SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-08, 10:41 AM   #1
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default 688i Patch

I am looking for a clean copy of this v1.07 Realism Patch for 688i. I have been to multiple website and they are all virus or junk files. Does anyone have this file or know of a place that I can got ot get this file. I have rekindled my fire for these types of games since I recentyl undusted my copy of SHII from my spare room last weekend and reloaded it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-08, 01:21 PM   #2
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok I got the one from the download site now my problem is I have no clue where to put this file to make it work. I am not really sure if it has to go in a certain file or if I just open it up and it works like that. Any help would be appreciated. I know how to get my way around the computer, but am not familiar with making programs like this work. Any help would be appreciated
Old 01-14-08, 02:39 PM   #3
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Just unzip that file into the 688i Hunterkiller Folder.

Did you get the patch update from the Sonalysts website ? Their latest 688i patch includes the "Realism Patch" in it.

Look on the bottom of this page.
http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/g...downloads.html

If you got 688i Hunterkiller in the Naval Combat Pack, no update files are nessisary. It incorporates the realism patch and all the latest patches.

If you are installing from an old original CD, and you are running Windows XP or 2000, first you want to get the "Renderware DLLs for Win2000" Unzip the files into the 688i Hunterkiller folder and choose to overwrite all files..

Then download the "Patch 1.07 (English)" unless you want one for one of the other languages there. This will bugfix and give you the "Realism Patch in one pop" You just unzip the file into the 688i folder and choose to overwrite all files.
Old 01-14-08, 10:16 PM   #4
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you, that worked as directed!
Old 06-26-11, 03:35 PM   #5
eddievhfan1984
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Yeah, I tried it out myself, but I'm having issues trying to turn the 3D view back on. I can't find the .ini file requested in the readme, nor can I find a registry entry pertaining to the program. Help?
eddievhfan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote