Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-14-24, 07:14 PM   #3436
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www-20min-ch.translate.goog/...x_tr_hist=true

"Let me give you a concrete example to illustrate the precarious situation. The USA has supplied Ukraine with 31 Abrams main battle tanks. 31 of them. That makes no difference at all. What would make a difference would be 310 units, ten times as many. That would at least break the Russians' offensive momentum.

You must not forget: The Russians have around 3000 main battle tanks and 7000 infantry fighting vehicles in action, all of which have to be fought down. But in order to really launch an offensive with the prospect of a breakthrough, they need 3100 Abrams, i.e. a hundred times more than the Ukrainians have. But where will the equipment come from? That is the question, especially in these quantities.”
(...)

“The effectiveness of some precision weapon systems from the West is now being questioned. In the case of the HIMARS multiple rocket launchers, it is assumed that up to 50 percent will be jammed and brought down by the Russians.

Even with the ground-launched small-diameter bombs, on which great hopes were placed, it had to be recognized that they have practically no effect due to Russian jamming manoeuvres. The situation is similar with the Excalibur artillery shells supplied, which can in fact be guided right into the target. At the beginning, we saw success rates of just under 70 percent for the hits. In the meantime, it is actually six percent.

Obviously, the Russians can fully deploy their jamming systems in the electromagnetic field - i.e. where the radio signals are emitted. Ukraine also works with a wide variety of jamming systems. But the quantity of systems is lacking in order to be able to manage this 1200-kilometer-long front.”

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

----------

Western battle tank losses, confirmed: at least 5 M1 Abrams, at least 18 Leopard 2A4, at least 11 Leopard 2A6, at least 1 Challenger 2.
Their heavy weight and the intense erosion of the bottom wheels are two big problems of Western tanks in Ukraine, a terrain for which their design was never meant to be. Especially the Leopards consume wheels at a higher rate than Ukraine gets spare parts. Many must replace their lower wheels every 4-6 drives - that could mean repeated replacements within one week.
Many damaged tanks cannot get repaired due to lacking spare parts.

There is almost no confirmed data on how many Leopard 1s were lost so far. Or I did not search well.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-14-24 at 07:42 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-24, 10:42 AM   #3437
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Ukraine more and more under pressure at Kharkiv.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u...-of-rcna152169

Some days ago, ten days ago or so I said I think the American aid will come too late. And recent experiences have shown that these technically "superior" high tech ammunitions so many hopes were bet on, did not live up to the expectations.

Ukraine gets pushed mroe and more towards its breaking point. The delay in aid and the lacking determination of the West must accept major guilt for this.

All that talk about political futures and solidarity is worth crap. Now at the latest this should have become obvious.

Selensky's visit to Spain and Portugal have been cancelled. Means: situation really must be very, very critical.
Old 05-15-24, 10:51 AM   #3438
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-24, 12:58 PM   #3439
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Could this attempt on the Slovakian Prime minister Robert Fico have something to do with the war in Ukraine ?

Quote:
Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico has been shot and wounded and is in a life-threatening condition.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cg6761ggxz1o

Markus

Old 05-15-24, 01:12 PM   #3440
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I've always consider this deep state maps to be a reliable source of information and some of the youtubers are using it.

There are those who say it is false propaganda and are not showing the realtime situation in Ukraine.

This was what a friends friend once told me on fb.
deep state maps is OK there is a connection with the Ukraine army but if they would falsify the map in a day they would be accused because there are so many people doing this work. I use https://map.ukrdailyupdate.com/ run by Andrew Perpetua he and his team are mostly western they create this kinda maps via sources from telegram, drone videos, from their sources in Ukraine, and he buys satellite images he differs from deep state maps but in general both are correct. https://www.youtube.com/@andrewperpetua/streams The Ukraine army does not over declare that mutch his claims if they say we destroyed 5... and you see the video or satellite images there are 5... destroyed there are a lot of people checking this for the soldiers KIA good luck checking that , but there are people that count the artillery shell explosions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 05-15-24 at 01:32 PM.
Dargo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-24, 01:43 PM   #3441
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Could this attempt on the Slovakian Prime minister Robert Fico have something to do with the war in Ukraine ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cg6761ggxz1o

Markus
In a short video circulating on social media, the suspect in the attack on Robert Fico, 71-year-old writer Juraj C., says he decided to carry out his act a month ago. As his motive, C. states that he “disagrees with the government's policy.”

Quote:
Old 05-15-24, 01:49 PM   #3442
Dargo
Admiral

About time!

Quote:
Old 05-15-24, 02:09 PM   #3443
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Haven't watched the videos so I ask you instead

Is there a limit to how far inside Russia Ukraine may hit targets with Westen ammos ?

Markus

Old 05-15-24, 02:16 PM   #3444
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Haven't watched the videos so I ask you instead

Is there a limit to how far inside Russia Ukraine may hit targets with Westen ammos ?

Markus
Not spoken about the range but let say Belgorod that would be enough to disturb supply to the front.

Quote:
Old 05-15-24, 02:18 PM   #3445
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Old 05-15-24, 02:20 PM   #3446
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Not spoken about the range but let say Belgorod that would be enough to disturb supply to the front.
Thank you Dargo-It just that when I saw the headlines in your videos I was picturing Ukraine hitting weapon production beyond the Ural mountains.

Markus

Old 05-15-24, 02:23 PM   #3447
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Thank you Dargo-It just that when I saw the headlines in your videos I was picturing Ukraine hitting weapon production beyond the Ural mountains.

Markus
Oh they can only they can with their own long range drones

Quote:
Old 05-15-24, 02:26 PM   #3448
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Oh they can only they can with their own long range drones
I know-However though longer they fly into enemy land though higher is the chance they get shot down. I was thinking on very long range Western Missiles like the Tomahawk(I know Ukraine does not have these)
These missiles are harder to hit.

Markus