Closed Thread

Old 08-02-20, 05:10 PM   #9976
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Who in the US, the whole world and elsewhere would understand that? No one even understands 2016 already.
That is a very good question. It is possible that Russia or Sierra Leone or Aliens helped Trump win in 2016. Or 62,984,828 card carrying KKK members voted for literal Hitler and that's how he won. Or any of the other reasons that Mrs. Clinton has cried about for the last four years. I guess it's possible.

Or maybe, just maybe people were not happy with the policies of the previous Administration and did not want Mrs. Clinton to carry on in a likewise fashion. And maybe the DNC just put up one of the more flawed presidential candidates that they could. I guess that's possible as well.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 08-02-20, 05:39 PM   #9977
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Or maybe, just maybe people were not happy with the policies of the previous Administration and did not want Mrs. Clinton to carry on in a likewise fashion. And maybe the DNC just put up one of the more flawed presidential candidates that they could. I guess that's possible as well.
I seem to remember someone once wrote

I voted for Trump and I did this because the damage Obama and the Dem have done to the Midwest USA.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 08-02-20, 07:41 PM   #9978
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
No you don't play them but you sure start them, light the fuse and runaway so you avoid the hard questions.

Apparently having large business interests in China is only wrong if you're a democratic politician.

Wow are you full of yourself. "Avoid the hard questions" Who do you think you are Walter Cronkite?

Senator Feinstein has had Chinese spies on her government staff for over two decades. She has yet to apologize let alone pay a penalty for all the national secrets she gave them access to. She and her husband have enriched themselves using her political connections, just like the Bidens, the Kerrys, the Pelosis and more. Unlike newcomer Trump politics is their family business and business has been exceedingly good for them, not so much for the nation as this latest health scare has shown.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 08-02-20, 07:56 PM   #9979
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

So again no answer. Trump gets a free ride because he's a Republican.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 08-02-20, 08:22 PM   #9980
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
So again no answer. Trump gets a free ride because he's a Republican.

And you have studiously avoided Feinstein because she's a Democrat so I'm just giving Trump the same ride that you give her.

Old 08-02-20, 09:26 PM   #9981
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Go back and read again. I never gave Feinstein a pass but wonder why you give Trump a pass for the same crap.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 08-02-20, 09:33 PM   #9982
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Go back and read again. I never gave Feinstein a pass but wonder why you give Trump a pass for the same crap.

Sorry but yeah you did. The only mention you have made in response to my post about Feinstein is a "yeahbutwhaddabout" with some links that you can't be arsed to validate. If I have given a pass to President Trump by ignoring you then you have done the same exact thing regarding Feinstein.

Old 08-03-20, 03:05 AM   #9983
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

re u crank: If the majority in the US is so happy about Trump why don't they rejoice and be happy? They got what they wanted and probably deserved, so it is all good?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-03-20, 04:08 AM   #9984
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
re u crank: If the majority in the US is so happy about Trump why don't they rejoice and be happy? They got what they wanted and probably deserved, so it is all good?
Majority? In 2016 only 19% of Americans gave a vote for Trump. Thats not even every fifth.

And Clinton in total got more votes, than he got.

The question must be different. Why did not more Americans gave a vote against Trump?

1. Many did not believe how destructive he would be.

2. Russian interference to a.) destabilise the political system, b.) reduce trust in the trustworthiness of institutions and pltlical representation, c.) prevent Clinton who would have more significantly get into Russia'S geopolitcal interests.

3. Messy voting system.

4. The anti-Trump camp was not able to mobilise all potential anti-Trump voters.

--------------------

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u...biden-n1235092

On the damage done to US-German and US-Euriopean relations
Old 08-03-20, 06:42 AM   #9985
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Senator Feinstein has had Chinese spies on her government staff for over two decades.
There were no 'spies', there wasn't even a 'spy'. FBI notified Feinstein that they have reason to believe one of her California staff had been a target of Chinese recruitment efforts. Feinstein immediately fired the individual.

This was in 2013/2014.
Old 08-03-20, 06:44 AM   #9986
u crank

Quote:
Quote:
Populism

noun
a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.
Trump's approval rating among GOP supporters is still quite high although it has slipped from about 90% to 80%. I seriously doubt that any President would have very high approval ratings during a pandemic.

Now if you are refering to the knuckleheads who are burning and looting in American cities I can assure you that the are not Trump supporters. I'm not sure that they support anyone. It's a trait of anarchism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Majority? In 2016 only 19% of Americans gave a vote for Trump. Thats not even every fifth.

And Clinton in total got more votes, than he got.
Your lack of knowledge about the American political system is amazing.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 08-03-20, 08:38 AM   #9987
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Your lack of knowledge about the American political system is amazing.
I bet I know your system better than you know ours, because elections in your country are more relevant for us than elections in our country do concern you. Ylour elections have effects on us and many others. Our elections have almost nill effects on you. Thats why the interest is so differently strong.

And you may be in need to take some math lessons.

In 2016, there were a total 313 million people with US citizenship in the US.
232 million of these were eligiuble to vote. That are 74%.
But only 123 million actually cared to give a ballot. That are 39%.
59 million voted for Trump. That are 19%. Short of every fifth American.

Of those eligible to vote (232 million), only every fourth voted for Trump.
46.9% did not participate in voting.
25.6% voted for Clinton.
25.5% voted for Trump.
2% were "others".

The numbers are rounded, don't split hairs. What they say, stays the same, no matter whether we go into the third digit right of the decimale or not.
Neither Trump nor Clinton does or did represent any majority of the American people. I wonder if there ever was a president doing so since WWII, and before? Historians step forward!?Needless to say, if voting counts as expressing support for a candidate, Clinton also would have had only short of every fifth's American's support.

60% of total population are not represented by any of the two candidates. Amongst those eligible to vote, almost one half refused to participate in voting, and refused to support any of the candidates.

US presidents speak only for minorities of the population, and represent only a small part of it.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-03-20 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-03-20, 09:22 AM   #9988
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I bet I know your system better than you know ours, because elections in your country are more relevant for us than elections in our country do concern you.
I'm a Canadian Skybird. As for your system, you are right I don't know anything about your system and I have zero interest in it.

Quote:
And you may be in need to take some math lessons.

59 million voted for Trump.
Get your math right then. 62,984,828 people voted for Trump.

Quote:
46.9% did not participate in voting.
25.6% voted for Clinton.
25.5% voted for Trump.
2% were "others".
If you knew anything about the US system you would know that those statistics are meaningless. The system doesn't work that way. Every elected polititian in the US, Senators, Represenatives, Governors, Mayors etc are elected by popular vote. The President is not.

Quote:
60% of total population are not represented by any of the two candidates. Amongst those eligible to vote, almost one half refused to participate in voting, and refused to support any of the candidates.

US presidents speak only for minorities of the population, and represent only a small part of it.
And that would be their choice. You can't force people to vote and if you don't vote you shouldn't complain about the people who were elected. Whether you or they like it or not Trump is the President of all Americans.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 08-03-20, 09:43 AM   #9989
Skybird
Soaring

I know how the system works, and that the statistics I listed are not what decide thbe outocme. The outcome is porked by too clever rules that once were meant to protect against the tyrann y of majprity/direct democracy, but now have become a probklem in themselevs and an invitation for deraling the election process.

But I do not want to repeat again what so often has been said befor already. It can all be had via Google:

https://www.google.com/search?client...4dUDCAs&uact=5

The system of electoral college simply is an artificial weighing of counted votes that derails the real weight of the counted votes. And that is a problem. Thats why I insist on the "real" eleciton results. You may have noticed that I gave these "real" results for german state elections in the past, too. Only them shows what really has gone on.

And non-voters only are not reölevant when they do not vote for laziness or carelessness. But many do not vote becasue the reject to vote fopr any of the given options, which adds a meanign to their rejection to accept any of these options. Also, I demand every adult of a certain age to know by then what he gets if he elects career and life-long profesisonal politi8cians, and that is what he will get, its the stuff that suually gets comlaine dbaout and gets cirticised. Those voting for this corrupted in-system casiiono game have no right whatever to criticise that they gert what they vioted for when the yget this and nothign else. They have legitimised those that they may then want to criticise. If you vote for a scorpion, do not complain about gettign stung. If you vote for a fraudtser and imposter, do not complain about getting betrayed and ripped off. Only those who wanred of legitimsijg these people, and cautioned againmst voting them and by that legitimising them,m have a right to complain, for they refused to legitimise these and to comply with them.

This song I know from an episode of Northern Exposure, thats when Shelly sings it at the bar.

On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Poor thing, " she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in, tender woman, " sighed the snake

She wrapped him up all cozy in a comforter of silk
And laid him by her fireside with some honey and some milk
She hurried home from work that night and soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken to had been revived
"Take me in, tender woman

She clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful, " she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
She stroked his pretty skin again and kissed and held him tight
Instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite

"I saved you, " cried the woman
"And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman, " said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

Sorry, voters have no right to complain if they got right that what they voted for. Voters are to be held responsible for their votes. They legitimised the blende,r the corrupt, the fraudlent, the career basterd, the life-long parasite, they must eb expected to know what kind fo breed they are voting for - so they are hanged up together with them.
Old 08-03-20, 05:05 PM   #9990
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
There were no 'spies', there wasn't even a 'spy'. FBI notified Feinstein that they have reason to believe one of her California staff had been a target of Chinese recruitment efforts. Feinstein immediately fired the individual.

This was in 2013/2014.
You don't know what you are talking about Dowly.

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – New details emerged Wednesday about how a Chinese spy managed to stay by Senator Dianne Feinstein’s side for nearly 20 years.
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...san-francisco/

Quote:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had a Chinese spy on her staff who worked for her for 20 years, who was listed as an “office director” on payroll records and served as her driver when she was in San Francisco, all while reporting to China’s Ministry of State Security through China’s San Francisco Consulate.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/...-for-20-years/

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter