Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-20, 06:26 PM   #1
CaptainC
Watch

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 TWoS - a few issues

I installed Twos on top of a vanilla fresh default steam version of SH5, and followed instructions carefully, patcher and snapshot worked flawlessly.

-If i select (highlight) the option to have TC1 if radio message received it doesn't work, if i deselect (unhighlite) it still doesn't do what id like, which is to pull me out of TCX and bring me to TC1.
No idea whats going on here...
-Nav Map bearing overlay jumps around panning/zooming (nitpick) is this normal ?
-UZO Cant zoom out, i can zoom in with mouse wheel but then i cant get it to zoom back out?

Oh and What are supermarks and how/when to use them?
What does the map tools helper do?

Any help or confirmation of a known issue would be appreciated, thanks!

o7

Last edited by CaptainC; 02-19-20 at 06:41 PM.
CaptainC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 03:38 AM   #2
Backscuttle
A-ganger

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

Hi! Well the TC issue was /is one I have had (sometimes still do). I think that only having TC1 for ALL messages may cure it. Tbh, If I still get the problem I just hit the numpad minus key.(Sorry I can`t be of much more help on that).
As for the UZO, I don`t know about the zoom as I have only used it once recently and didn`t notice any problem. That`s not to say there isn`t ofc!
Supermarks are marks where you add your own text. So click on the pencil,click on map as to where you want the mark and a text box should pop up. Use at your own discretion.It also has time and date.
In real nav, there are also NAV marks which have date ,time,position of mark plus text ability.I use these(or Smarks) to plot a route according to my speed,ie standard = 20.3 km/hr, so stick a mark 20.3 k down route and I know that`s where I will be in an hour`s time(roughly).
Tool helper converts protractor, ruler,compass into a radial image from 0-360deg.
Not sure what your nav map problem is .
I hope some of this has helped. I`m not an expert at this game so someone may chip in with some better advice!
Have fun.
Backscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote