SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-12, 03:09 PM   #61
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Leitender,

I´m very proud that you yet use so old mod (i use it too!). The stay alert crew mod was one of the most balanced sensors mod to date. I will reply you more carefully asap...I´m now for the first time, having success in making scripts for SH3 and just now make my fiirst real success...so i will finish something there first and will come here to reply to you.
Old 03-18-12, 06:58 PM   #62
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Fine. I´ll wait for your reply. Thank you for your time.
Greetings.
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 02:29 PM   #63
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi all,

I've tried to add new sensor data to the AI_Sensors.dat, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work It seems that the game uses only the first sensor data

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 04:05 PM   #64
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi all,

I've tried to add new sensor data to the AI_Sensors.dat, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work It seems that the game uses only the first sensor data

Regards, LGN1
Thats is odd...sh3 is really full of traps.
Thanks to share mate!
Old 03-26-12, 03:55 AM   #65
Leitender
Planesman

LGN1:

You must also create a new sensor (e.g. R02 for a Radar system which differentiates in range between planes and ships) to the ship´s sns-file AND create a new cfg-node to the ship´s dat-file. Compare it to the existing sensors an you will see.

Rubini:

May i ask again for the reason why you increased hydrophone range in that way? Thank you very much.
Old 03-26-12, 05:37 AM   #66
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitender View Post
LGN1:

You must also create a new sensor (e.g. R02 for a Radar system which differentiates in range between planes and ships) to the ship´s sns-file AND create a new cfg-node to the ship´s dat-file. Compare it to the existing sensors an you will see.

Rubini:

May i ask again for the reason why you increased hydrophone range in that way? Thank you very much.
Yes, you can!
Ok, on the Stay Alert crew sensors mod I limited the Hydro max range by the motives wrotes on the readme: Sh3 allow you to listen until 30km (not more) but the sonarman only can follow sound contacts in distances lower than 25km. This is why i opted to max ranges lower than 25km in that mod. But now, after have played SH5 a bit (which have the same limitations) but major stock hydro distances, i liked the idea to have more long range hydro detections anyway (more yet after this "layers" workaround). I guess that it add to game play, (more contacts, more fun), although taking in mind the above explained limitations. So, in the end: just taste!
Old 03-26-12, 12:47 PM   #67
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi all,

Regards, LGN1
oh well...with also LGN1 in this,i feel even more secure ! i see the community 'closing' to a project that always wanted: good working sensors !

just a note guys : setting ranges to follow realistic values will not make the game better...on the contrary ! some radars had ability to spot a ship from 40km in real life so what will you do ? set this radar to 40km ? will be a disaster for gameplay
my opinion is that the proposions must be 'kept' to all sensors starting ,as reference point, from the max visuality range at clear day (and then adjusting accordinally all other sensors).as this is 'limited' to 20km or 16km (availiable enviros) then all the sensors must 'follow' analogicaly this limitation and ,by this way, will 'mirroring' a smaller model of the real world.

very interesting theme here !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-12, 01:13 PM   #68
Leitender
Planesman

Hi Rubini,

thank you very much for your extensive reply. makman´s objection also was my thought when i remembered the other sensors, esp. visuals and radars. On the other hand, sensors with a wider range than player´s visibility although work.

Another thing is: I cannot say for sure, but is there maybe the sensor for Balkongerät_TypeXXI missing in your .cam-file? In the original sensors.dat, you´ll find it quite at the end of the file.

Let me also tell you that i made some tests with the MaxSensorHeight value. First i checked the original GWX data (GHG -8m, KDB -3m, Balkon -9m), then i built in each sensor one by one and tested at which depth i could use the hydrophone. Surprising result: For each hydro i got more or less the same depth: between 9.5m and 11m. So i set Maxsensorheight=0 for Balkon, because in real life the boats could use this hydro when surfaced, but no change: The hydrophon man began its work at a 10m depth. My testing configuration was GWx3.0, using a TypeVIIB in 1944, exchanging the sensors by changing the corresponding basic.cfg value for the correct hydro, then sat in front of the hydro and paid attention to the depth, at which my own propeller noise could be heard and at which the "follow nearest contact" order changed from grey (inactive) to white (active) colour. Did you make similar experiences?

Greetings
Old 03-26-12, 02:21 PM   #69
Leitender
Planesman

Hi Rubini, once again.

Bad news. There´s no sound when you hear for contacts by yourself. Your sonar man doesn´t report contacts either. "Follow nearest..." orders are inactive. All this happens though contact line is displayed at F5 map view and you can ask your hydro man for new contacts.

Old 03-26-12, 03:01 PM   #70
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
LGN1:

Hi Leitender,

thanks for the information. Have you tried it? Does it work? I always thought the game cannot handle two radars/hydrophone/visuals,... at the same time

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-12, 04:06 PM   #71
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hi Rubini, once again.

Bad news. There´s no sound when you hear for contacts by yourself. Your sonar man doesn´t report contacts either. "Follow nearest..." orders are inactive. All this happens though contact line is displayed at F5 map view and you can ask your hydro man for new contacts.

AFAIK, as i said above, the sonarman only start to "follow sound contacts" order in 25km or less. The maximum player audible sounds is more or less 30km. And really I forgot the Balkon for type XXI!
Old 03-26-12, 04:20 PM   #72
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Rubini...should not the dedicated sonar man be best at reading the sounds?
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-12, 04:48 PM   #73
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Rubini...should not the dedicated sonar man be best at reading the sounds?
Yes, but the game is bugged. Even in stock game you can hear 30km away, but the sonarman only will "follow sound contact order" at 25km or less. A workaround to have all working accordingly is to set the maxranges for hydro to 25km...welll, you yet can hear at 30km..
Old 03-26-12, 05:02 PM   #74
Leitender
Planesman

Hi Rubini,

i regret, but my contact was only 2.5km away. And i cannot even hear my own propellers.

Greetings
Old 03-26-12, 05:48 PM   #75
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hi Rubini,

i regret, but my contact was only 2.5km away. And i cannot even hear my own propellers.

Greetings
You are right!
I just make a quick run and only achieve to listen at hydro station at the most deep hydro sensor (here i could hear any sound at any distance, it´s ok...but the others two above layers are deaf for the player (the sonarman is ok). Although outside of the hydro station all works well...perhaps something more need to be done, a node, an ID, i don´t know.

I will not have free time next days, so will be good if someone more could look at this issue to see if we afind a solution.

For now, only use this mod if you don´t listen the contacts by yourself.

Last edited by Rubini; 03-26-12 at 06:13 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote