her focus in greater detail or porecison or clearness than most orindar ypeople do - at the price of loosing the context in which the details are emnbedded and where they interact with other factors. Her dilemma, ihn this regard, reminds me a lot of what in statistics in classical terst theory is called the "reliability-validity-dilemma", the English terminology is different, but I do not know it. The dilemma says that high precision in reliability (=the precision by which a test measures the quality it measure) does at the cost of validity (=htre test measures what it actually shou,d measur ein theoretical cinstrructs), and vice versa. Due to her input and her mind, she may have "great reliability", but she has almost no validity.

In classical test theory, the dilemma cannot be solved. It must be worked around by not trying to test a theoretical constructin one battery, but it must be broken up into several parts which all represent various qualities of said conmstruct/theory, and then get indoiviodually tested with high reliability and low validity, and in a second step these reuslts hten get added together and get combined - which has it sown methodological and statistical problems again. For Greta, my analogy means she needs to get a wider mind, which is very difficult to achieve for an Asperger person and as that tends to be a fanatical perfecitonist and pedantist with a very narrow mind, and she needs much more education and information input from which her social environment is probably shielding her. Asperg people cna learn to widen their mind, in the menaing of leanrign to read the reacitons of othe rpeople correctly and understanding their meaning, although this does not mean that these patterns shown in the behaviour of others can ever have an emotional meaning for an Asperger. But they cna learn to arrnage themsleves with them, and not to colldie with others all time long, and then going off in a nuclear mushroom cloud time and again.

The question is whether the social enviuronment of Greta, inclduing her parents, are giving her this space to develope. I fear not. I fear she will turn increaiosngly into a pedantic, fanatical and non-empathic tyrant that more and more will show no scruples to let others pay the price for her pefectionistic, unreaslistic demands.

Therefore, a world following her, is lost.
Old 09-29-19, 11:36 AM   #98
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

It would be interesting to see how she ages, ie if we do not all die in 10-20-30 years, nor take the measures she pushes for, how would she cope?
Old 09-29-19, 04:21 PM   #99
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Maybe it's me who are interpreting the signals wrong ´cause

I seems to see a tendency of worship of this G.T.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 09:41 PM   #100
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 623
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So you approve of using impressionable children as shills for fancy globalist causes then?
Never said that,sorry...
I do ,however, find it much easier to understand her point of view than anything that might spew forth from the the mouth of a rabid, foaming at the mouth socio-path, malignant narcissist ,adulterer, and serial liar.
Canonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 10:23 PM   #101
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
Never said that,sorry...
I do ,however, find it much easier to understand her point of view than anything that might spew forth from the the mouth of a rabid, foaming at the mouth socio-path, malignant narcissist ,adulterer, and serial liar.

Of course you do. Now I seriously doubt that the President of the United States has rabies but as usual there is no limit to the crazy accusations made by his detractors. Heck they even dug up Barney Frank the other day to accuse Trump of murder.

So yeah to all Trump haters, please keep it up. Please keep spewing that bile and invective. You're doing more to ensure his reelection than the millions in donation his campaign receives because of your false attacks.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 04:27 AM   #102
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

'Yeah, but what about Trump' is not really a valid defense of criticism leveled at Greta.
'Yeah, But what about....' is not really a valid argument for anything.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 04:40 AM   #103
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Maybe if the arguments were partially deflated they'd work better...

<O>
Old 09-30-19, 06:49 AM   #104
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Neo-liberalism is rife .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 07:19 AM   #105
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Hmm, yes.

"Neoliberalism, ideology and policy model that emphasizes the value of free market competition. [...]associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism and free market capitalism."

"Neoliberalism's premise is that free markets can regulate themselves; that government is inherently incompetent, captive to special interests, and an intrusion on the efficiency of the market; that in distributive terms, market outcomes are basically deserved; and that redistribution creates perverse incentives by punishing the economy's winners and rewarding its losers. So government should get out of the market's way."

I do not think that 'Greta' can be accused of that.
However there has been a gigantic success for Greta:
Thomas Cook has cancelled all flights worldwide.

Ahem.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-30-19 at 12:33 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote