Closed Thread

Old 03-15-20, 03:03 PM   #8896
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ As I remembered it, Hillary got a few millions more votes than Trump, but due to the American election system Mr. Trump won the election.

If you had the same system as we have in most European countries some of your president wouldn't have won.

Al Gore would have won instead (If I remember correctly)

and of course Last Mrs Clinton.

Markus

And if my Aunt had a beard she'd be my Uncle. It is not by accident that the name of our country is the United STATES of America Markus. The Electoral College is our countries historical way of electing Presidents and I think our 200 year success with the system shows the wisdom and durability of it.
Old 03-15-20, 03:24 PM   #8897
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

My sincere apology to my American friends in this forum

I can see my last comment on August response, may have given you the impression I was criticizing your election system, which I in my wildest dream never would do.

My comment was based on some words in August reply

"That was pretty much the voters intent behind electing Trump in the first place."

Reading those words made me recall that Mrs Clinton got more votes than Mr Trump.

Markus
Old 03-15-20, 04:55 PM   #8898
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Criticizing the electoral college is acceptable, as long as we try to stay factual. Some of the Founders were opposed to it. Some wanted the President to elected by the Congress, or the States.

The main thing to remember is these days people favor it when it helps their cause and oppose it when it hurts their cause.

On a side topic, tonight's debate will be very interesting. The Democratic party, the party of diversity and inclusion, have only two old white men to choose from, especially since the have actively colluded with the MSM to exclude the woman of color candidate, Tulsi Gabbard. Most news about her was suppressed. And the Democratic voters did the choosing by their votes.

Hint: Dems, if you want to guarantee victory in Nov, have Biden and Sanders run as a ticket, Trumpo will be a one term aberration.
Old 03-15-20, 05:34 PM   #8899
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

Hint: Dems, if you want to guarantee victory in Nov, have Biden and Sanders run as a ticket, Trumpo will be a one term aberration.
Sanders would and could beat President Trump in the November 2020 National election due to the fact that he is so different and would offer the poor a real chance to get even with the rich,
but a Biden/Sanders ticket is not possible.

Biden has already indicated that he prefers Michelle Obama for his running mate true or not I do not know
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-15-20, 05:58 PM   #8900
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I know how you answered me about a month ago, when I asked If Trump had a chance against Bernie and now Joe.
(I also said Mr Trump shouldn't take the election to easy)

Most of you said Mr Trump would win.

So a question to those of you who support your President:

Do you still Think Mr Trump will win with ease, after the way he has tackled the corona thing ?

Markus
Old 03-15-20, 06:15 PM   #8901
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I know how you answered me about a month ago, when I asked If Trump had a chance against Bernie and now Joe.

Do you still Think Mr Trump will win with ease, after the way he has tackled the corona thing ?

Markus

When I look at the potential opposition I certainly will still give my vote to Trump.
Old 03-15-20, 06:55 PM   #8902
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

Markus

So 50 deaths in the USA so far versus 1800 something in Italy? I'd say Trump will still win easily, but then I think John Kerry or some other democrat probably violated the Logan Act (again) and convinced China that releasing some nasty biological agent in Wuhan was the best way for them to deal with Trump and the Hong Kong effect(freedom man!), and then everything could go back to the way the cronyism was before Trump. A few eggs would need to be broken to make this omelet. I think the Democrats were that desperate. Up big gov't, up gov't control, up the ruling elite. But I'm crazy.

Of course most of the Americans that die will probably have been Trump voters... Maybe we should get those votes in early.
Old 03-15-20, 07:19 PM   #8903
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ It was only a question based on all the critics he have got on this corona thing.

Markus
Old 03-15-20, 08:43 PM   #8904
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Sanders would and could beat President Trump in the November 2020 National election due to the fact that he is so different and would offer the poor a real chance to get even with the rich,
but a Biden/Sanders ticket is not possible.

Biden has already indicated that he prefers Michelle Obama for his running mate true or not I do not know

Well, you are right. Biden just pledged his running mate will be a woman.
Old 03-15-20, 11:18 PM   #8905
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Hmm.. debate over, Biden managed to get through it just fine. Looks like it will be Trump vs Biden.
Old 03-16-20, 12:11 AM   #8906
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
When I look at the potential opposition I certainly will still give my vote to Trump.

I tend to agree with this.

Quote:
Well, you are right. Biden just pledged his running mate will be a woman.

Originally, I thought it would be Warren and HRC. HRC will attach her wagon to anybody. I theory was/is Warren would win day 1, Jan 2, they would find her floating face down in the bathtub...

Oh no did Warren slip in the shower? I'll make some funeral potatoes.
Old 03-16-20, 09:51 AM   #8907
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Yuk, that's not the image I want to see before breakfast.

So, Biden looked scattered for the first few exchanges but he actually smoothed out for the rest of the debate. He's not senile. He was able to discuss and recall a wide arrange of political events in his exchange with Bernie. He will nominate a woman as VP, if he's smart it will be someone less radical than Warren.

With Trumpo's bumbled response to a national emergency, the pandemic and then having crashed the economy and tanked the stock market, Trump's reelection is far from certain. I think Biden has a better shot than HRC did in 2016.
Old 03-16-20, 11:48 AM   #8908
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
With Trumpo's bumbled response to a national emergency, the pandemic and then having crashed the economy and tanked the stock market, Trump's reelection is far from certain. I think Biden has a better shot than HRC did in 2016.
If Donald Trump defeats Joe Biden in November his single greatest accomplishment as a politician will be keeping two of the most corrupt people to ever run for President , Hillary and Joe, out of the White House.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 03-16-20, 12:15 PM   #8909
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Yeah, no doubt. I just don't know if I can take much more Trump, can't we just go a term with NO president if these are our best choices?
Old 03-16-20, 04:07 PM   #8910
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

That's just bunk. Trump hasn't bungled anything. He's been doing a fine job getting the right people working on the issue. The crashing economy is not his fault and it would certainly have crashed with anyone else in office.

We'll see where we are in a few months. If this virus turns out not to be as bad for us here in the US as opposed to other countries will you change your mind?
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter