SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-07, 09:32 PM   #121
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

How about integrating B-side of Whiz-wheel as a horizontal sliderule in the map?

Like, since it's gonna more or less clutter the map (5 scales), clean the map first. Then draw the fix scales (upper S scale and the lower "minite" and "second" scales) on the map tga, then middle slide scale ("meter" and "knot") as draggable (it can't fixed vertically but that's compromise).

Perhaps additional small draggable rectangle piece for the hairline of sluderule. This will make easier to read the sliderule and thus can allow ommition of redundant "meter" scale.

Edit:
Kinda tried, not really good... forget it...

Last edited by jimmie; 12-23-07 at 01:22 PM.
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-07, 11:51 AM   #122
Dimitrius07
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

joegrundman

Look like i will have to bother you again with my "not so perfect" ideas.

I working on my small project right now and i desided to make thise changes on your U-Jagd tool (just a cosmetic work).

Take a look and tell me your opinion

Old 12-23-07, 03:21 PM   #123
lutzow
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 103

Wow - this one looks like a UBERCOMPASS !!!
Could you place some little link to this one?

http://hosted.filefront.com/Lutzow1
lutzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-07, 03:32 PM   #124
Dimitrius07
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Offtopic
I working on My own improve TDC system (not a big deal) , the u -jagd stopwach as you can see in the picture, realistic Observation scope and i also planing to give it all in one pack.

The main problems are
Get promision from the GWX project manager, promision from joegrundman (manners come first) and time for testing.

After all the procedures i will give it to everybody so don`t worry lutzow
Old 12-23-07, 07:58 PM   #125
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
How about integrating B-side of Whiz-wheel as a horizontal sliderule in the map?

Like, since it's gonna more or less clutter the map (5 scales), clean the map first. Then draw the fix scales (upper S scale and the lower "minite" and "second" scales) on the map tga, then middle slide scale ("meter" and "knot") as draggable (it can't fixed vertically but that's compromise).

Perhaps additional small draggable rectangle piece for the hairline of sluderule. This will make easier to read the sliderule and thus can allow ommition of redundant "meter" scale.

Edit:
Kinda tried, not really good... forget it...
I've already built the B-sde of the whiz wheel. It is fully functional and will be included in U-jagd1.3

@Dimitrius

I love it! Maybe I can use it? I will send you some PM's with some additional information

Joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-07, 11:56 PM   #126
jimmie
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman
I've already built the B-sde of the whiz wheel. It is fully functional and will be included in U-jagd1.3
WOW!! That sounds interesting!

I've incorporated NYGM's slideout TDC dials into U-jagd. I'm quite sure it's a piece of cake for you to do that but in case you don't have parts and want to save time a bit I can give it to you (well, of course if you ever want to build it in).

BTW, I also made a quick range finder (the yellow one) for 10x scope of GWX2.0. It's not too accurate (I didn't make it scientifically but brute force attack) but you can mostly make out if a target is at 5.5km or 6km, where "locking" of attack periscope is often too hard so can't use stadimeter.
Old 12-24-07, 12:23 AM   #127
jimmie
Lieutenant

The integrated attackdisk is one of the most must-have tools

It's not only historical tool but because it is integrated into the game, the disk makes target plotting on the map so much simpler than before. No memtal arithmetic from perisope bearing needed. And it also makes finding AOB from target course or vise versa so easily.
Old 12-24-07, 01:38 AM   #128
jimmie
Lieutenant

..and is it possible to make helper gauges like crosshair, meaning black in daylight and illumi green (though it's silly for the historical perspective) in the night?
Old 01-09-08, 10:52 AM   #129
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

...any status reports on this? Just looking!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 07:44 PM   #130
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Sorry, yes! I took time off from this project over the holiday season, but restarted now.

I'm now testing the improvements. I've been having to find new locations to store the attack disk and the sliderule so that they don't get too much in the way when you don't use them.

I also have a new AOB finder wheel that provides increased accuracy while permitting a greater field of vision.

And now I have to update the manual - boy is that time consuming!

Should be released next week
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
Old 01-10-08, 02:24 PM   #131
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman
Sorry, yes! I took time off from this project over the holiday season, but restarted now.

I'm now testing the improvements. I've been having to find new locations to store the attack disk and the sliderule so that they don't get too much in the way when you don't use them.

I also have a new AOB finder wheel that provides increased accuracy while permitting a greater field of vision.

And now I have to update the manual - boy is that time consuming!

Should be released next week
Hi Joe!

No hurry man....take your time....its tough to get going after the holidays. Looking forward to this fine mod for my second install of GWX 2.0

Take care man!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 07:54 AM   #132
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Default U-jagd 1.3 released

Hi all

U-jagd 1.3 is now released. See the first post for pictures.

This is essentially the final version of the U-jagd mod.

I hope you enjoy it

If there are issues, i will of course patch them, so please do inform me.

Joe
Old 01-17-08, 09:28 AM   #133
Canovaro
Ace of the Deep

I've been waiting for your gwx2 update
just

Thanks for your time!
Canovaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 10:03 AM   #134
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Thanks! Will try it this evening
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 11:49 AM   #135
pino69
Watch

Downloads: 102

Hi Joegrudman. Your mod seems amazing but I don't figure out if I can install it with my current configuration GWX2.0 + SHcmdr2.7. I wouldn't brake my actual game and be forced to make a full re-install of the game. By the way, I'm not confident enough to try your DIY version with its readme I don't fully undersand.

Your mod is really great. Hope it works with GWX2.0 !!!

Thanx 4 the reply.
pino69 is offline   Reply With Quote