SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-14-23, 09:29 AM   #16
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Another month has gone and here's what has been in my rotation

-- Baldur's Gate 3. I have two runs going, one on Balanced in Act 3 with my party maxed at level 12. And a second run on Tactician around level 5. Tactician mode made the Divinity original Sin games for me. In BG3 it does make the combat more difficult, which is what I want, but it is not the same concept as it was in Divinity, which is a miss.

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous -- Much more dense and complex than BG3 is. Pathfinder 1E rules are much more complex than D&D 5th Edition. Whether that is good or bad is subjective. Wrath is more old school, and has way more combat. And the combat can be hard. I had started on Core difficulty and actually turned it down a notch to Daring. This RPG will kick your butt if you are overly ambitious. I would recommend BG3 to anyone, but only recommend this one to RPG grogs.

PGA Tour 2K23 -- New online tournament every week going on a two years now. I run the events so if anyone's keen drop me a line.

Forza Horizon 5 -- Hadn't played since last December but there has been much added so I gave it a look and have been having a blast with it once again. Using my full wheel and seat setup is way better than the controller I had been using before.

Fallout 76 -- Haven't been on much over the past month, but I drop in for short bursts every few days.
Old 10-15-23, 11:34 AM   #17
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

The Wife Unit purchased BG3 for me and I have been enjoying it.

My problems with games like this is that I have a very hard time focusing on one class. I have seven "main toons" and that's not counting about 5 that I made and deleted.

Every class I have played offers something different and special.

Currently, I am forcing myself to focus on my warlock. It can melee and cast quite nicely.

Darkness and Devil Sight are a game changer for big battles.
Old 10-15-23, 12:40 PM   #18
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Janes IAF Israeli Air Force

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-23, 01:27 PM   #19
Kapt Z
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 153

Actively-

Silent Hunter 3/GWX3/Commander
Medieval Total War 2
Sid Meiers Pirates!

Inactive, but still on my machine-

Crusader Kings 2
Rise of Flight
Cliffs of Dover
Silent Hunter 4/TMO
Old 10-16-23, 09:38 AM   #20
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
My problems with games like this is that I have a very hard time focusing on one class. I have seven "main toons" and that's not counting about 5 that I made and deleted.

Completely understandable, and I often start a second run having gotten used to a game like this. However, in BG3, respec is cheap and easy. As long as you have Withers in your camp you can respec any character at will for 100 gold. No need to start anew, just respec and try your ideas while you progress through the game.

And of course you can multi-class. If you are having a good time with a warlock, you can multi-class it at any point, as you are probably aware. I played a warlock in my first run and really enjoyed it.

Warlock, being Charisma based, plays well with either a Paladin, Bard or Sorcerer multi. Although in my first run I did Warlock 10 / Fighter 2 so I could get action surge. The Eldritch Blast cantrip scales to player level, not class level, so if you dip in to other classes you still get all your EB beams. If you are playng a melee warlock, you should go Pact of the Blade, if that wasn't already obvious.

The best multi-class I've used is mixing Assassin 5 / Gloomstalker 5 / Fighter 2. This is an amazing multiclass that gives the character so much damage potential. He is using a bow called The Dead Shot with increased crit range. Crit range bonuses stack in 5e. Incredible focus firepower. There are a number of ways you can alter this build slightly depending on how you want it to lean. I really like Uncanny Dodge so went 5 levels in rogue, but most players tweak that slightly and go lighter in rogue class it seems. Like 4/5/3 so they can get Battlemaster. My gloomstalker doesn't melee so I don't care about having maneuvers on him.

My whole party is built around first-turn destruction. This gloomstalker build gets several first-turn bonuses which just wreck. With high initiative he always goes first and can eliminate one or two enemies before anyone else has had a turn. He killed Lorroakan before anyone else got a shot. Very strong multi, this.
Old 10-16-23, 08:29 PM   #21
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Started Cyberpunk 2077 after they released the 2.0 update and the Phantom Liberty DLC. Good to see the game's in a much better shape now and I've been thoroughly enjoying my time in Night City.

After CP2077, it's time to return to Factorio, which I only bought and played for the first time a month or so ago. Finished vanilla game and immediately jumped into the Space Exploration mod. Should keep me occupied for some time.

Probably return to Baldur's Gate 3 when I get sick of looking at conveyor belts.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-23, 12:51 PM   #22
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Another month has gone and this is what has been in my rotation.

-- PGA Tour 2K23. Two years straight since it has NOT been in the rotation

-- Fallout 76. Coming up on 400 hours in this one. It... just works

-- Automobilista Motorsport Simulator 2. Big update coming and the leaderboards have been wiped which curtails my play. But I still need to run the Ring on a regular basis you know.

-- Forza Horizon 5. Just a fun racer. Always stuff to do, great cars to drive. The ideal game when I just want to have fun for 45 minutes

-- Way of the Hunter. Picked up the new Africa reserve (Tikamoon Plains) and weapons pack. Top hunting sim. New reserve is fantastic, and I like it a lot more than COTW's Vurhonga

-- F1 23. The best edition in the series. The racing is as good as ever, but this year's title brings more chaos and I'm here for it. More AI driver mistakes, yellow flags, safety cars and red flags! The best and most convincing action out on the track in the series. I had dismissed the revamped F1 World content, but gave it a go anyway and it turns out to be fun and engaging.

-- Call of the Wild. Having got back in to WOTH, I had to get back in to this one too. There's a new Aussie reserve (Emerald Coast) but I'll pick that up when it goes on sale.

-- Hitman 3. The Freelancer mode is straight up my alley and has extended the play time for me exponentially. Fantastic, underrated game, this.