Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-19, 06:40 AM   #1
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Default EasyJet reinforces gender binaries

Quote:
"Ladies and gentlemen" will no longer be used by the budget airline EasyJet to address passengers following a Twitter complaint that the greeting "reinforces gender binaries".

The British airline has reportedly requested cabin crew to substitute the term for "welcome everyone" to foster greater inclusivity.

According to The Sun, the decision to move away from the generic greeting was sparked by a transgender professor at the Birkbeck University of London, Dr Andi Fugard, who took issue with the airline's use of "gender binaries".

"Dear @easyjet, are you in some kind of competition to see how many times you can reinforce gender binaries? 'Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls', perfume strictly segregated again by 'ladies and gentlemen'. Ditch sir/madam too. An organisation as huge as yours must do better," Dr Fugard complained on Twitter in August.

"At EasyJet we do not discriminate against any individual - passengers or staff members," the airline responded.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...id=mailsignout
Just wasted a couple of minutes of your life reading this as I did?

This is said 'individual' Dr Fugard

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 07:03 AM   #2
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Nobody cares, even most trans people dont care, its just a handful preachy ideologues like that entitled pillock^ who like to exert power over people while showing off their moral superiority.
One day society will learn to just politley say 'no' to the woke brigade, and alot of this nonsense will stop. but as long as everyone keeps bending the knee it will never stop, because for these kind people it will NEVER be enough.
Most of these 'issues' now are no longer about 'human rights', they just about first world, middle class consumer comfort.

Being made to feel comfortable is nice, but its not a right -and only the petulant child / adult baby thinks it is

Last edited by JU_88; 12-31-19 at 07:46 AM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 07:45 AM   #3
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

I'm sad to say that Air Canada did this back in October.

https://nationalpost.com/news/air-ca...eutral-welcome

The wokescolds and hyper politically correct want to rule the world.

Nobody cares and the eventual backlash is coming.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 07:53 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Unfortunately many care, and are very loud about it. Unfortunately polticians, these opportunistic standard-free bastards, listen to them, to get their votes.

Joanne Rowling earned a ****storm recently when she defended Maya Forstater.
If I summarize that story in brief, Rowling was attacked because she said that there are women and that there are men - thats it in a nutshell The judge who sentenced Maya Forstateter had made a total ape of himself, an intellectually selfmutilated fool. When I red the reasons for the judgement that he gave, i could not beleive that someody could argue so obviously stupid. The court session about Maya Forstater already was dubious.

The West is turning into a continental mental asylum. Genetics mean nothing. Medical research means nothing, proof and evidenc,e scientific methodlogy, trial and error means nothing. Reality is what people wish it were, and the insivisoble pet friends that little chldren play with, all of a sudden are taken for real by adults.

Depressing. Sometimes it reminds me of the events that Brian W. Aldiss describes to happen aboard thta space station Avernus in his novel trilogy Helliconia. A total and complete perverting and then collapsing of civilization, that kleads about sexual deviations to the incubstion if giant gentials walkign around, consuming the the humans, and finally it all comes down to a huge fall back to anarchic pre-stoneage times and blood and meat and cannibalism.
Old 12-31-19, 08:01 AM   #5
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Many care? Yeah but Most dont sky

Woke Politicans dont win elections
Woke movies and TV shows flop
Woke media outlets are going bust or issuing mass lay offs
Woke Universities are seeing their enrollments dropping.
Shall i go on?

You never heard the term 'get woke, go broke'? Turns out people dont like being preached to, who'd have thought... :P
Old 12-31-19, 01:18 PM   #6
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The West is turning into a continental mental asylum. Genetics mean nothing. Medical research means nothing, proof and evidenc,e scientific methodlogy, trial and error means nothing. Reality is what people wish it were, and the insivisoble pet friends that little chldren play with, all of a sudden are taken for real by adults.
You and I disagree on a lot of things Skybird but this isn't one of them.

The Authoritarian Left is playing the long game. It's been going on for some time. People on the right/conservatives tend to believe in certain freedoms i.e. freedom of speech. But more and more people on the left want things like speech restricted or controlled. And there is something more problamatic. It is not enough that they want to believe certain things like a non binary view of gender. They demand that others believe it as well. They cannot stand a view that disagrees with theirs. They are children and should be treated as such.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 01:30 PM   #7
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Nobody cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Nobody cares[..]
This. I feel like it's two very loud minorities complaing about these issues.
None of this has affected my RL nor internet life.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 01:48 PM   #8
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

In the world of entertainment the Fandomence is shouting back at TV Companies and Hollywood against their woke sjw agenda. Big movies like Terminator DF has flopped and that pile of cack passing itself off as the last star wars movie has not done as well as predicted. Just a heads up Bond fans forget the new movie coming out its going to be woke.

But there may be some light, the up coming Ghostbusters afterlife produced by the same team who did that woke one a few years ago have by passed that one in the teaser trailer saying...There has been no ghost sighting for 30 years, clearly learning from their mistakes we hope.

As for outside entertainment lets hope we are turning a corner against this garbage.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 03:10 PM   #9
JU_88
Silent Hunter

I honestly could not care less if a movie protagonist is black white male female whatever, if the acting, script, plot cinematography are good thats all that matters.

Its unfortunate that for those forcing diversity in to casting, that alone is often not woke enough for them, no they must also deliver a woke politcal message, which involves inflicting guilt and shame on much of their audiance - and yes this takes precendence over things like plot and character development.
So the movie will often be bad. And when everyone hates it, they use that as ammunition / confirmation of how biased and intertolerent society still is and why their work is needed.
(Conveniently brushing aside decades of past great films starring many a great actress and non white actors as if they didn't exist and it was them who were the pioneers of this diversity)
What a joke.

Starwars' Rey is good example, While she is not a bad actress or protagonist, because she is female there is this weird need to over compensate for past female tropes who show emotion and vulnerablility, so they make her a 'kick-ass stong woman' to the point she is invincible and instantly brilliant at every challenge she is faced with, she shows no weakness, she never seems to struggle or screw anything up.

That just makes her unrelatable, unbelivable and boring.
Its like film making 101, how Hollywood types cant see it, I dont understand. I guess this is what ideolgy does to people.

Think this is one of the biggest problems with progressives now, they seem to have this delusion that if they push hard enough they can some how 'fix the past' .... but of course, they can't.

Last edited by JU_88; 12-31-19 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-31-19, 06:02 PM   #10
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Remember, its EasyJet.
They should just change the announcement to "Listen up, you sods. If anyone spits on the floor they're getting heaved out the door".

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 11:21 AM   #11
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

You guys really are exhausting sometimes.

There's nothing like reading grown men spend their time complaining about "woke sjw culture".

WAY TO SHOW THEM, GUYS.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk