SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-12, 12:27 AM   #1
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Thank you Caustic! I can understand your point about just having one mod.

I asked, because this is what Ducimus has on his TMO page first post,

COMPATIBILITY:

Quote:
Trigger Maru is not compatible with any large modpack, to include enviromental mods.

The reason for envirornmental mod incompatability, has to do with how he has the sensors set for ships, subs, and aircraft.

So I'm guessing, you would have to compare files, and then change the settings in your files to corelate with TMO's settings.

If you get a chance to contrast and compare, and wish to, I would use it for sure! Just to mx things up a bit from the same old, same old.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 08:48 AM   #2
Caustic
Torpedoman

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
Thank you Caustic! I can understand your point about just having one mod.

I asked, because this is what Ducimus has on his TMO page first post,

COMPATIBILITY:

Quote:
Trigger Maru is not compatible with any large modpack, to include enviromental mods.

The reason for envirornmental mod incompatability, has to do with how he has the sensors set for ships, subs, and aircraft.

So I'm guessing, you would have to compare files, and then change the settings in your files to corelate with TMO's settings.

If you get a chance to contrast and compare, and wish to, I would use it for sure! Just to mx things up a bit from the same old, same old.
I know that this mod is compatible with TMO and RFB because it only changes the scene.dat and a few shaders and textures. Try it out at least, the only way to know if there are issues is if someone extensively tests the mod. You will know immediately if the AI sensors are messed up. Sorry to sound harsh but this mod is not designed to be used with TMO so don't expect me to take the time to ensure it is 100% compatible.
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 10:19 AM   #3
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

That's cool. Yes I did use it, and just am used to what TMO offers is all.

---------------------

Old 05-03-12, 01:46 PM   #4
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
That's cool. Yes I did use it, and just am used to what TMO offers is all.
This next version will be better than the TMO environment. Fog improvements on the way aswell.

Old 05-03-12, 02:53 PM   #5
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I know that this mod is compatible with TMO and RFB because it only changes the scene.dat and a few shaders and textures.
Sadly things are not as easy as that ...

The sensors work in part with the amount of environmental light that the game renders each moment (Specially at night, as mods with pitch black nights require much more sensitive settings to prevent the crew from being "blind"), so making an environment with different light/contrast, etc levels will indeed affect the visual sensors, making them either see better or worser.
Old 05-03-12, 06:02 PM   #6
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Sadly things are not as easy as that ...

The sensors work in part with the amount of environmental light that the game renders each moment (Specially at night, as mods with pitch black nights require much more sensitive settings to prevent the crew from being "blind"), so making an environment with different light/contrast, etc levels will indeed affect the visual sensors, making them either see better or worser.
We will need to see how nominal the effects are in-game, this mod will work with the stock game and RSRDC for sure as these mods rely on stock lighting conditions, which are featured in the mod.
Old 05-16-12, 09:54 AM   #7
Caustic
Torpedoman

Final results of my work on the TMO version of the mod.

Improved stock environment should be 100% compatible with TMO and RFB now as I have decided to use the scene.dat files in these respective mods, while modifying the ocean and sky colors. The AI should react as you'd expect in stock TMO. The stock version of this mod for (SH4 1.5) will include a complete overhaul of the environment from textures, shaders, sounds, etc. The TMO version also includes custom sounds.
Old 05-16-12, 12:01 PM   #8
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post

Improved stock environment should be 100% compatible with TMO and RFB now as I have decided to use the scene.dat files in these respective mods, while modifying the ocean and sky colors. The AI should react as you'd expect in stock TMO. The stock version of this mod for (SH4 1.5) will include a complete overhaul of the environment from textures, shaders, sounds, etc. The TMO version also includes custom sounds.
Great news! When could you post the links for the mod?

Many thanks for this nice job!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 01:31 PM   #9
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Great news! When could you post the links for the mod?

Many thanks for this nice job!

Fitzcarraldo
When i'm done testing and such, working towards a full release tommorow. Some things involving lighting still bother me, particularly during the night.

I'm happy you are pleased with the results!
Old 05-16-12, 05:25 PM   #10
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

I downloaded the latest version & I was very happy with the more muted ocean colors, along with the wave patterns. The water's light absorption is far superior to stock SH4 reflectiveness, which reminded me of the
T-1000's liquid metal from "Terminator 2". In my opinion the mod's suitable for the Atlantic as well as the Pacific & I would love to use it in "Wolves of the Kaiser" with permission, when you're done tweaking.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 08:33 PM   #11
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post

Wow! That's really lookin' good there Caustic!

Just outta curiosity, and maybe you know what controls the sunlight refelction on the water, but I would like to tweak it so it looks more like when I take my boat out fishing. On clear or very little cloud days, the sunlight reflection is such, that if you don't wear sunglasses, within an hour, you will have a pounding headache. Which is why I have about 6 pairs of polarized sunglasses in the dash panel compartment. From very dark almost black, to amber type shooting glasses.

Anyways, what I was wondering about, is reproducing thiese kinds of reflections of the sun off the water:

Especially this one! That sunlight is blinding! I see it like that all too often!

Again, I don't know if this can be mimicked or not, but the sunlight reflection has always seemed weak compared to being out on the water myself.

I'ld like to do it myself, even if for just personal use, but I don't what controls that part of it.

And thankyou for taking the supermods into consideration! That's cool man!

---------------------

Old 05-16-12, 10:24 PM   #12
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Is there any chance of a version specially designed for the North Atlantic? Although, as I mentioned earlier, the current version is a good enough stand-in for most seas. Just had to ask!

Thanks.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 10:40 PM   #13
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

nice work! Okay to use with TMO AND RSRD?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 09:55 AM   #14
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
nice work! Okay to use with TMO AND RSRD?
RSRD does not change the environment so Improved Stock Environment is compatible with it in all situations.
Old 05-17-12, 09:58 AM   #15
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Is there any chance of a version specially designed for the North Atlantic? Although, as I mentioned earlier, the current version is a good enough stand-in for most seas. Just had to ask!

Thanks.
The TMO version of the mod cannot generate such an appearence that could not be easily exported, it relies on TMO shaders and textures, which I did not overwrite with my own, for fear of bugs and issues that might arise.