Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-19, 01:03 PM   #7546
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Whether or not this impeachment stuff goes any where, remains to be seen. But it has been worth the price of admission and extra popcorn to watch Trump on Twitter! He thrashing around like a beached whale, and looking more pathetic with each tweet! Tweet away Trump, tweet away, love the entertainment!!

Al Capone
Old 09-30-19, 02:44 PM   #7547
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
Just remember that Repubs (or should they change the name to "Trumpists" to reflect their ultimate respect and allegiance to the new found Fuhrer)...
Are a small and shrinking part of the American electorate mostly made up of disaffected white males (white supremisists?) who like to sit on their fat asses and play Admiral.

BTW.. I don't hate anyone, not even trump, even thought I think he's a yellow haired,orange skinned wannabe dictator who cheats on his wife,income taxes,
likes to lock little babies in cages and is probably the Anti-Christ and has fooled a lot of other fools and BTW has contributed to Hillary Clinton's passed campaigns eight times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Whether or not this impeachment stuff goes any where, remains to be seen. But it has been worth the price of admission and extra popcorn to watch Trump on Twitter! He thrashing around like a beached whale, and looking more pathetic with each tweet! Tweet away Trump, tweet away, love the entertainment!!
I'm gonna guess that you guys are Democrats.

No I'm not psychic.

I'm just curious as to whether you had a preferred candidate in the Dem primary. And if so why. Anybody else can weigh in also.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-30-19, 02:55 PM   #7548
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
I'm just curious as to whether you had a preferred candidate in the Dem primary. And if so why. Anybody else can weigh in also.
I would have voted for Goofy, but he wasn't on the ticket
Old 09-30-19, 03:31 PM   #7549
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Hey, ...wait...

...didn't he get the EC win in 2016?...

<O>
Old 09-30-19, 04:53 PM   #7550
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(An off topic comment)
I do not claim to be an expert in this field of religion, even though it's one of my biggest interest among others in the section history.

I have through my interest in History of Religion been studying this anti Christ

and from what I remember from all my readings, watching documentaries I can say following

Trump ain't the Anti Christ. Very far from

Markus

(End of an off topic comment)
mapuc is online  
Old 10-01-19, 04:25 AM   #7551
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Something tells me Trump isn't too happy about his choice of personal lawyer right about now:
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/30/p...er-/index.html

Quote:
Key House Democrats announced on Monday that they are issuing a subpoena to President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani for documents related to Ukraine as part of the House impeachment inquiry.
Quote:
For example, on September 19, 2019, you admitted on national television that you
personally asked the government of Ukraine to target Vice President Biden.
During an interview
on CNN, Chris Cuomo asked you, "So, you did ask Ukraine to look into Joe Biden?" You
responded, "Of course I did." In addition to this stark admission, you stated more recently that
you are in possession of evidence--in the form of text messages, phone records, and other
communications--indicating that you were not acting alone and that other Trump Administration
officials may have been involved in this scheme.
The subpoena requires you to produce all of
those communications, and other related documents, to the Committees in order to determine the
full extent of this effort by the President and his Administration to press Ukraine to interfere in
our 2020 presidential election.

Old 10-01-19, 07:56 AM   #7552
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

These MF's better not tank the economy and ruin my exit strategy. I just need until 2024, I'm too old to take up arms. LOL

Last edited by em2nought; 10-01-19 at 07:57 AM. Reason: shorten
Old 10-01-19, 02:43 PM   #7553
vienna
Navy Seal

Intel community watchdog appears to push back on Trump allegations of changes to whistleblower rules --

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...-whistleblower

Link to ICIG actual Press Release:

https://www.dni.gov/files/ICIG/Docum...Complaints.pdf

<O>
Old 10-01-19, 03:17 PM   #7554
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The one big concern of mine is whether or not sufficient key posts in the scheme of checks and balances still are manned with objective people trying to stay loyal to law and order and the constitutional demands. My fear is that this conflict already is so bad that it comes down to who has his "own guys" in sufficiently powerful positions as to bypass checks and balances and simply counter moves by the other side by "brute force". Pompeos annoucnements today imo are nothign else than threatening that he will not obey legal demands by the law. So far that is an attempt of intimidation. If he manages to carry it out, if his threats fall on fertile ground, than it is a coup, and the law has been taken out.

That the American system, the way it was meant and intended, functions at least sufficiently anymore, I do no longer take for granted. I mean it has not functioned unmanipulated and without corruption of power and lobbyism since decades, but there was still room for detoriating it even further - and Trump has used his three years to maximise the damage. He is the political equivalent to a bunker-busting bomb. Its possible that he will be the one cause that completely knocks the system out.

In other words: a coup d'etat that is taking place behind the stage's curtain. The public will no resist to a coup if it is not aware of a coup having taken place.
Old 10-01-19, 04:09 PM   #7555
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Well anyways it's nice to note that the Democrats are admitting that their entire case is based on hearsay from a political partisan. They must be slipping. Heck with Mueller they at least had that Steele Report disinformation piece that the Russians whipped up for them.

Poor Biden. He comes up a looser no matter how it goes. It's so sad to see all this controversy hurting the old guy when any Democrat will tell you that he is as pure as the driven snow.

I mean no way could there possibly be anything wrong with his son landing a $50k per month gig in a field that he had no experience or training for, in a country whose language he did not speak. And just because that Ukrainian prosecutor happened to be investigating his son that couldn't possibly have anything at all to do with Bidens threat to withhold aid money if the prosecutor was not removed and the investigation halted.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-01-19, 04:33 PM   #7556
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Intel community watchdog appears to push back on Trump allegations of changes to whistleblower rules --

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...-whistleblower
Another viewpoint.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/30...o-frame-trump/

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-01-19, 05:00 PM   #7557
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I wonder, if this attempt to impeach Trump fail
Will it return as a boomerang and hit them smack in the face ?

It was the memory of what our Journalist in USA said some days ago.

The American voters could very well get sick and tired of this

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-01-19, 05:03 PM   #7558
vienna
Navy Seal

While US soybean farmers are losing sales and losing long worked for trade relationships, while US medium and small manufacturing businesses are faced with economic ruin due to increased costs for raw materials, while US workers are facing layoffs (with some layoffs already having happened), while all this is going on to the detriment of the US economy, at least the spawn of the Great Orange Screw-up are reaping benefits:

China grants Ivanka Trump five new trademarks amid trade-war talks, troubling ethics watchdog --

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/unit...rademarks-amid

... and this is not new; from 2018:

Ivanka Trump gets initial approval from China for 16 new trademarks — including for 'voting machines' --

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/ivan...rademarks.html

...and let's not forget this classic:

Trump vows to help China save Chinese jobs. Really. --

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/5/14/...hina-trade-war

... which came days after a certain spawn got certain concessions:

Ivanka Trump won China trademarks days before her father's reversal on ZTE --

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...p-zte-reversal

...and, hey, not to be left out, it seems the Clueless Leader got a little sumpin', sumpin' too in the deal:

Trump helps sanctioned Chinese phone maker after China delivers a big loan to a Trump project --

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...esia-lido-city

Since the Far Right is so keen about searching out government corruption everywhere, can we presume the GOP-controlled Senate committees will be giving the above the same urgent attention they demand on 'other matters'?

Illegal? How about un-Constitutional....

... ya know, that little nagging thing called the Emoluments clause...

[QUOTE=August;2630210]Well anyways it's nice to note that the Democrats are admitting that their entire case is based on hearsay from a political partisan.

/QUOTE]

Got a cite for that claim of a DEM 'admission'...?...

<O>
Old 10-01-19, 05:05 PM   #7559
vienna
Navy Seal

<O>
Old 10-01-19, 07:48 PM   #7560
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter