SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-22, 10:28 AM   #1
BrassMonkey
Seaman

Downloads: 1129
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 DVD launch game error

this is the error;
Protection System
This application can be launched with release version of Microsoft Windows 95

OSR2.1/98/ME/NT 4.02000/XP/Server 2003 only.

I installed from the disk, then went to launch, and this came up
So I install the patches [ not sure if they were in right order etc.]
same thing
With these Mods out, I'm wanting to go back and play with the cool mods to all my older games etc..
Thank you
BrassMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 11:48 AM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi BrassMonkey ive sent you a PM with my Mediafire download link to SH3 from this original install (already patched to 1.4)
also i would delete all your old SH3 Files and start with a new install so to speak
Once you have downloaded SH3 and unzipped it place on Drive C:/ then run the Stock SH3 game play Happy time mission SH3 will then Make a SH3 Folder in your Documents for all your Carrer saves then install what super Mods you like Ensure you install the 4Gig patch (and tell it where your SH3 is located) so SH3 has more usable game memory so game wont crash

Ensure you install SH3 outside program files x86 like just on Drive C:/ so you dont have all the windows protection causing you grief

4Gig Patch download link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5737

Commander Mod 3.2 download link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4789

GWX Bin Files and GWX Commander config file download link

http://www.thegreywolves.com/

At Subsim the Pride runs deep we look after our own Salute Sir

Please let me know how you get on with your new SH3 install if you need any help getting squared away I or one of the other time served Guys will help you just reply to this post.

Last edited by blackswan40; 02-11-22 at 12:34 PM.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 02:58 PM   #3
BrassMonkey
Seaman

Default SH4 System protection error

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi BrassMonkey ive sent you a PM with my Mediafire download link to SH3 from this original install (already patched to 1.4)
also i would delete all your old SH3 Files and start with a new install so to speak
Once you have downloaded SH3 and unzipped it place on Drive C:/ then run the Stock SH3 game play Happy time mission SH3 will then Make a SH3 Folder in your Documents for all your Carrer saves then install what super Mods you like Ensure you install the 4Gig patch (and tell it where your SH3 is located) so SH3 has more usable game memory so game wont crash

Ensure you install SH3 outside program files x86 like just on Drive C:/ so you dont have all the windows protection causing you grief

4Gig Patch download link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5737

Commander Mod 3.2 download link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4789

GWX Bin Files and GWX Commander config file download link

http://www.thegreywolves.com/

At Subsim the Pride runs deep we look after our own Salute Sir

Please let me know how you get on with your new SH3 install if you need any help getting squared away I or one of the other time served Guys will help you just reply to this post.
I uninstalled, then deleted the old folder...THEN restarted my computer, then installed the game, then restarted my computer and installed the patch,,,THEN restarted my computer. SAME error when I launch
REMEMBER; this was installed from the dvd disk that I got back then,,,
it has not asked for my key code [ in which I still have ]
will it even run on Windows 10 ?
thank you for your help anyway
Old 02-11-22, 03:02 PM   #4
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Your Original SH3 DVD with starforce protection is the issue DONT USE IT use the starforce free SH3 download link i sent you (its not a patch its a full SH3 working install in its own SH3 Folder once you unpack it with 7zip) then all will work many of the Subsim members in my friends list have downloaded the same SH3 that i sent you and all works well and they are happy campers so to speak
Yes the SH3 download i sent you will run on windows 10 if you install it outside C:/ Program File X86 install on Drive C:/ or in a Games Folder on Drive C:/

Re you installed the game from your dvd or the SH3 download i sent you if you reinstalled your orginal SH3 dvd then your going to get nowhere you will just be banging your head against the wall

delete your SH3 install commander mod the SH3 folder in your documents copy that to a usb stick or in your music folder then search for any SH3 files fragments and commander mod if its installed this is to ensure that you have a blank canvas so to speak then install SH3 from the download run it all should be fine once you have a working stock SH3 install all is good

you wont be the first SH3 guy to ask for help trying to get their old SH3 dvd to work after several atemps they try the SH3 download and it works and all is well with world

blackswan40 AKA Andrew Oldfield one of Neal Stevens mod gurus I know theres a question of can i trust this guy if i was a bad apple uploading malware ect id only be able to do that once and i would be keyhauled band from subsim
and Mod Guru albert einstein badges are only issued by Onkel Neal Stevens for good eggs that help other Subsim members new and oldsalts alike

When SH3 is your favorite game and you cant get the SH3 DVD to work no matter what you do you feel acked off and fedup have a coffee take a chill pill cigie or a cookie have a another go at it using the download and you will be glad you did follow the instructions i sent you and all will be fine as for a reward you have already thanked me for my help

but the job aint done you need tobe on patrol sinking those tommies being a mod guru its a calling willing to go the extra mile to help a fellow subsimmer get squared away.

Last edited by blackswan40; 02-11-22 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-12-22, 08:55 AM   #5
BrassMonkey
Seaman

Quote:
Your Original SH3 DVD with starforce protection is the issue DONT USE IT use the starforce free SH3 download link i sent you (its not a patch its a full SH3 working install in its own SH3 Folder once you unpack it with 7zip) then all will work many of the Subsim members in my friends list have downloaded the same SH3 that i sent you and all works well and they are happy campers so to speak
Yes the SH3 download i sent you will run on windows 10 if you install it outside C:/ Program File X86 install on Drive C:/ or in a Games Folder on Drive C:/

Re you installed the game from your dvd or the SH3 download i sent you if you reinstalled your orginal SH3 dvd then your going to get nowhere you will just be banging your head against the wall

delete your SH3 install commander mod the SH3 folder in your documents copy that to a usb stick or in your music folder then search for any SH3 files fragments and commander mod if its installed this is to ensure that you have a blank canvas so to speak then install SH3 from the download run it all should be fine once you have a working stock SH3 install all is good

you wont be the first SH3 guy to ask for help trying to get their old SH3 dvd to work after several atemps they try the SH3 download and it works and all is well with world

blackswan40 AKA Andrew Oldfield one of Neal Stevens mod gurus I know theres a question of can i trust this guy if i was a bad apple uploading malware ect id only be able to do that once and i would be keyhauled band from subsim
and Mod Guru albert einstein badges are only issued by Onkel Neal Stevens for good eggs that help other Subsim members new and oldsalts alike

When SH3 is your favorite game and you cant get the SH3 DVD to work no matter what you do you feel acked off and fedup have a coffee take a chill pill cigie or a cookie have a another go at it using the download and you will be glad you did follow the instructions i sent you and all will be fine as for a reward you have already thanked me for my help

but the job aint done you need tobe on patrol sinking those tommies being a mod guru its a calling willing to go the extra mile to help a fellow subsimmer get squared away.
THANK YOU!!!: subsim:
Old 02-15-22, 12:35 PM   #6
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:

Hi, after many years I have a variety of the SH3 releases included the Revival and the Focus versions. Can I use the Revival DVD if this dont have the starforce protection ?. THank you very much

Old 02-15-22, 04:39 PM   #7
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Tonschk SH3 Revival and the Focus SH3 versions should be already Patched to 1.4 and once installed you dont need the dvd in your drive

Ensure you install SH3 outside program Files x86 and all should be fine
Old 02-15-22, 06:24 PM   #8
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Hi Tonschk SH3 Revival and the Focus SH3 versions should be already Patched to 1.4 and once installed you dont need the dvd in your drive

Ensure you install SH3 outside program Files x86 and all should be fine

Thank you very very much for your support