SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-09, 09:32 PM   #226
ShoCkwaVe
Bosun

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
whoa whoa whoa, Shockwave, hold on there a second.
GWX puts the "simulation" in SH3, it aims to give you the most realistic experience possible from the games engine. the storms are a given and are really hard to fix if i remember correctly.
I was upset at the time as I just got out of a very long day @ sea & came across a convoy sent all my fish & sank 12 before i got close to base then the game decides to crash before
I saved anything so I was not too happy...

That being said as I was attacking the convoy I couldnt see my hand in front of my face
and I didnt enjoy the game play the way it happened.. a beutiful day then along comes a convoy and with it a hurricane so that I cant use my deck gun which I have found to be very common when playing sh3 not just gwx related

In my *opinion* it spoils the gameplay ofcourse not only rediculous as those types of storms just didn't happen during wwII every time a enemy boat passed by i'm pretty sure & who wants to waste all that time finding a convoy that is basicly impossible to catch submerged, lock on to, or even see the closer you get to them? ..but thats just my opinion.

Quote:
we were all disappointed when we found only a IXD2 and a XVIII were included in the U boat expansion packs.
I'm not suprised that things typicly get rushed after all (time is money) and that is what bothers me & the point I am trying to make *not the devs* themselves who are payed to do what they are told under a given time frame by their lead dev or dept head.. the point is WE the customers might like Quality verses / quick let's get it done so we can make some cash & move on to something else & make more cash!!
spoiling the game from being even better & you know making US happy :/

Quote:
Operation Monsun, a mod released on this forum, adds the other german U-boats and allows you to patrol in the atlantic.
Thank you after about 3 hours now I found the actual download link after visiting 3 spam flooded old postings which each pointed me to another & ended up reading a bunch of
mod flame war arguements & locked topics. downloading now!

Quote:
the german eagle motif tank top was a real Shirt worn by kriegsmarine crews in the tropics. I have an osprey publishing book that says so, and I'll believe it.
Where you looking at the pic of rommel visiting the africa corps/luftwafe in the africa campaign? cuz I'm pretty sure no kriegsmarine wore those shirts as far as I know these are specs http://uboat.net/men/uniforms/though I could be wrong I guess I just didnt like seeing 2 seargants on deck
clothed in bright shiny blue uniforms looking bundled up from the cold then i look over and see a guy in short shorts with an eagle imprint sleevless top.. after seeing an officer look at me like a zombie with no eyeballs I shreeked & went back to map screen.

Quote:
If you have any really serious problems with GWX take it up with them in the SHIII mods workshop.
Erm, I *never* said I had a problem with GWX
I simply*asked* the GWX dev team to FiX an annoying feature in next version that I'm pretty sure they didn't put there to begin with so you will have to pardon my anger sir,
nor was I speaking out of spite towards the devs but what i wanted and what i got where 2 dif things so forgive my rudeness...

I may as well boldly throw in a request while im here..

I liked 1 specific feature in the med addon for sh3 which was the skin changer made with
the quick menu builder so what i am asking for from the GWX team or anyone willing to
go out of their way for us lil fish is some similar changable *tool* for u-boat skins although jsgme works its very frustrating swaping between sh3 commander & jsgme
because of all the file conflicts that and keeping track of .dat files & skins that match
hulls with connings etc etc so yes i could create many folders for authentic looking skins but its a pain & gets confusing with all the file swaping.. I have lost many great works
that I spent entire days or weeks on lost because of the confusing process.

I was having a look at the quick menu builder and the way it was done
and i dont see why someone couldnt make a simple one click skin preview tool
to manage just skins? so say I want to switch from U-552 to U-997 it changes the
hull & connings to match on all purchasable upgrades so I dont end up with a mut skin
if i upgrade to a dif conning so 1 click changes it back or to another with the K.I.S.S. factor

this would be a GREAT feature for me & those who dont have the patience to meddle
with too many files that seem to move all over & we just want quick results.

what would be even -->BETTER<-- would be for the devs to create a new feature apart of the ingame upgrades menu much like Il2-sturmovik that shows a 3d viewport preview of a rotatable sub from which you can choose from various paint schemes seperate but alot like
changing your emblem

players can then add their own skins that the game references to:
data\submarines\subclass\skins (or) data\Textures\TNormal *whatever*

I wont hold my breath & just a thought I wanted to throw out there
bump it to wherever cheers & keep up the great work GWX!

Last edited by ShoCkwaVe; 08-30-09 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-30-09, 09:30 AM   #227
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

(Just bringin' my post forward for longevity.)

Guys, you would be well advised to remember that without the Silent Hunter Devs, there would be no GWX.

Read on, and think twice:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=4627

Please do not use this thread as a platform for complaining about or debating the validity of the Silent Hunter Dev team and/or the series.

What you must know, is that some of us amongst the GWX dev team count at least one of the Silent Hunter dev team as a personal friend... INSPITE of all related challenges.

Insult, complain, and slap if you must, about our work, their work, or whatever... but do it elsewhere.

Better yet, stop complaining, show some class, and try to be part of the solution instead of being part of the problem.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Old 08-30-09, 03:43 PM   #228
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Moderators, please lock this thread as soon as possible.

Important announcement from the GWX team:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Old 08-30-09, 04:16 PM   #229
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

I thank the GWX Team for all it's hard work.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
Old 08-30-09, 09:27 PM   #230
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Thread locked per initiator request....

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Closed Thread