SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-13, 06:48 AM   #10
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Regarding the cloud textures, Seeadler created some excellent ones in his first sky mod. I should have it lying around on a back up disk somewhere, will look for it.

Quote:
5. They dont alter sensors in anyway. Are really an eye candy immersion type of thing only.
I was hoping for volumetric fog, but probably it's just a matter of combining the existing fog as "wall" with your solution placed between the wall and the uboat. If made thin enough it would be perfect to see patches and fumes of fog floating in the visible distance and then the "wall" of denser fog with much less visibility behind. 3D clouds can be eyecandy, but 3D fog would be a boost in realism. Any chance you can link the 3D fog to the game dense fog, so both appear at the same time?

Quote:
1. The clouds are particles and have the same behaviour from smokes on sh3. The more noticiable is that they vanish when you look to them very close.
That also happens with real life clouds, even if they don't dissapear completely it's very different to look at a cloud from 1000 feet below (Appears solid) than to be on a mountain and have the cloud around you -it loks as fog then and closeby you don't see it really.