SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-07, 08:35 AM   #1561
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Just checked out your first post LV with the latest changes, nice work and nice to include the JSGME Pics

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 09:08 AM   #1562
sasquatch
Medic

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

looks pretty sweet, I'll definately be trying this out...
sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 09:12 AM   #1563
Reno
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 4

Searchlights do look good...

Maybe too good...

Here's my S-36 lit up at 80 feet. I wonder if that'd be visible on the surface.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 09:30 AM   #1564
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwigginton
Hey Leo,

Not sure what going on here. I have TM and ROW installed as per the JSGME screenie. Only seen this since adding the new object reflections. It happens viewing from the deck also. Use the Binos or scope zoom however and it returns to normal. My first screens post so not sure if I got this right.. here goes..

EDIT: Doh! Not sure what I did wrong.. tried to follow your guide but I'm using Firefox and not quite sure what you meant when you said right click on the image and press save. The second screenie is of the same area viewed at zoom.

ryanwigginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 01:21 PM   #1565
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie
Quote:
Quote:
First of all AWESOME work, thank you doesn't come close....

One issue, since downloading the new "ROW_SPecial_Effects_With_Triger_Maru_Zone's " file my torpedoes go straight through the japanese ships, not under, but literally straight into the ship and come out the other side without exploding. Anybody else seen this? :hmm:
I need to know what ships please?!
Um.... All of them so far.... :hmm: I even fired a torp at one of our own tankers in port and it did the same thing.
I hit 2 tankers and a DD in the normal campaign layers and sunk them and also in the school missions I hit everything I used a torpedo on so I do not know what is going on on your side of the tracks. Are you shure the torp's are not going under neath the ship's? Are you running a torpedo mod in your game?

And Wilcke just said he tryed the T.M. zone's file and had no problems so I just don;t know what to do to help at the moment. Try another one of the zone's files in your game and see what happens.

So far I have tested the Light NSM one and the T.M. one with no problems and I found and fixed the one with the stock game one that I found myself.
I had the same problem as Archie today. I was firing a torpedo at an Asashio (spelling???) destroyer and the torpedo went straight through the ship. The second torpedo hit the bow and exploded, but it the destroyer went on as if nothing has happened.

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 04:17 PM   #1566
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I will investigate further and see if I can find anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion2206
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One issue, since downloading the new "ROW_SPecial_Effects_With_Triger_Maru_Zone's " file my torpedoes go straight through the japanese ships, not under, but literally straight into the ship and come out the other side without exploding. Anybody else seen this? :hmm:
Um.... All of them so far.... :hmm: I even fired a torp at one of our own tankers in port and it did the same thing.
I hit 2 tankers and a DD in the normal campaign layers and sunk them and also in the school missions I hit everything I used a torpedo on so I do not know what is going on on your side of the tracks. Are you shure the torp's are not going under neath the ship's? Are you running a torpedo mod in your game?

And Wilcke just said he tryed the T.M. zone's file and had no problems so I just don;t know what to do to help at the moment. Try another one of the zone's files in your game and see what happens.

So far I have tested the Light NSM one and the T.M. one with no problems and I found and fixed the one with the stock game one that I found myself.
I had the same problem as Archie today. I was firing a torpedo at an Asashio (spelling???) destroyer and the torpedo went straight through the ship. The second torpedo hit the bow and exploded, but it the destroyer went on as if nothing has happened.
I will compair the 2 file's line by line and see what I can find out.

BTW you can not use the NSM ship file's with the T.M. and Stock game zone's file's so make sure you do not have the Natuaral Sinking mechanics Sea folder activated if you are using either the Triger maru or Stock zone's file's please make sure on this okay?!
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 04:20 PM   #1567
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default This is probably what I working on right now

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Leo,

Not sure what going on here. I have TM and ROW installed as per the JSGME screenie. Only seen this since adding the new object reflections. It happens viewing from the deck also. Use the Binos or scope zoom however and it returns to normal. My first screens post so not sure if I got this right.. here goes..

EDIT: Doh! Not sure what I did wrong.. tried to follow your guide but I'm using Firefox and not quite sure what you meant when you said right click on the image and press save. The second screenie is of the same area viewed at zoom.

When I tryed to FORCE the game to accept and use the lightning in all aspects of the game I screwed something up. I am workiing with it right at the moment and just need an ingame storm to make sure what I did work's. As soon as I have a confirmation in my own game then I will release a repair file to add and fix this for everyone.
Old 11-14-07, 05:02 PM   #1568
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion2206
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I will compair the 2 file's line by line and see what I can find out.

BTW you can not use the NSM ship file's with the T.M. and Stock game zone's file's so make sure you do not have the Natuaral Sinking mechanics Sea folder activated if you are using either the Triger maru or Stock zone's file's please make sure on this okay?!
I don't use NSM anymore, just TM 1.6.5 and thank you for your hard work!

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 05:36 PM   #1569
skip
Helmsman

Downloads: 379

hmm not sure where I've gone wrong but after downloading all the files and using JSME to install the mods as directed at the start of this thread, I have run into a small problem where all the fires show as very blocky gfx.

I have an 8800gtx and using latest drivers, never had this problem with previous row mods.

Any ideas

Cheers
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 05:40 PM   #1570
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default is normal map's being used in your game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
hmm not sure where I've gone wrong but after downloading all the files and using JSME to install the mods as directed at the start of this thread, I have run into a small problem where all the fires show as very blocky gfx.

I have an 8800gtx and using latest drivers, never had this problem with previous row mods.

Any ideas

Cheers
So far it seems every time I send some one a special file that put's the fire and oil slik textures in both the TNormal and TLowRes file's of the Texture folder it solve's the problem so in your graffic's setting's for the game what do you have checked and are useing?
Old 11-14-07, 05:52 PM   #1571
skip
Helmsman

Quote:
Quote:

Any ideas

Cheers
So far it seems every time I send some one a special file that put's the fire and oil slik textures in both the TNormal and TLowRes file's of the Texture folder it solve's the problem so in your graffic's setting's for the game what do you have checked and are useing?

Iam running game at 1680 x 1050 with all the detail sliders at maximum detail and all the boxes checked apart from window mode and post process filters. BTW Iam using the textures version which includes the sun flair but no flair is displayed.. hope this helps

Thx again
Old 11-14-07, 06:01 PM   #1572
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default okay cool

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any ideas

Cheers

Iam running game at 1680 x 1050 with all the detail sliders at maximum detail and all the boxes checked apart from window mode and post process filters.
Just 2 other questions please. Is the texture folder for the ROW mod near the bottom of the activated list? Another word's is there a chance something over wrote it?

Second did you add the file to the Mod folder with JSGME shut off then turn on JSGME and activated it?
Old 11-14-07, 06:09 PM   #1573
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I little side note about the T.M. zone's file I posted

If you are using T.M. 1.6.5 the NEW zone's file for T.M. I posted is compatable.

If you are using T.M. 1.6.3 then you need the NSM zone's file from this mod.

Ducimus your making me do this!

Last edited by leovampire; 11-14-07 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-14-07, 06:39 PM   #1574
skip
Helmsman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any ideas

Cheers

Iam running game at 1680 x 1050 with all the detail sliders at maximum detail and all the boxes checked apart from window mode and post process filters.
Just 2 other questions please. Is the texture folder for the ROW mod near the bottom of the activated list? Another word's is there a chance something over wrote it?

Second did you add the file to the Mod folder with JSGME shut off then turn on JSGME and activated it?

This is the order of the JSME install

NSM natural sinking mechanics classic v 3.3
Row Camera V 2
Row Sub reflections Roll & Pitch mod
Row object reflections V 2
Row ship reflections V2
Row sea foam - new sea foam
Row Textures with halo
Row special effects classic version
Row Sky + ocean controls
Row clouds Kriller2 3d clouds
Row sound v 4

when i added the row special effects classic this came up

"Zones.cfg" has already been altered by the "1 Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic" mod.
"CargoDef.cfg" has already been altered by the "1 Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic" mod
Old 11-14-07, 06:45 PM   #1575
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Yep that is supose to happen let it install ontop of NSM classic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any ideas

Cheers

This is the order of the JSME install

NSM natural sinking mechanics classic v 3.3
Row Camera V 2
Row Sub reflections Roll & Pitch mod
Row object reflections V 2
Row ship reflections V2
Row sea foam - new sea foam
Row Textures with halo
Row special effects classic version
Row Sky + ocean controls
Row clouds Kriller2 3d clouds
Row sound v 4

when i added the row special effects classic this came up

"Zones.cfg" has already been altered by the "1 Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic" mod.
"CargoDef.cfg" has already been altered by the "1 Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic" mod
Yes that is supose to happen and let it install because I took those 2 file's from NSM and reworked them for the new special effect's this mod does.

Also I sent you a file with a repair for the fire problems you were having in a PM.