SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-08, 04:05 PM   #346
Fusek
Bosun

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

So, this can be done with Britisch and American PT boats too, right? I can imagine a US PTboat campaing in the Pacific?
Fusek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 04:37 PM   #347
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Sea Tiger
Hi,

I can model any thing you need in Gmax, and convert them to obj. My question is this,, what program do they use to texture models in .OBJ?

If you can point me in the direction I can do this for you at least!

As you saw in my model,, the torpedo is made,, just have to get them into OBJ and texture there
Actually the model already exist, I exported the torpedo model from torpedos.dat, and merged it with the hull model of the s-boot, just like I did with the old ones. The problem is that I don't know how to "merge" the .MTL of the torpedo (separated from the other torps)

with the .MTL of the hull

to have all the textures displayed properly in game

The .mtl import in 3dsmax, I tried to merge them, it show ok in deep exploration but not in game as you see on the above screenshot. Actually I don't know how these things work, just trying
We need someone to re-uv map the model. There's plenty of guys around who can do it... anyone? :hmm:
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 05:32 PM   #348
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

your welcome....

And by the way lookin really good
gimpy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 05:46 PM   #349
USS Sea Tiger
XO

Downloads: 52
Default For Gimpy,, what dod you do?

Hi

Just wondering,, what did you do to accomplish this?? thanks!
USS Sea Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 05:58 PM   #350
Antenor
Watch

Downloads: 0

Impressive..day by day, new problems are solved and more features added, the waiting for the next beta mod release starts to be hard .

Thank you!!

Antenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 06:02 PM   #351
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

by the way is that silly post thing behing the foward gun supposed to be there? and can we AXE it??
Old 02-11-08, 06:23 PM   #352
Erich Topp
A-ganger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Maybe I could make them destructible
Maybe this is too much, but perhaps this will be good to make small explosion-zone around. So explosion of spare torpedo can damage S-boat. I don't think the spare torpedos could detonate from bullets, but from shells.. maybe. Some explosives detonates only from electricy, but I am not very good in german WII explosives science. Just knew the equivalents for TNT.

PS: Now S-boote looks much better. Wasn't spare torpedoes covered in any way? It's not good to leave pistols and screws exposed to salt water, waves and wind...
Erich Topp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 06:26 PM   #353
Boris
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy117
by the way is that silly post thing behing the foward gun supposed to be there? and can we AXE it??
It may look silly but it was on the actual boats... no idea what it's supposed to be though.
Old 02-11-08, 08:28 PM   #354
Gewehr98
Mate

Downloads: 2

I read in the S-Boot section at PrinzEugen that no S-100 armored bridge boat (which is the kind we currently have in SH3) had any sort of camouflage. However, I don't want to discourage our texture friends, so I'll leave it up to whoever to do whatever.

Why the heck did I even post this?

:hmm:
Gewehr98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 08:39 PM   #355
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

i bet the torps are pretty inert when they are sitting there but i may be wrong. If they were so dangerous, they would keep them in armored boxes or somthing..

whats the E.T.A of the 1.0 release or next update??
Old 02-11-08, 08:48 PM   #356
Gewehr98
Mate

Quote:
i bet the torps are pretty inert when they are sitting there but i may be wrong. If they were so dangerous, they would keep them in armored boxes or somthing..

whats the E.T.A of the 1.0 release or next update??
Well I bet if the warhead got hit with a 37mm shell the result would not be pretty. However, if you hit it dead center with the same 37mm shell it'd probably just break in two and be a real pain to clean up after (if you survive the encounter, of course)
Old 02-11-08, 09:21 PM   #357
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

By the way...Gehwer...do you own a K-98 or the original Gehwer from before the 20's??

ok back on topic...

yeah well we could make a very small explosive zone, but we sould make sure it takes a good whallop to kill it because i think it would be too easy for one little stray shell to kill you! but one does wonder how safe they actually were, did the Kriegsmarine have any procedure or armored covers for making safe the warheads??
Old 02-11-08, 09:34 PM   #358
Gewehr98
Mate

Quote:
By the way...Gehwer...do you own a K-98 or the original Gehwer from before the 20's??

ok back on topic...

yeah well we could make a very small explosive zone, but we sould make sure it takes a good whallop to kill it because i think it would be too easy for one little stray shell to kill you! but one does wonder how safe they actually were, did the Kriegsmarine have any procedure or armored covers for making safe the warheads??
I have a '43 dated K98 (can't remember if it's a bnz or a byf...I think it's a byf)

But anyways: Yeah, it needs to be sufficiently difficult to hit to where it's always in the back of your head but not compelling you to break off an engagement cause you're too worried about a stray shell causing torpi-kiri.
Old 02-11-08, 10:11 PM   #359
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr98
I read in the S-Boot section at PrinzEugen that no S-100 armored bridge boat (which is the kind we currently have in SH3) had any sort of camouflage. However, I don't want to discourage our texture friends, so I'll leave it up to whoever to do whatever.

LOL
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 01:11 AM   #360
Boris
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr98

LOL
Haha, and I just spent hours camouflaging a boat... it doesn't say that no "armoured bridge boat" had camouflage though, just that there's no photos around.

"Photographic evidence of armored bridge S-Boats painted in camouflage patterns is scarce with only one "splotch" pattern identified to date. It was a temporary measure used for a risky daylight transfer of boats to a different operational area."