Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-21, 03:54 AM   #13471
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Icon14

"After growing up in a Zimbabwe convulsed by the legacy of colonialism, when I got to Oxford I realised how many British people still failed to see how empire had shaped lives like mine – as well as their own"

Some enlightening insights i think:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/202...imukai-chigudu

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-14-21, 04:42 AM   #13472
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...as-at-nativity

I said that most would sign/agree to this treaty without having fully red and fully comprehend it. And I am sure that is what happened.

And in the tiem they had, that simpyl wa snot even possible, practically, even if peope, would have spend hours and hours every remaining day to read. You can read - and reflect and comprehend - stuff only to such and such ammounts in a given time.

The eu parliametaries reserve right to refusew thre treaty, said they will not acept beighn pulled over the table by pressing tables. In which case the EU would again trigger one of its infamous backroom deal stunts that it practices always when it cannot get in formal and rule-complying ways what it demands.
Old 01-14-21, 06:09 AM   #13473
Catfish

"An Irish trawler was barred from fishing in UK waters by a patrol boat in the first post-Brexit fishing clash.

Dublin has never recognised the UK's claims of sovereignty over Rockall - sparking clashes over the fishing waters that surround it.
Skipper Adrian McClenaghan told RTE News: "They informed us we could no longer fish inside the 12 mile limit of Rockall."
The news comes as a number of EU firms refused to deliver products to the UK claiming post-Brexit tax rules make it too expensive. And some deliveries to Northern Ireland have been delayed since Christmas, with delivery operators "uncertain" of new rules post-Brexit, according to the BBC."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/135945...en-spain-live/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55552455

Old 01-14-21, 08:36 AM   #13474
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Typical first world problems, if he had the correct licence in the first place this wouldn't have happened, another bleeding EU moron who thinks that they can go anywhere they want and whenever they want, welcome to Brexit.

One day a rather inebriated Irish ice fisherman drilled a hole in the ice and peered into the hole and a loud voice said, "There are no fish down there."
He walked several yards away and drilled another hole and peered into the hole and again the voice said, "There's no fish down there."
He then walked about 50 yards away and drilled another hole and again the voice said, "There's no fish down there."
He looked up into the sky and asked, "God, is that you?"
"No, you idiot," the voice said, "it's the ice rink manager."
Old 01-14-21, 08:45 AM   #13475
Catfish

Whatever, bye.

https://www.politico.eu/article/5-re...-brexit-talks/

Old 01-14-21, 09:35 AM   #13476
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Regardless of unenlightened "Thick Paddy" jokes I do note that the Sun article doesn't mention that the British OPV was actually from Marine Scotland. Perhaps the Sun's editorial team feel that their English readership are too thick for such distinctions.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 01-14-21, 12:00 PM   #13477
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

@Catfish, Jonathan Powell was Tony Blair’s former chief of staff, whohoo, you certainly pick your sources don't you, a pro EU biased politician with a former dubious Prime Minister as leader of the UK and a tainted political party to boot, pftttt, bye bye.

@MGR1, that comes as no surprise to me as Rupert Murdoch wouldn't want to upset his senile readership while they're eating their fish and chips for breakfast now would he.
Old 01-14-21, 01:40 PM   #13478
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
"An Irish trawler was barred from fishing in UK waters by a patrol boat in the first post-Brexit fishing clash.

Dublin has never recognised the UK's claims of sovereignty over Rockall - sparking clashes over the fishing waters that surround it.
Skipper Adrian McClenaghan told RTE News: "They informed us we could no longer fish inside the 12 mile limit of Rockall."
The news comes as a number of EU firms refused to deliver products to the UK claiming post-Brexit tax rules make it too expensive. And some deliveries to Northern Ireland have been delayed since Christmas, with delivery operators "uncertain" of new rules post-Brexit, according to the BBC."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/135945...en-spain-live/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55552455
From the above link.

Quote:
A temporary licence was issued to the boat to fish in UK waters, with the stipulation that as a EU Vessel, it is not authorised to fish within 12 nautical miles of Rockall.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-14-21, 01:48 PM   #13479
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

What a load of bollocks!

Old 01-14-21, 02:14 PM   #13480
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Perhaps everything in the garden isn't as rosy as some would have us believe.

Old 01-14-21, 03:09 PM   #13481
Catfish

^ all he talks about fits a hundred percent to England and its trade with and border to, the EU

Old 01-14-21, 07:05 PM   #13482
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
What a load of bollocks!
Actually Fratzscher is not that unknown over here, but you cna read him frequently in national newspapers. The liabilities helkd by Germany for other EU nations due to this insane things named Target 2 saldi, is a major neck-breaker - I am saying this since many years, right?! Its at over 1 billion Euros - money the ERCB owes Germany for Germany havign done buying for other EU members and these states handing over thgeir liabilities toi the ECBm, whcih now owes Germany. We will not get back that money, we must write it off. Additional to the debts others owe us, net far more than we owe them.

Its an unsustainable system of madness and lunacy. And it cannot avoid ending brutally.
Old 01-14-21, 07:09 PM   #13483
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Perhaps everything in the garden isn't as rosy as some would have us believe.
In the end Sturgeon is as much a populistic liar as Johnson is. They deserve each other.
Old 01-15-21, 09:04 AM   #13484
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
@MGR1, that comes as no surprise to me as Rupert Murdoch wouldn't want to upset his senile readership while they're eating their fish and chips for breakfast now would he.
The Sun, Daily Mail, Telegraph and Express all have separate editions for England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, so even supposedly "national" newspapers aren't very. Certainly using the first two as a guide "Janus-faced" is an apt description on their reporting when it comes to non-English matters.

Going on to the Labour Party's continuing misfortunes in Scotland it's leader up here has resigned:

Richard Leonard quits as Scottish Labour leader

You might ask "Who?". Don't worry, most Scots ask the same question.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 01-15-21, 09:13 AM   #13485
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Putin would be delighted if the EU was completely destroyed.

One of the things which always struck me about Brexit is that the supporters for Brexit always seemed to fall into two types: blue-blooded public school boys who seem to support it for their own selfish reasons, and what we in the United States would call "poor white trash." Those against Brexit always seemed far better educated and diverse.

Tags
british, politics