Old 03-29-20, 10:59 AM   #9061
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

It was the People who created the Constitution, and it only came into effect after 9 of the 13 States had ratified it. The Constitution is the Law of the Land, but itself was created for a purpose, and it must follow that purpose. If parts of the Constitution are misused they can be altered. It's not easy, nor should it be, but it is possible.
An another question from an outsider(non-American)

I could understand if this amendment was (And now I forgot the word)

But now your country is in a state of emergency and do you not have other laws that so to say take over some of your amendment ?

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 03-29-20, 08:01 PM   #9062
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
But now your country is in a state of emergency and do you not have other laws that so to say take over some of your amendment ?
Yes and no, the Defense Production Act, (has been around for 70 yrs) allows the President to take certain liberties during an emergency, however he still has to work through congress.
Old 03-29-20, 09:24 PM   #9063
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Yes and no, the Defense Production Act, (has been around for 70 yrs) allows the President to take certain liberties during an emergency, however he still has to work through congress.
You know that puzzle game that has one space missing and you have to move everything around to spell something?

Same with the Congress and the Senate and the White House

In order for the WH to get what it wants it has to have the US Congress and the Senate votes all on their side to get what they want.

In the middle 60's President Johnson could just pick up the phone and call Sam Rayburn the speaker of the House and ask for and get anything he wanted.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-30-20, 07:09 AM   #9064
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Because the “Ratings” of my News Conferences etc. are so high, “Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers” according to the @nytimes
, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY. “Trump is reaching too many people, we must stop him.” said one lunatic. See you at 5:00 P.M.!

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News...

...alone attracted 6.2 million viewers for the president’s briefing — an astounding number for a 6 p.m. cable broadcast, more akin to the viewership for a popular prime-time sitcom...

..The CBS News poll said 13 percent of Republicans trusted the news media for information about the virus.” Michael M. Grynbaum @NYTimes
Wowh, If only he would know the stuff that really matters as well as he knows his TV quotas.

This rotten character is sick, sick, sick. The morgues in new York are full, New Orleans goes down the drain, millions sit at home, scared, not knowing where to go and what to expect next - and this shabby carricature of a human being cares most for his TV appeareance and prioritizes polishing his sick ego before everything else. Even when he presents another of his fantastic law acts into the camera, he demands his staff to stand crowded behind him, shoulder to shoulder, in complete ignorrance of the signs of the times.

Sick, sick, sick.

Edit.
Twitter deletes tweets by Bolsonaro, and a court has ordered Bolsonaro to stop agitating against governors who try to repair the damages that Bolsonaro does, and who do thing sin their priovinces that Bolsonaro wants to see not getting done. Maybe Twitter should consider the same regarding Bolsonaro's American twin brother. If the SHTF, then shut off the fan for a start.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-30-20 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-30-20, 12:36 PM   #9065
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-30-20, 06:43 PM   #9066
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Pic

Good thing he wasn't taped up when he ordered flights suspended from China and Europe right?
Old 04-02-20, 04:32 PM   #9067
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
The Arizona woman who said she and her husband drank fish-tank cleaner to ward off coronavirus has donated heavily to Democrats and acknowledges she's not a President Trump supporter -- despite news reports that she ingested the dangerous drug because she trusted what she thought was the president's advice.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ari...trump-democrat
Old 04-02-20, 09:28 PM   #9068
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Al Capone
Old 04-02-20, 09:34 PM   #9069
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

Yeah, pretty funny how ignorant people hurt themselves. Ha ha.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 04-02-20, 11:23 PM   #9070
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

THEY INGESTED IT BECAUSE THEY WERE STUPID.
Old 04-02-20, 11:25 PM   #9071
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Does that make it funny?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 04-03-20, 09:00 AM   #9072
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Not Funny, but ironic in a sad sort of way, I'm pretty confident that on the back of that package of fish tank cleaner there was a warning against ingesting it.
Old 04-03-20, 12:26 PM   #9073
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Yeah, pretty funny how ignorant people hurt themselves. Ha ha.

No, what I am laughing at is the medias assumption that they were Trump supporters, but point taken. I will not expect to see you post in any Darwin Awards type of threads from here out seeing as how much it you dislike making fun of stupid people right?
Old 04-03-20, 01:14 PM   #9074
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
No, what I am laughing at is the medias assumption that they were Trump supporters, but point taken. I will not expect to see you post in any Darwin Awards type of threads from here out seeing as how much it you dislike making fun of stupid people right?
Can't say I followed the story past its initial reporting, but from that it was never said they were Trump supporters, but that they tried the chemical because they saw Trump speak about it as a possible treatment for COVID-19.
Old 04-03-20, 01:37 PM   #9075
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

U.S. big bucks turn global face mask hunt into 'Wild West'

by Reuters:
"Since the virus was first recorded in China late last year, the pandemic has spread around the world. Governments in Europe, the Americas and elsewhere are desperately trying to build up supplies for medics, nursing home staff and the public.

Now, with global cases surpassing one million and the outbreak exploding in the United States, the competition for precious stocks is intensifying further.

In one case, an order of 200,000 masks for Germany made by U.S.-listed multinational 3M Co in China were “confiscated” in Bangkok, Berlin Secretary of Interior Andreas Geisel, said in a statement, calling it an “act of modern piracy.”

Not nice. I hope the EU is doing better.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter