SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-21, 02:58 PM   #1
bsmooth
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Need Help with DVD instal of SH4 Gold

Finally found a DVD copy and installed SH4 Gold outside of Programs in its own Ubisoft Folder.
Problem is regardless of game settings volume is at full. I can change music settings but say in target practice in Sub school AA gun almost blows me out of the room.
I even tried going into my user CFG setting and lowered the volume to 5 and it was still at full volume.
I'm just not sure what to do at this point.
Wouldn't be important but my PC is in the living room so I need to keep the volume a little quieter.
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 05:16 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
Finally found a DVD copy and installed SH4 Gold outside of Programs in its own Ubisoft Folder.
Problem is regardless of game settings volume is at full. I can change music settings but say in target practice in Sub school AA gun almost blows me out of the room.
I even tried going into my user CFG setting and lowered the volume to 5 and it was still at full volume.
I'm just not sure what to do at this point.
Wouldn't be important but my PC is in the living room so I need to keep the volume a little quieter.
welcome to Subsim, bsmooth.
your situation is uncommon to say the least.
i would think that your PC has volume controls.
if you are using a laptop, check out the Function keys at the top of keyboard for some volume controls.
if you are using a desktop/tower, it could also have a set of volume controls above the keyboard, depending on the mfr. i use the cheapest Logitech (have trouble finding them) and it has three volume control buttons above the Function Keys and they work quite well when you are in-game.
one more idea is to use a set of headphones. i do that when i travel.
good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 11:21 PM   #3
bsmooth
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Yes thats what I finally did, just turned down the speaker volume. The weird part was during training it was really loud, especially the AA and main gun. But when I finally started a career the sound was fine.

BTW what does The Berbster mod do anyways? I haven't really noticed anything different so far, except maybe some staining on the sides of a ship.
Also still can't get credit for getting near the Celebes Sea area.
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 12:45 AM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
Yes thats what I finally did, just turned down the speaker volume. The weird part was during training it was really loud, especially the AA and main gun. But when I finally started a career the sound was fine.
that's great news!

Quote:
BTW what does The Berbster mod do anyways? I haven't really noticed anything different so far, except maybe some staining on the sides of a ship.
Berbster has hints and helps and way to do things better (or not to do some things at all).
i recommend that you read all of that as there is good stuff to be known and used, especially for a new Kaleun.
which reminds me, d/l and use the Large Address Aware (LAA). it's here in the Downloads forum.

Quote:
Also still can't get credit for getting near the Celebes Sea area.
by your statement i am thinking that you received a career mission to patrol the Celebes Sea.
when you read your mission orders you will be in-port and ready for sea in all respects. Make note of the details of your orders because that is the only time you will see those details...and they are important details. they tell you where to patrol and you will see a nice, sexy marker once you begin your mission. but they also tell you how long to patrol and how large a patrol area you will have: 50 nm, 100 nm, 150 nm.
once you start your patrol, take the protractor and draw a circle that is the same size as your patrol area and place it over the patrol marker. now...sail to that area and patrol within that circle for the number of hours indicated in your orders. when you do that, the patrol marker will change colors (gray, i believe) and you will receive credit (renown) for completing your objective. Good luck, Kaleun.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote