Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-20, 11:42 AM   #8986
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/a...m-15155772.php

Stimulus bill prevents Trump and his family from benefiting from loan programs...
During a television interview Wednesday morning, Schumer stressed that the provision applies not only to Trump but to "any major figure in government." "That makes sense. Those of us who write the law shouldn't benefit from the law," Schumer said on CNN.

Makes sense I can imagine the national uproar if 'major' public figures benefited from a bailout while the rest of us are still scrounging around for toity papers

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-25-20, 12:13 PM   #8987
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

If this is true, God help the USA;

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...ths-vs-economy
Old 03-25-20, 12:27 PM   #8988
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
It's called advertising with President Trump being in the eye of the public everyday.

Plus a numbers game of people staying home watching him on TV (on the news channels everyday for his updates)

VP Pence is starting to look like a President too
Has the opposite effect on me. If I manage not to see Trump talking out his ass, and I hear Beto/Biden scheming to get mah guns, I can imagine holding my nose and *gulp* voting for President Loony Trump.

Was listening to NPR yesterday, a health care clinic in Houston proudly announced they can now test for COVID-19. The host asked some questions, like what are their hours, what's the process, etc. Then he asked, "Does immigration status matter?" The clinic spokeswoman smugly said, "Not at all, we will care for anyone and everyone." Great, if my mother comes down with severe symptoms and I have to take her in, she be in line behind a horde of illegal aliens.

And they wonder how Trump got elected.
Old 03-25-20, 12:36 PM   #8989
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post

Good article, I moved it to politics since it is centered around the President's handling of this emergency.

Quote:
One of the major reasons the United States is in the midst of a health crisis that has killed 427 people and infected at least 34,354 so far is the fatty mass inside Donald Trump’s head that told him If you pretend like none of this is happening, it’ll all just go away. Singularly obsessed with the stock market, the president squandered his opportunity to contain the novel coronavirus out of fear that taking strong action would damage the economy, telling advisers in February not to “do or say anything that would further spook the markets.”

Obviously that plan of “action” backfired so spectacularly that it would be quite funny if not for the whole life and death thing; weirdly, not doing anything about a deadly disease and insisting it was a hoax didn’t actually make investors feel better. Terrified about the fact that the Dow and S&P were still regularly recording some of their worst days since the crash of ’87, Trump decided roughly eight days ago to stop calling the pandemic “fake news” and actually advise people to take it seriously and stay home.

One week, however, apparently represented the president’s upper limit for acting quasi-responsibly. Last Thursday, he reportedly began talking privately about getting people back to work, just three days after the CDC rolled out a campaign to encourage everyone to stay home for at least 15 days. On Sunday, he all-caps tweeted, “WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!”

Then you have the Texas Lt. Gov

Old 03-25-20, 12:50 PM   #8990
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Sounds like:

Sacrifice a few thousands for the benefit of millions of people and the wealthy

Markus
Old 03-25-20, 12:50 PM   #8991
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
Of course it becomes political football perpetuated by news sources looking to make a buck. First he's purported to have recommend people to take fish tank cleaner. Now the headlines read he wants to kill off all the old people, because... You can believe whatever you want to believe.

Rockstar is online  
Old 03-25-20, 01:24 PM   #8992
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Here's me thinking UK politics had no contenders in the stupidity stakes

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-25-20, 01:59 PM   #8993
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Are you kidding?

Our "conservative vs liberal" fight is every bit as ridiculous as yours, its just different.

ET2SN is online  
Old 03-25-20, 03:18 PM   #8994
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

The cure really may be worse than the virus. Good luck everyone.

Negative rates come to the US: 1-month and 3-month Treasury bill yields are now below zero
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/nega...-negative.html

Rockstar is online  
Old 03-25-20, 03:58 PM   #8995
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Every country in the world is throwing money at this. In the end we'll all pay, the big question is how much. How much do you put on you or your families life?
Old 03-25-20, 05:11 PM   #8996
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Here's your "tolerant" California liberals hoarding and stealing
https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status...87113442004992

Quote:
California(or certain areas in Cali, unsure tbh) passed laws that any theft under $900 is not even a misdemeanor. So in theory you can steal anything from anyone that’s worth less and get away with it even if caught, like the video above shows.
Old 03-25-20, 09:22 PM   #8997
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Every country in the world is throwing money at this. In the end we'll all pay, the big question is how much. How much do you put on you or your families life?
We are no where near the bottom yet. IMO rght now things are great compared to where gonna be when we get Q2 reports, economic data on GDP and jobless claims. Can you say market collapse? Even China isnt gonna recover as fast some people and ol' Xi are leading you to believe.

Rockstar is online  
Old 03-25-20, 09:26 PM   #8998
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Well Jim just remember.
Old 03-25-20, 09:42 PM   #8999
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Well at least we (U.S. and U.K.) know who to blame (ourselves the electorate, the citizen, elected official). Look at the E.U. it was an unelected parliament and their parliament president 'shotgun Uschi' that made the decision to keep the beloved Schengen Area open until it was way way too late to prevent the outrageously grotesque number of infections they're at now. But the unelected parliament president finally gave the so called sovereign nations permission to close their traditional borders just a few weeks ago.

But ya we're all in a world of hurt in our own screwed up sort of way. But my guess E.U. euros dont know who to crucify since they really dont know whose making all the decisions for them and even if they did, they cant vote them out anyway.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-25-20 at 10:22 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-26-20, 06:24 AM   #9000
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Glad you found someone to blame apart from China

B.t.w. the EU is as much an "unelected" government as the US. The EU treaties declare the EU to be based on representative democracy, and direct elections take place to the European Parliament. The EU is not even a government.
The decision to close borders is not seen as a good instrument to stop the virus either and it was the decision of the single national states to do that - the EU is no government and cannot tell single nations what to do.

It would have been much more intelligent not to party on in masses when you were positively tested, like in Austria and in Bavaria, Germany. Cooperation has almost collapsed, Hungary's 'president' tries to accumulate all power to his person, using the crisis for his personal gains.
"The weaknesses don’t stem from an improperly structured society. The fault is in the very imperfect nature of man himself"

But hey it is all the fault of the EU, of course. I must have written this a hundred times here.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-26-20 at 07:05 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter