SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-07, 02:56 AM   #2581
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic1184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic1184
hey guys,

is there some reported incompatibility of GWX 2.0 with the german version of SH3? since i have a new computer with no previous SH3 installation, i did a fresh install (of the german version of sh3), patched to 1.4b and then installed GWX 2.0. the md5 hashes are all correct for the gwx installation files.

when i start the game, the intros work and the game loading screen shows up and loads, all like normal. but when its done and the main menu should be showing up, i get a black screen with only the mouse cursor leaving a trail. on hitting escape i only see grey "ja" and "nein", like in the exiting dialog. but cant do anything more.

i uninstalled again and tried the same with GWX 1.3 (fresh install, 1.4b patch, GWX 1.3 install) and it works like a charm. so it cant be (just) the new computer.

there is no career data in "my documents" so that cant be the problem either.

anyone knows what that could be?
It sounds as if you have a corrupted installation of SH3 1.4b or GWX 2.0.

You can check the integrity of the GWX 2.0 files that you downloaded by going to the "FAQ" page on our website and reading "Use of the MD5 Mate."

Follow the directions there and let us know how it turns out for you. GWX 2.0 is fully compatible with German settings.
i checked the MD5 and it's okay. The solution of Deep Source

Quote:
This problem it's solved by uninstall of video codecs you have in my case the K-lite codec.
works perfectly, there must've been a problem with a K-Lite codec. so what to do now without k-lite? ;-) yeah i know, use VLC...
Well, I'm glad you sorted the problem and it is good for us to see that it is not related to GWX.

Sink them all!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 03:35 AM   #2582
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

:hmm: Tis strange that is.
I have K-Lite Pro and it hasn't affected anything ?!

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 07:18 AM   #2583
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

@CDR Resser

You make no reference to d/l the SH3 Commander CFG file....avilable from the GWX Home Page :hmm:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 07:55 AM   #2584
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Anyone who is getting these 'black artifacts' or 'triangles', can you please post a screenshot. I have seen many people saying that they are getting them, mostly owners of a 8800 but I have not seen a decent picture or description.

While I can't offer any support about the 'artifacts' until I see what we are talking about, the black triangles on the horizon is a known issue with most of the 16km mods and is actually also present in the 8km mod but to a lesser amount. Normally, these are seen at high levels of zoom or when viewing an aircraft using the next view hotkey.
I'll try to get you some screenshots tonight when I get home. I've upgraded video driver for my ATI x1900, which is a great card by the way and adjusted 3d settings but so far hasn't made a difference. And I really don't want to remove the 16km mod since it works so great otherwise, but I'll try tonight without it, temporarily, to see what happens.
Last night I changed my graphics setting with my card to "wait for vertical refresh" and that seems to have removed the issue for now. I didn't get to play long, but I haven't seen the problem again, so far.
Old 12-19-07, 10:16 AM   #2585
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone who is getting these 'black artifacts' or 'triangles', can you please post a screenshot. I have seen many people saying that they are getting them, mostly owners of a 8800 but I have not seen a decent picture or description.

While I can't offer any support about the 'artifacts' until I see what we are talking about, the black triangles on the horizon is a known issue with most of the 16km mods and is actually also present in the 8km mod but to a lesser amount. Normally, these are seen at high levels of zoom or when viewing an aircraft using the next view hotkey.
I'll try to get you some screenshots tonight when I get home. I've upgraded video driver for my ATI x1900, which is a great card by the way and adjusted 3d settings but so far hasn't made a difference. And I really don't want to remove the 16km mod since it works so great otherwise, but I'll try tonight without it, temporarily, to see what happens.
Last night I changed my graphics setting with my card to "wait for vertical refresh" and that seems to have removed the issue for now. I didn't get to play long, but I haven't seen the problem again, so far.
very interesting finding, I'm going to test it this evening . Which nvida driver are you using?

Mikael
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 11:22 AM   #2586
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

very interesting finding, I'm going to test it this evening . Which nvida driver are you using?

Mikael
I have an ATI X1900 card, so I'm using the latest driver for it (7.11).
Old 12-19-07, 12:04 PM   #2587
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mikael
ok, but I have a nvida I thought it was a 8800 card problem. I didn't know ATI had the same problem.
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 01:46 PM   #2588
Hakahura
Grey Wolf

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Can't think of a better place to post than here.....

Thanks very much to Kpt Lehmann and team for GWX 2.0.
Excellent work.

Now all I need is more free time to explore it fully.

Sir Humphey Appleby, GCB, KBE, MVO and MA. Britain's Greatest Orator, well bar that Churchill fellow.
Hakahura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 01:48 PM   #2589
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakahura
Can't think of a better place to post than here.....

Thanks very much to Kpt Lehmann and team for GWX 2.0.
Excellent work.

Now all I need is more free time to explore it fully.
We are glad you are enjoying it mate.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 12-19-07, 02:39 PM   #2590
bertle
Watch

Downloads: 20

Just posting to say that I have a 8800 and yeah i'm getting the flickering black shapes in the sky. I have no idea how you'd get a good screenshot of them as they're very random.
bertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 03:55 PM   #2591
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertle
Just posting to say that I have a 8800 and yeah i'm getting the flickering black shapes in the sky. I have no idea how you'd get a good screenshot of them as they're very random.
Try activating the 'synchronize' option in your SH3 video settings menu. (In-game)

Concerning the issues with the Nvidia 8000 series cards... This is really our last idea since it is a hardware problem not related to GWX.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 12-19-07, 04:22 PM   #2592
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertle
Having said that.....If you live in the UK, I'll swap you for my BFG 7800...I'm quite happy to take the chance

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 04:43 PM   #2593
Dustyboats
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mikael
ok, but I have a nvida I thought it was a 8800 card problem. I didn't know ATI had the same problem.
I have an ATI X1950 PCI-Express 7.11 Driver. I had the same problem described here. Took the 16KM mod off....no problem
Old 12-19-07, 05:26 PM   #2594
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Before anyone disables the 16km mod, you should try the suggestion here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2591

It is possible that it will help with the graphics issues that people are referring to.

Again, this is not a GWX bug.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 12-19-07, 05:38 PM   #2595
Julius Caesar
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
I just installed GWX 2.0 and i love it (switching back to SH3). Great work, guys!
One question:
Where can i see max depth for all U boats in GWX?
I guess that data in NSS_Uboatxx.cfg under MaxDepth=xy is not real data (it is set to 500 m)?
Should I try using SH3 Mini Tweaker and look in NSS_Uboatxx_zon file ? :hmm:

Thanks.